Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Tri-Band Phone?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Tri-Band Phone?

Will the Note 3 work on all three of Sprint's LTE bands (800, 1900 & 2500)?  The LG G3 hasn't been released yet and it's already known this phone will be Sprint's first tri-band phone. I certainly hope Sprint will not consider releasing the Note 3 and not be capable of running on all three bands.

The link of the LG-G2 confirms tri-band phone while the link to the Note 3 does not. Or maybe it does, please correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/LG-G2_id7969

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-III_id7984

55 REPLIES 55
Highlighted
Journeyman

i too would like to know this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

"Based on the GCF Certification, the handset enables LTE 2100/1800/850/1600/800MHz (Bands 1,3,5,7,20), WCDMA 2100/1900/900/850MHz and GSM 1900/1800/900/850MHz connectivity."

The above is for model # "SM-N9005"  vs "SM-N900".  The first is a global variant of the Note 3... we will have to see which are offered by Sprint... I am leaning toward the SM-N9005

Highlighted
Journeyman

So based on the GCF Certification, the Note 3 does not support the 2500 LTE from Clearwire.  That's a bummer, I'm very surprised Sprint would not take the proper steps to ensure such a high end phone is able to take advantage of the "soon to be activated" LTE on their Vision network.  I certainly don't see the "Vision" in that...was considering upgrading and renewing my contract but that's out the window now.....Time to see what AT&T is offering

Highlighted
Journeyman

I seriously doubt a phone like the Galaxy Note 3 will not run on Sprint's Tri-Band Network.

It's Samsung's flagship phone and one the Galaxy Note 2 was one of Sprint's top sellers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

KWUBBALLA,

Good evening and thank you for reaching out to the community for assistance! I do not believe that the Galaxy Note 3 will be tri-band because we will not be expanding our wimax since LTE has come out. Once we receive information on this, we will release it on our newsroom site: newsroom.sprint.com It looks like the release date is projected to be released this fall: http://bit.ly/18BtaYO. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

*Audrey

Sprint Social Media Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

*Audrey = confused

Highlighted
Journeyman

Audrey,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I'm all confused with the answer you provided.  Sprint has 3 LTE bands on the network which are 800 LTE (band 26) formerly Nextel, 1900 (band 25) and 2500 (band 41) formerly Clearwire.  My question is will the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 be able to run on all three of the LTE spectrums?

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/sprint-adds-clearwires-25-ghz-band-lte-coverage-area/2013-07-15

• The 800MHz spectrum that is being added to Sprint’s LTE network beginning later this year excels at in-building coverage. This spectrum is able to be repurposed for LTE as Sprint ceases operations of the Nextel National Network on June 30, 2013.
  • Using 1.9GHz spectrum as its primary band for 4G nationwide coverage, Sprint is making substantial progress with deployment of its new 4G LTE network. Sprint now offers service in 88 markets nationwide, including Los Angeles, Charlotte, Boston and Dallas. Average performance is in the range of six to eight MB per second for downlink and two to three MB per second or higher for uplink. Many Sprint customers are discovering Sprint 4G LTE in cities that haven’t yet officially been announced, including Washington, D.C., New York and San Francisco. Sprint has announced more than 170 additional markets where LTE will be available in the coming months.
  • Clearwire’s 2.5GHz spectrum for its LTE network, which excels at broad-based, high speed coverage, is expected to provide Sprint customers with increased speeds and capacity in densely populated cities.
Highlighted
Journeyman

KWUBBALLA,

Good evening! I see what you’re saying. Basically, our network vision upgrades are to condense all the spectrums into one which increases coverage and makes the cell site smaller, thus making our footprint smaller. I found a great video describing all of this as well:  http://bit.ly/o7NC5X. As far as the Note 3 operating on all these spectrums, technically it will be operating on the new cell site and the condensed spectrums as they are upgraded.

Regards,

*Audrey

Sprint Social Media Team

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

"condense all spectrums into one"??

"makes the cell site smaller, thus making our footprint smaller"?? Why would a wireless carrier want a smaller footprint?!

Audrey --

Please talk to someone technical at Sprint. Your response is nonsensical gobbledygook.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I Think we need to keep the question simple on this one as I don't think she understands. Basically we want to know if its going to be able to use the 2.5ghz LTE or band 41. Most of your recently released phones already can access the 800 MHz n 1900 MHz LTE frequency but don't have access to the 2.5ghz spectrum than was running clearwire wimax but has been relocated to run LTE TDD. Sprint recently released a couple of wireless hotspot devices like the MiFi 500 LTE which can utilize the 3 LTE frequencies ( 800 MHz , 1900 MHz , 2.5ghz). We want to know if the Note 3 is going to have the same ability to access these LTE frequencies

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just so you guys know, its all but confirmed that the Note 3 will be triband, here is the FCC report for what looks to be the GS4 mini for sprint sporting the same chipset. [Invalid Link Removed]

Enjoy!

Message was edited by: TheModerator - Invalid Link Removed

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat