cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Disappointed!

Journeyman ZDW
Journeyman

Very Disappointed!

I had the galaxy note 2 and absolutely loved that phone. So as soon as I could upgrade I purchased the Note 3. First of all I was disappointed that Sprint was selling the phone at at least 50 bucks more than everyone else. Second, I purchased my phone on November 16 and immediately noticed that it was dropping calls left and right and I was getting a repeated unstable Internet connection message. I returned the phone on November 27 (the day before Thanksgiving) and got a new one. Again the phone repeatedly dropped calls. On November 30th I went back to the store and was told that they would have to order me a refurbished phone because I was on the 15th day of purchase-it was then that i was told that the 14 days start the day of activation (the first day is actually counted as a whole day) and the 14 days do not start over even if you have to swap out phones and activate a new device. So my options are to be stuck with a broke phone or get a refurbished phone (even though I just paid 350.00 15 days ago) and even then there is no guarantee that the phone won't have the same issues. How dare Samsung and Sprint continue to sale phones that they had been made aware had known issues (I'm seeing reports of this issue dating back to the beginning of October)! I'm considering contacting the attorney general.

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Very Disappointed!

Sprint is full of it. I had a galaxy s3 for a year in a half. Maybe had 2 calls drop period. Got this Note 3 a few days before christmas and the first call i made was dropped 5 times. I continuous have this issue and it is unacceptable. I call sprint today and of course they tell me to go to a store to see a tech. The tech tells me sprint knows about this issue and there should be an update released in a few wks. Obviously this issie has been ongoing for months and sprint & samsung have done nothing to fix it but yet they still sell this phn to customers talking about how great it is. BULL!

Master

PatrickE70,

Thanks for the post. Sorry to hear you’re having so many issues with your new device. I know people that have the note 3 and don’t have any issues with it. I can’t say this is across the board regarding this issue. I can look into your area for you if you supply a zip and cross st for your area. Have you gotten in touch with Samsung about this; the manufacturer should have some info regarding this if it’s been deemed a device known issue.

Victor
Sprint Social Care

Journeyman ZDW
Journeyman

So they switched my phone out for the 3rd time and the first call I made dropped 3 times back to back!!!!@!

Master

ZDW,

Thanks for posting and I apologize for the delayed response.  It sounds like this is more of a network issue than a device issue.  I would like to check the towers in your area.  Can you please provide me with your zip code and closest major cross streets?  There could be a tower issue that hasn't been reported yet or there may be some towers upgrades in process.  We will get to the bottom of this. 

Thank you,

Nicole

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman ZDW
Journeyman

This is crazy!  I've gotten another phone and it is still dropping calls.  It happens everywhere I go!  I live in Waterloo, Iowa 50701  and travel often to Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613.  Are you saying that the entire area is messed up?  And if so why am I not receiving some kind of credit for having to deal with this problem?

Master

ZDW

The entire area is not messed up; however there is work that needs to be done. It appears the area will be undergoing upgrades within the next upcoming weeks. Service will get better, and you will see a vast improvement in the quality of your service. 

Please bear with us as we work to alleviate the issues. 

Zena

Social Care Team

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat