Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Tri-Band Phone?

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Tri-Band Phone?

Will the Note 3 work on all three of Sprint's LTE bands (800, 1900 & 2500)?  The LG G3 hasn't been released yet and it's already known this phone will be Sprint's first tri-band phone. I certainly hope Sprint will not consider releasing the Note 3 and not be capable of running on all three bands.

The link of the LG-G2 confirms tri-band phone while the link to the Note 3 does not. Or maybe it does, please correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/LG-G2_id7969

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-III_id7984

55 REPLIES 55
Journeyman

What I don't understand is how there are two mid range Samsung devices that have passed through the FCC with triband capabilities (the Galaxy S4 Mini and the Galaxy Mega).

Why is Sprint/Samsung giving the flagship phone (Galaxy Note 3) only 1900mhz LTE? Surely it would have been easier to fit all three bands in this phone compared to the GS4 Mini.

The Galaxy Note 3 was praised at launch for being able to fit 6 different LTE bands on board. Its embarrassing for Sprint to only have 1 LTE band.

Journeyman

it makes zero sense that they would release a flagship phone such as the Note3 as single band LTE.  i also find it EXTREMELY odd that sprint has not yet officially announced the phone for a release date or preorder.  So, until something is OFFICIAL i would say to chill for the time being.

Journeyman

"It's like blaming Sprint that the iPhone doesn't have a bigger screen."

The radio bands that go into the phone are decided by sprint not samsung. It may be a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 but its also the Sprint variant. They have total control of what radio bands that go into the phone as they are the contractor and Samsung makes the phone to run on their network. Have you ever seen how phones can vary in design or even internals as to what network they are on that is the contractors decision and not the manufacturer. For instance the lg g2 the Verizon variant has completely different volume rocker and power buttons and its older model the optimus g has a 8mp camera on AT&T but a 13mp for sprint and international versions. Also how most phones have sd card slots in their international versions but don't in their U.S counterparts. Sprint had full control to put LTE bands 25,26,and 41 in the phone but they chose not 2 probably because it would have cost more so they didn't, they managed to make the samsung galaxy mega triband and that phone was released internationally in June and on AT&T in August and Sprint had the ability to make that tri-band. AT&T and Verizon found a way to make their variants have multiple LTE bands but Sprint couldn't because you say Samsung wouldn't let them , that is a load of B.S. Its about money Sprint didn't want to dish out the money to put multiple LTE bands in their device. Lets go back all the way to the first galaxy s or epic 4g that had a slide out qwerty keyboard in sprint's version but didn't in any of the others. Also of course sprint is going to say its apple or samsung's fault do you think they are actually going to own up to their mistakes don't be so gullible

Journeyman

I am still upset with Sprint when it comes to my Galaxy Note 2, I have had this phone since it's release date and still do not have the LTE in my area, I have yet to be able to use my 4G....when it does come on the signal is so weak that it doesn't make any sense to use it.  I am very dissapointed, when I got the phone the rep boast and bragged about how fast the phone was.....it has been almost 2 years and I have yet to witness that.  I really want the Note 3 but it will not be with Sprint if they don't get the network issues together, I will be switching to Tmobile as soon as I get word  on if the phone is a Tri band or not.  Sorry Sprint, it has been a long 14 years! 

Oh and not to mention still no release date, idk why I thought that Sprint was one of the most advanced and biggest networks out here.

Journeyman

I heard from an inside source at Sprint that the release date will be October 11th and that the Galaxy Note 3 WILL BE TRI-BAND. So stop freaking out people and don't post information based purely on speculation.

Journeyman
Journeyman

I would not call reading documents filed with the FCC  to be purely "speculation".

Now maybe the Samsung N900P isn't the Sprint version of the Galaxy Note 3. But one thing is certain -- whatever Sprint sells will need FCC approval, and that takes some time. So if there really is a tri-band Note 3 coming, something has to have been, or will shortly need to be filed with the FCC showing those bands.

Journeyman

I agree, but the person at sprint I spoke with said it definitely will be tri-band, she said that's what the specs on her screen said, I got her name too just to tell if she was bs'ing me or not (honestly I don't believe they would throw old technology onto this monster of a machine, tri-band is something they are trying to separate themselves with and they just closed a deal with costco to sell their products in house, so all is looking up)

I do agree though that everything we have heard is 3rd party so no proof is available, I just thought I'd share whatever information I have. So until we see the numbers or phone for ourselves, I guess we could say it's ALL speculation.

Journeyman

My source works in sprint corporate.  He said it's single band and no release date confirmed.  Most likely pre order will start in 2-3 weeks.

Journeyman

Possible they are offering both: "SM-N9005"  vs "SM-N900"?

Journeyman

From the samsung website:

Network

2.5G (GSM / GPRS / EDGE) : 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz

3G (HSPA+ 42Mbps) : 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz

4G (LTE Cat 4 150 /50Mbps) : up to 6 different band sets (Dependent on market)

The phone is fully capable... This is totally on sprint whether they communicated the NEED for tri-band. My 10-year+ loyalty to sprint now solely lies on the release of this phone. Sprint continues to promise upgrades and no matter where i go i still have the same shitty slow sprint service. My gf is with t-mobile and i frequently just have to use her phone.

The only thing that has been keeping me here is the $40 SERO plan.

Journeyman

The Sprint variant is a world phone as such they couldn't make it tri-band. If they had chosen not to make it a world phone, they could have made it tri-band.

Unless there is a chance they are going to have two variants available, but I don't see that happening. There is a sprint compatible variant that is tri-band but its not destined for sprint.

Journeyman

Only Single band LTE and they're going to charge $350 for it?

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat