cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Available on Oct. 4

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Available on Oct. 4

I think it's time to leave sprint for Verizon! Tired of sprint's low bandwidth in minority areas and BS phone upgrade prices! I have airave and still get bad coverage!!! 93rd east ny ave 11212! I'm paying $110 when Verizon will cost $110 with 2gb data! BYE Sprint!

Highlighted
Wizard

I'm with chokeoloko on the Buyback program -- it's kind of a joke.  Unless you have a pretty new phone, it's not worth it at all.  For example, take my phone, the original Epic 4G.  You know what Sprint will give me for it?  Eight dollars.  That's right, $8.  I can't ever cover the activation fee of a new phone with that.  The Galaxy S2 gets $42 -- not terrible, but not exactly great, either.  The S3 gets $87 whether it's the 16GB or the 32GB versions -- better of course, but no extra money for the higher memory phone?  You know they charged us more for it initially.  The S4 gets you $135, but that phone's only about 6 months old and I don't think anyone with it is eligible for an upgrade now.  Obviously I didn't check everything, so YMMV, but my impression has always been that if your phone is 2+ years old, meaning your contract's over, don't expect any decent money from a buy back program.

As for the price, $50 more than other carriers is just what they did with the S4.  Disappointing, even if there is some balancing out from unlimited data and such.  The up-front price is a huge consideration for people, and being more expensive than your competitors doesn't win you new customers.  I know new people will probably get $100 or something to make it more palatable, but why can't those of us who have been with Sprint for years get a discount like that?  Winning new customers is good, but keeping your old customers is even better.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My iPhone 4S 16 only gets me $142 at sprint and $170 at best buy.  Maybe the out of pocket price will be cheaper at other locations??  Anyway, if I get at best buy at least it will pay for half the cost.

Highlighted
Journeyman

A exempt from a Yahoo article:

Now that Sprint's plan appears the best, it is all nullified by its inefficient 3G service. Its 4G LTE service is yet to mature, and unless people are covered under its 4G network, they will not be able to enjoy the unlimited data plans.

I would still like someone to actually justify the $50 increase of the phone over all of the other carriers.

I for one will not be buying the Note 3 until they drop the price to everyone else's level.   I suggest everyone else do the same.

Highlighted
Wizard

I'm pretty sure we asked for justification when they charged $50 more than everyone else for the Galaxy S4, and got what seemed to be standard legal-type reasons like you have to factor in how much they're subsidizing the phone, the cost of the monthly plan, the services they offer, etc.  IIRC, there were some vague reasons given, but nothing where you'd go, "OK, *that's* why it's $50 more than everyone else -- I get it now."

If you can afford to wait for a price drop, great.  I'd like to, but I'm still on the original Galaxy S, which is 3 years old now.  I was going to get the Nexus 4 last year, but nope, not available on Sprint.  So I waited.  Then the S4 came out and I thought that would be good, but it only had 16GB of memory, half of which was the OS and bloatware, and no App2SD support.  I thought about the HTC One, but it didn't have an SD card slot.  An S4 update came with App2SD so I started debating whether to get it, but I kept waiting, because I knew the Note 3 was anticipated.  Now it's here with 32GB of memory standard (from all I've read) and an SD card slot -- the two things I've been trying to get for like a year.  My old Epic is getting slower and memory is hard to conserve.  Google apps in particular keep getting bigger and bigger, taking up more and more space, and many can't go to the SD card.  I've been uninstalling apps I'd like to have but rarely use in order to keep the ones I use more frequently because of that memory issue -- unfortunately necessary sacrifices when you've only got like 300MB of user-accessible memory on the phone.  I'm not holding out forever, and justifying the wait keeps getting harder.  I'm well overdue for my upgrade, and registered early in 2013 for a Best Buy deal where they'll give you a $50 gift card if you buy a phone from them in 2013.  I intend to get a new phone before they year is out, and despite the cost of the Note 3, it's still my top choice at the moment because of the 32GB of memory plus an SD card slot.

Highlighted
Journeyman

$50 more than the other carriers.....seems like a grab for more

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm sorry, but I've had the Hero, Evo, Evo 3d, Evo LTE, and the One and have never had 4g in my area.. Not wimax or LTE. The 3g is downright awful most of the time not to mention the random outages late at night that nobody even acknowledges. We put up with a lot of bad stuff sticking with Sprint already so charging 50$ more than any other carrier is just wrong. T-Mobile would be killing this industry if they had better coverage. There doesn't appear to be an option to pre-order this phone either, while other carriers do offer it. You guys know you HAVE to offer unlimited because the network is so poor, if it wasn't..Verizon and At&T would be losing customers to Sprint left and right. I've been here several years now and I'm growing tired of the same old song and dance.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Will the SIM card be embedded? Why will no one at Sprint answer this question????

Highlighted
Wizard

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought SIM cards were only used for GSM networks and phones, and since Sprint is on CDMA, there are no SIM cards for their phones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Cdma phones don't use simple cards but when Verizon switched to LTE they now have sim cards, which makes sprint the only manufacturer that doesn't use them.

To the person wanting to know if they are sim locked I would suggest asking in another forum that has people more knowledgeable in that field or going and using a demo phone at the sprint store and checking there somehow.

Highlighted
Journeyman

be careful with Best Buy they are no better then any other company. Sure they offer $170 for the phone (i have the same phone currently) but if you go into the store and talk to them about the Note 3....it is $349.99 for Sprint but Best Buy only offers the 16gb LOL. so for the same exact price at a Sprint store you can get the 32gb.  Watch out for these corporate hustles

Highlighted
Journeyman

Where do you see 16gb on the website? I didn't see that anywhere On bestbuy.com.  I can't see them selling it for $349 if you can get a 32gb for the same. Plus I didn't think samsung made a 16gb.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat