cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Note 3 Doesn't support tri-band. Will you still get it?

GrandMaster

Re: Sprint Note 3 Doesn't support tri-band. Will you still get it?

Yeah noticed that after I posted that but forgot to go back in and fix it lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I was ahead of the curve for Wireless-AC.  I got the Wireless-AC router, had to wait for the Intel Wireless-AC card to be released and then had to wait for Intel to release drivers for the card.  It was a lot of stress for nothing.  I just got caught-up in the tech arms race of wanting the fastest, hottest, best.

Sprint is rolling-out the triband technology.  New phones are being developed and introduced to the market.  The idea that companies are not developing products for triband is hard to believe.  Even before any announcement of any product, these companies are trying to stay not just on the curve but ahead of it.  Most of the arguments and fears posted here will not be issues after a few months.  You can either wait for the triband technology to be implemented or you can upgrade to a new device now.  We're talking about an industry that outdates its technology in less than 2 years.  In less than 2 years I'll be drooling over what another phone can do.  I'll be waiting to upgrade.  I might even buy out my contract to upgrade to whatever new thing I can't live without before the 2 years is up.

It's crazy to see some of the posts that have the finality that only two triband phones are being released, that the technology is in place and implemented, and if I get the phone now--it will all be up and running.  This is just like when I got my new Wireless-AC router.  I had the router, but I didn't have anything to use the extra frequencies.  I could have waited.  If I get a triband phone and Sprint has yet to turn on the triband technology in my area, then the triband phone won't be a triband phone.  Then I'll get to complain on yet another discussion board about how bad it is that Sprint sold me a triband phone and I can't use all the bands.  Waah.

If you don't think a version of the Note isn't going to be released with the triband technology, then I don't know what to tell you.  I agree that FCC filings are a good source for new technologies, but they only indicate what a company has filed.  It's not a crystal ball.  It cannot predict what a company will file in the future.  If Sprint's right, triband LTE will be their standard.  Manufacturers will jump on the band wagon.  They'll dominate the market.

(I personally have a problem with calls not getting through and dropped calls.  Sprint believes it's a problem with a transmitting tower that I use 60% of the time.  They ran a remote diagnosis and have told me that it's not working at full power.  I don't know.  If they can't get if fixed, I'll have to move to another carrier because I can't run my business without my phone.  I like Sprint and have selected them for their customer service and nationwide coverage so I really do hope that they can fix this problem.)

And if they can get if fixed, I'll probably get the Note 3 without the triband.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i really want to upgrade my note2 and get the note3, but unfortunately i am more concerned about network connectivity and a possibility of higher speed rather than a great phone.

if nexus 5 comes with tri-band, that'll be my next phone.

Wizard

TerencePark,

Thanks for the post. The next device that will have Tri Band is the LG G2.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

And after that the HTC One Max.

HTC One max Overview | HTC Smartphones | HTC, USA

Journeyman

i undersatand G2 is. but i've been reading confirmation that Nexus 5 is also coming to Sprint? so are you telling me that Nexus 5 is NOT going to be tri-band? or are you just saying G2 will be the next one?

GrandMaster

the G2 is the only one that has been publicly announced so far by sprint..the nexus 5 will more than likely come to sprint..but they can not say anything about it until its been publicly announced..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Just so I am clear Sprint releases the Note 3 label it as a flagship device, but only make it a single band phone.  Then Sprint says it is going to begin Sprint Spark which is a program that utilizes three bands and chooses the best band at the moment to give your phone the best signal, and the kicker is Spark will be available only on Spark capable phones. So what that sounds like is Sprint released the Note 3 knowing it had a tri-band program in the works, and once the spark program begins, Sprint will release a Spark branded tri band Note 3, meaning owners of the previous note 3 will either have to buy a new note or continue to get super crappy signal and data.  Does that about sum it up?

Journeyman

I still haven't found any answer as to why the Note 3 was not released with triband capabilities. The Verizon Note 3 was dual band 700/AWS, but the Sprint Note 3 only supports 1 LTE band? Even the new iphones are dual band 1900/800, and Apple is usually about a year behind on stuff like this.

Journeyman

I've stated that I would get the phone without the triband.  And this phone has so many flashy features that I was going to do it, but I've also had a wait and see approach.  Now that I've read reviews, I'm not too happy about the "garbled, popping or morphed" phone calls.  This could be a digital signal issue (with the popping) or it could be a problem with the phone.  I don't know.  I have to test it myself to see if it has clarity issues.  The thing that these reports didn't say was if this problem was related to proximity to the cell towers--if the problem got worse once the bars dropped to 0.  Some claimed that this was a problem with all Samsung phones.  That claim sounds more like corporate sabotage than reporting an actual issue so I won't give it much weight--I know that the calls on the Galaxy S4 are clear and don't have that problem.  If, however, it is related to the signal strength, the triband could resolve this issue.

I'm so overloaded with information right now, that I don't know what to think.  I'll just have to get my hands on the phone, test it, go with the trial period and decide if it's right for me.  I really wish there was some type of trial where I could take it to known dead spots for a couple of hours to test it.  That would really solidify my decision.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.