cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Available on Oct. 4

Highlighted
Wizard

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Available on Oct. 4

Samsung Galaxy Note® 3 and Galaxy Gear™ will be available from Sprint beginning Friday, Oct. 4, in all sales channels, including Sprint Stores, Business Sales, Web Sales and Telesales at 1-800-SPRINT1.

Built on Android™ 4.3, Jelly Bean, Galaxy Note 3 will be available in Classic White and Jet Black and costs $349.99 with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement. Available in Jet Black, Oatmeal Beige and Wild Orange, Galaxy Gear will be available for $299.99. (Prices exclude taxes)

Galaxy Note 3 builds on the award-winning Galaxy Note family by offering a fast 2.3GHz quad-core processor for robust multitasking. The new Multi Window lets users seamlessly toggle between supported applications without closing a window or opening a new page. Additionally, Drag and Drop mode within the new Multi Window allows users to easily drag and drop text or image from one window to the other. Users can also run the same application in two different windows at the same time.

The 5.7-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display provides a beautiful viewing experience and enables enhanced multitasking capabilities that allow users to fully utilize the larger screen.

The new S Pen™ can be used for drawing sketches or writing notes but also plays an integral role in how users interface with the device. A simple click of the S Pen button while hovering over the screen introduces Air Command™. With Air Command, there is no need to toggle between screens, memorize commands or look up different menus. These five features make it faster and easier to get things done:

• Action Memo™
  • Scrapbook
  • Screen Write
  • S Finder™
  • Pen Window™

Galaxy Note 3 is a SAFE™ (Samsung for Enterprise) device, meaning it is a good solution for corporate Bring Your Own Device programs and includes support for corporate email, contacts and calendar via Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, VPN connectivity, on-device encryption and MDM integration. It also features the enhanced privacy and security protection provided by Samsung Knox™. Users can use Samsung Knox to run and store security-sensitive applications and data inside a protected container. Security inside the container is strengthened by the system-level protection of Samsung Knox against malware and phishing attacks as well as hacking attempts.

It features a 13-megapixel rear-facing camera with camcorder, Smart Stabilization and LED flash, and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera for video chat. Galaxy Note 3 also offers easy-to-use camera features, including:

• Eraser Shot
  • Drama Shot™ captures a time-lapse event all in one frame.

Additional features simplify and enhance the way users interact with Galaxy Note 3:

• Easy Mode
  • Air View™ lets you hover your finger over photos, files, links and text for an instant preview.
  • WatchON™ simplifies searching and recommends TV, movies and sports according to personal tastes. With WatchON and the built-in IR blaster, Galaxy Note 3 functions as a remote control for home theater equipment.
  • S Beam™

Galaxy Gear introduces the smartphone experience to wearable gear. It features a 1.63-inch Super AMOLED® display and 1.9-megapixel camera. When paired with Galaxy Note 3, the user is connected to discreet notifications, hands-free calling, media/music control and S Voice™ access. Other key features include:

• Smart Relay™: Quick Glance Notification alert for incoming calls, messages and more on Galaxy Gear. When you pick up Galaxy Note 3, it will intuitively open the appropriate application to save you time.
  • Smart Lock: Automatically lock or unlock Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear as soon as Galaxy Gear is within a 5-foot radius of Galaxy Note 3.
  • Find My Device: Galaxy Gear can be used to find Galaxy Note 3 by remotely triggering an alarm when within Bluetooth® range. Galaxy Note 3 can also be used the same way to find Galaxy Gear.

See full news release here.

55 REPLIES 55
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Available on Oct. 4

Only thing missing from the news brief is how much internal storage it has. I assume it will be 32GB (wish it was 64GB) but the brief doesn't say.

TS

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well on the surface of the announcement, it looks like SPRINT is once again about $50 higher on the 2 yr agreement plan than ATT and Verizon and $150 more than T-Mobile. SPRINT did the same thing, $50 high than the other carriers when the S4 first came out. Maybe the carrier's new trade-in program will somehow compensate. Buyers are going to have to run the numbers to see how the carriers plans will affect them individually.

Highlighted
Wizard

The issue here is that the average joe/jane on the street will not care to run the numbers and just see the bottom line of $350 compared to other carriers selling it for much less and will go to them instead. Unless there is a secret weapon hidden in that $350 that offers something that the others do not, I do not see folks becoming Sprint subscribers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree. Im already with Sprint. I was looking at switching to Tmobile because of that. My contract is up and I dont see the point in spending 350 to stay with Sprint when I can switch to Tmobile, pay 199, and make the same monthly payments. I like Sprint but im not seeing any reason to stay. Had it been 299 like everyone else Id resign with no problems.

Highlighted
Wizard

CAPTFBGNET,

Thanks for your post. I understand this device cost in a major concern. Keep in mind, Sprint offers the best value as we offer unlimited data, Guaranteed for life. The device may cost more upfront but, you'll save with us monthly. Dare to compare? Simply visit www.sprint.com/compare. Additionally, we offer the buy-back program that will also help offset the cost to upgrade. For more information on this program, simply visit www.Sprint.com/buyback.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

No offense but I have run the numbers quite a few times and sprint comes out on top as far as a monthly family plan not having to worry about overages.  Between Tmobile and AT&T I would be paying more each month at least on contract than I would at sprint. So I can deal with putting up an additional $50 up front.   I was due for an upgrade back on 9/1/13 and I plan to sell my iphone for $170 at best buy and use it towards a GN3.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I thought about TMobile also but where I live, T-mobile doesn't even cover my zip code!!! It only shows 2G in my zipcode which is not good so TMobile is definitely out for me.

Highlighted
Wizard

richaree123,

Thanks for your post. We definitely do not want to lose your business. Especially, when we have some options in place you may consider to align this device pricing with other carriers. Mind advising which device you're currently using? I am happy to visit www.sprint.com/buyback and see what we're currently offering if you sold us your old device.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the Galaxy s2.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello, can you confirm whether or not the note 3 will support Tri band LTE? and is the internal storage 32 or 64gb?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Personally I believe using the "buyback" program as an excuse to raise the price $50 more compared to other companies is nonsense. Whatever the buyback program offers  is less then what someone can get for their phone on ebay or similar sites. Lets also not forget the $36 activation fee so your looking at almost $400 for a phone . Anyways those arn't my concerns.

What I would like to know is if sprint will offer the phone in a 64gb internal storage? and if so what will the price difference be?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat