Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Available on Oct. 4

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Available on Oct. 4

Hi DePaul,

I live in the 90620 area (no 4G). I work in the 92707 area (only have 4G because I on the 8th floor, no 4G @ ground level) and per the SpeedTest app, I am running at 2.16 Mbps with 4G LTE and 5 of 6 bars; upload is 2.25 Mbps and it's 2:45PM Local Time. Looks like I am accessing the towers in Los Angeles, CA.

As for my upgrade eligibility, I've been eligible since Aug...But wasn't sure what to about the service. I am tempted to switch to Verizon, but their plan is about double what I am paying right now...Due to their 4G speed and reliability, I have though about it very hard...My brother came down from San Jose with his Verizon iPhone and he had an average 15Mbps. I even used his HotSpot feature and it was so fast!

I would think the HTC EVO 4G LTE is somewhat up to date, since it is a 4G LTE phone. I haven't been interested at the other like the HTC One becuase that one is somewhat similiar to the one I currently have, screen-size wise; also not sure how much longer HTC will survive. I hate iPhones. I was thinking about the S4. but I wanted the biggest screen, so that's why I have held off for the last couple of months.

Keep me posted on the SERO Premium 500 $40+10/mo and the Note 3 eligibility. I know I can order online, but have always needed to call in to activate due to the SERO plan.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree that your plans are better but the service here in Texas isn't so great. I'm very disappointed in paying fees for terrible service. Why wait and purchase a high tech phone when you can't even use it. I was asked by Sprint Customer service to download something on my home computer to make the service better but I would like to leave my home. Please request for new towers or something. Katy Texas is not getting any bars!

Journeyman

Let me tell you. The bars do NOT represent your LTE strength. It represents your VOICE strength.

Highlighted
Wizard

thebeststuff2000,

Thanks for replying. I see you provided the zip codes of 90620 & 92707. Mind sharing with us the correlating cross streets to both zip codes? This information will allow us to retrieve specific information as it pertains to the actual towers you're accessing.

As for considering another provider, we definitely do not want to lose your business. As you mentioned, Sprint offers the best value. We are working tirelessly to expand our LTE coverage and enhance our existing 3G Data and Voice. We appreciate your patience during these upgrades.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Wizard

Laresagordon,

Thanks for post. I am sorry that you're reporting coverage issues in Katy TX. We'd definitely like to survey your towers so that may determine what's causing the issues and implement a fix. Mind sharing with me your zip code and nearest cross streets?

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

The intersection is Interstate 10 and Grand Parkway 99 Katy, Texas 77494.

Highlighted
Wizard

Laresagordon,

Thanks for replying. Most recently there has been outage that was resolved on 09/24/2013. Since then, have you turned your device completely off, and then powered it back on. Upon powering the device back on, have you updated your profile and PRL's?

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not hearing good reviews about the NOTE 3 on Sprint,,I hear the phone quality is horrific...The Tablet is great,,but calls are garbled & drops constantly...I still want 1 but might have to leave Sprint,,my contract exp NEXT JULY

But I agree wholeheartently that Sprint needs to treat longtime Customers better than they do we should

get better discounts  & be able to change our phones without waiting for "The Contract/upgrade"  to become aavailable

Galaxy SIII 16gb

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat