cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Tri-Band Phone?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Tri-Band Phone?

There is nothing official from Sprint or Samsung. Keep it mind, it comes down to Samsung's decision to build it as tri-band.

That being said, LG is releasing the G2 in October as tri-band. This will be a flagship phone, and I can't believe Samsung will want to stick to dual band.

RUMOR is the Note III, and an S4 Mini will be tri-band. There is also rumor the S4 will be re-released as a tri-band this year. It's all speculation though at this point. The earliest way to find out is to watch the FCC reports. I think Sprint should be be more open about this issue. A little explanation other then "We are expanding coverage" would go a long way, and set itself apart from other carries. Nobody will be able to beat the 2.5Ghz speeds.

On a side note, MiFi's have reported good hand offs switching between the 3 bands, which I was worried about because hand offs from 3G to LTE are terrible.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had posted the link to the FCC report confirming(removed by Mod) the GS4 Mini as having a triband radio, and im too lazy to look up the Note 3, but its obvious that the Note 3 will have the same radio as well.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree. I don't know the Mod removed it. Why be so secret? Unless the link really was a bad one.

Highlighted
Journeyman

KWUBBALLA read these files direct from the source, the FCC themselves about the testing of the Sprint variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (A3LSMN900P). Don't read too much into what all these other websites tell you some of them are very miss leading.

http://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledF...

Highlighted
Journeyman cbf
Journeyman

.. and sad to say, it looks like only LTE Band 25 (1900Mhz -- Sprint's first LTE band). If you look at the 2nd exhibit in OET List Exhibits Report, "HAC Production Key Feature Letter", under "Air Interfaces:

CDMA BC0/1/10
GSM 850/1900
WCDMA B2/B5
LTE B25

Presuming the Samsung N900P is really the Galaxy Note 3 from Sprint (and it seems to be), then this application at least is *not* for a tri-band phone.

My Sprint contract is nearly ready for renewal. If I stick with Sprint, I'm certainly not going to use my subsidy to buy a $700+ phone that only supports a single LTE band -- and Sprint's most crowded and narrowest, at that. In fact, I don't see how Sprint could conscionably be offering brand new mono-band LTE phones. And certainly not on the top-end devices.

Softbank really needs to fix this -- quickly. Sprint's been the slowest data network for far too long now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint, are you paying attention to these discussions? Lots at stake..

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unfortunately looks like this really is the case, very disappointing to hear that the N3 looks to be single LTE band. Moving on to another device, LG G2 is my next option! About sprint moving slow with the upgrades, really at this point people should understand that its a brand new network, and its progressing as fast as sprint can muster. So if you cannot wait any longer move on to another carrier, I for one, and happier everyday to see the upgrades coming online here in NYC!

Journeyman

Sprint's key point to customers content with the service and those on the fence is "good things are coming" such as building and providing one of the best Networks.  Revamping of the iDEN spectrum amd the Clearwire aquisition are key to their immediate and future strategy but what does all this mean if the inventory doesn't exist to take advantage of the enhancements, it's as if the enhancements never happened..  A total of 5 top-tier handsets will have been released by October's end (Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 3, Moto X, LG G2 and iPhone 5S/C) and the only one capable of taking advantage of all three LTE bands is the LG G2.  Where is the customer appreciation in that strategy?  Better yet where is Sprint's Vision in that move?

I've been with Sprint over 12 years and have been patiently waiting for the day the Unlimited Plan w/ 2-6 Mbps data speeds and questionable voice coverage was worth the wait. I thought I could finally see the light at the end of the tunnel with the improved voice and building penetration with the 800 LTE spectrum and the faster data speeds (2014) on the Clearwire 2.5 Ghz LTE spectrum. As it turns out it was just the headlights of Sprint blindsiding me yet again with actions not aligning up to their statements. It's been a long ride but this is where I must get off.  Once the network is fully operational and Sprint has devices compatible with the entire network I cuold see possibly returning.

Peace

Highlighted
Journeyman

i am really holding out hope that something is still going to come.  I hope sprint isn't that bad that they would take such an amazingly powerful phone.  One that actually talked about its multi band capabilities at launch and then dumb thiers down to single band.  just doesn't make sense and I really really hope that fcc filing is not the end.  please sprint done ruin a great phone.  your going to lose a lot of upgrades if its only single band.  Prove us wrong please.

Highlighted
Journeyman

everything i've seen is pointing towards single band 1900 LTE for this flagship device.  this is an epic fail by sprint.  unless they pull a rabbit out of the hat when they officially announce the phone, i will not be purchasing this with a galaxy gear for both myself and wife.  not to mention, neither will my dad, sister, friends, etc...

Highlighted
Journeyman

You people just don't get it.

Samsung, not Sprint, manufacturers phones. Samsung, not Sprint, decides what is going on the phone. Someone from Sprint made a speech at a conference a day after the iPhone was announced, and touched on how they're not tri-band phones and how Sprint was disappointed with that. "We wish we could decide Apple's business plan, but we can't." IT'S THE MANUFACTURES' CHOICE. Why is all the blame being put on Sprint? You don't go into a store and buy a Sprint Galaxy S4, you go in and buy a SAMSUNG Galaxy S4. It's the same thing with the Note 3, and the HTC One, and the iPhone 5/c/s.

It's like blaming Sprint that the iPhone doesn't have a bigger screen.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wrong. Unfortunately you DO go into the store and buy a Sprint Galaxy S4 (unless it's unlocked in which case this conversation is moot). That's precisely the point. If Sprint wants people to buy phones (SGN3) that run at competitive speeds on its network, it needs to find the way of influencing Samsung to make phones that run at competitive speeds on its network - especially if they're highly anticipated, flagship, high-margin phones. It's a matter of business strategy and foresight.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat