cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Note 3 when trying to do a screen shot, how can I fix it?"security policy prevents to use screen capture"

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Problems with Note 3 when trying to do a screen shot, how can I fix it?"security policy prevents to use screen capture"

Screen shot problem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Master

Re: Problems with Note 3 when trying to do a screen shot, how can I fix it?"security policy prevents to use screen capture"

jorgegarcia77043 -When did this issue start? Did you do the kitkat update? Try going to: Application Manager under the "All" tab and finding the Security Policy Updates and first clicking "Clear Cache" and then "Force stop" and then going to the Security area in settings and then telling it to manually check for a update. - Lavauna

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
Master

Re: Problems with Note 3 when trying to do a screen shot, how can I fix it?"security policy prevents to use screen capture"

jorgegarcia77043 -When did this issue start? Did you do the kitkat update? Try going to: Application Manager under the "All" tab and finding the Security Policy Updates and first clicking "Clear Cache" and then "Force stop" and then going to the Security area in settings and then telling it to manually check for a update. - Lavauna

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having same issue. Did what you request still not working.

Highlighted
Master

peters1972,

Have you always had issues taking a screen shot with your phone or did you notice changes after an update? Are you having issues with just swiping the screen or using the S-Pen? Please let me know.

*Liz
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

I'm having the same problem as well. Force stop, etc.... all of the things advised to do still doesn't work.

Highlighted
Master

JAL,

This is strange. You should be able to perform a screen shot using a Palm Swipe. Read how to configure and perform a palm swipe via the following link (do a word search for Palm Motions).

- Duane
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Having same issue. I have tried the steps you gave. And this includes palm swipe and any type of screen capturing with the S Pen.
Also, checked in settings under "Motions" and Palm Swipe is greyed out and can't even be edited.

Highlighted
Master

sik_smoke, Have you tried to take the device into the store for an advance diagnostics? Keep me posted. I'm eager to help. - Jodyann
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I did it...but still does not work

Highlighted
Master

Hi Folks, I've just spoken to our device managers and they're reaching out to Samsung for more information about this issue.  Stay tuned to this forum for more information when it becomes available. - Christy

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Awesome. Thank you very much!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just curious do you have "Motions" itself turned on? If not, the palm swipe option under motions would be greyed out. like you say it is.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat