Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I update to KITKAT?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Should I update to KITKAT?

I am hearing alot of scary stories about updating to kitkat, what does the community think should i wait until i hear about some fixes or should i update my new phone?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Master

Re: Should I update to KITKAT?

Ovara,

Thank you for the inquiry. With any new updates there may be glitches. If you would like to wait it out you are more than welcome to.

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Short answer: No

Long answer: google "should i upgrade my galaxy note 3 to kitkat"

I almost never update the rom until its been like a year after the phone was released, all updates seem to mess something up and cause additional issues. there might be 1 oh cool features that get added but they are coupled with tons of "why the heck did i upgrade" remorse.

Highlighted
Patron

It killed my note 3...just recovery boots over and over and over....

Highlighted
Master

TristenDean,

I'm sorry to hear that. Take it to a repair location to get look at. Here is a link to find one close to you: www.sprint.com/storelocator.

Thank you,
*Paida.
Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat