cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price of Galaxy Note 3

Journeyman

Re: Price of Galaxy Note 3

none of those phones are ones that i was referring too. i was referring to the old flip phones with no camera that are used and still sold for over $200 and if sprint would work on their horrible customer service and act more competitive with rival companies then maybe they would make more seeing as how a retail consultant there makes commission on top of minimum wage so the more they sale the more they make and the more sprint makes take care of your customers and they'll take care of you

Master

1990egs, selling basic phones is a practice that all carriers do, not everyone needs or can use a smart phone.

NYClos, I know about your underpriced phones. And if you guys can't afford doing anything, since there is low to no margin on plans and phones, then Sprint technically is ship ready to sink, and I don't think that is the case.

What I was saying is Sprint needs to sell phones in the same ball park as the other companies, better saying, the same price. If Samsung is giving them to sprint higher then the other carriers (something that can't happen), Sprint needs to take another look at the contract they have with Samsung.

Wizard

1990egs,

I agree that it is bad ethics to provide misinformation. I wouldn't consider the Galaxy Note 3, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, Galaxy S4, HTC One, Moto X, or Blackberry Q10 outdated or basic phones. If you review the retail price versus the discounted price they're sold at then you can see that they are sold at a loss with the intention of recouping over the life of the contract.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I thought it was bad business ethics to lie to your customers. The fact that your saying that Sprint sells devices at a loss is a slap to the face of every single customer you have since Sprint sells out dated phones, not smart phones but basic phones that were the stepping stones for what we have today, for over $200. Considering this and the god awful customer service that Sprint is renowned for i think I'll take my business else where. Even at&t knows how to conduct business seeing as how they actually price match and sometimes set you up with extra discounts.

Wizard

Dj_Damjano,

My stores don't price match . I'll admit that I don't know the specific business models of the other companies but I do know that they have less overhead expenses and Sprint sells devices at a loss. The prices set by our number crunching people are at the lowest we can offer them while still maintaining our business.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

because Iphone is over exaggerated and overpriced, they dictate what to sell and at what price, many carriers no longer push iphones, because it takes them longer to recoup the money they buy the phone.

Master

Actually you are wrong on the Amazon example, you guys run the network and charge us to pay for expenses and profits (which is very understandable). As far as the phones go, you guys are just a third party retailer, and based on the contract you have with the manufactures (like Samsung, HTC, Apple, etc.) you guys decide the price of the devices.

Stores like Amazon, Wallmart, best buy, etc. have different contracts and require the manufactures to issue deals,deals that Samsung, or any other ones, offers in general or for each specific store (and this is normal, business 101 practice).

Don't forget, the drug store and the supermarket..., they do price match each other

Journeyman

I was in Tigerdirect (Spring Valley/Tollway - Dallas Tx) yesterday during lunch. $269.99 was their price for Note 3. Rep told me it didn't matter if it was new account or upgrade. I asked about insurance and he said they have everything Sprint has. He also told me to avoid renewing via Sprint....to always buy my phone from Tigerdirect/Walmart/Bestbuy to get best price on phone. They did have S3/S4 for some reasonable prices $19.99 to 99.99. My co-worker asked about IPhone since none were on display. I was surprised when he said they don't carry Iphone.

Wizard

Dj_Damano,

I wish we had the same deal. It'd make my job so much easier to be able to present the lowest price and I also want this phone at a lower cost. It's like that everywhere though. I can buy the same brand of paper towels cheaper at my local supermarket than I can at the drug store across the street. Same product, different store, different prices.

Amazon, for example, has the benefit of not having to run a cell phone network and operate hundreds of retail stores so they can skim prices off of the devices they sell. Competing carriers charge more for the monthly service so they can present that appeal of a few dollars off of a phone upfront.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

It would be nice if you guys will have a deal with Samsung and you guys had the lowest price, instead of us going around to find a good deal. Also, how come you guys don't do price matching? Every other company in the planet (not just cell carriers) have that business practice in place.