cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Things I am finding useful with the Galaxy Note III

Wizard

GN3.PNG

I've had the Galaxy NoteIII for a few weeks now and here is a quick list of some features I'm finding to be very useful:

Incoming call notifications - I like that you can configure a small window popup when receiving a phone call, this way if you are in the middle of working on something it doesn't jump screens on you. To set this up:

Settings>Device>Call - then check "incoming call notifications"

Air Command - I really like the action memo. I'm not sure about you all but when adding contacts to my device if I'm with that person I hand them my phone and let them put their own info it.

Pretty cool to hand them the S-Pen and let them handwrite their own info then use the "link to action" option and add them as contacts

Scout App -  This is available on any Android device and though I prefer to use Google Nav for actual Navigation I love that Scout can scan the area and help me find what I'm looking for.

For example: this morning I needed to get gas and launched the Scout app and selected "gas" the app then searched the area and helped me find the closest gas station with the cheapest gas.

The one gas station I stopped at was 10 cents cheaper than the first place I drove by and it was only 2 miles down the road. I'm looking forward to using Scout when my wife and I head to the mountains this weekend.

DLNA (aka Nearby devices) - I've used this at home to show pictures or videos of vacations / trips and could allow some to view the videos in one room while some are able to view photo's in another. All with the same device and not

having to download anything or connect to a computer.

Dialer.pngScreenshot_2013-10-16-11-04-34.pngScout.png

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.