cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice feature on the keyboard.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Voice feature on the keyboard.

I gotta ask being a long time Sprint customer.... What happened to the voice feature on the keyboard ? Samsung support says it was Sprint that removed the feature. I used it often on my S3 and Note 2.

SAM_0428.JPG

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Master

Re: Voice feature on the keyboard.

Just-Yankees, 

Thank you for posting and reaching out to us in regards to this matter. Do you have the Samsung keyboard active on the device or are you using a different downloaded keyboard? Please let me know. 

Charles G. 

Sprint Social Care Team 

Journeyman

Using the original Samsung keyboard that came with the phone.

Journeyman

Good evening,

I don't know if it matters. I also have the note 3 but I have the talk icon on the keyboard. I am using the Samsung swipe keyboard, one of the default keyboards that comes with the phone. Also I have it on normal layout, not mini or one handed.

Master

Just-Yankees,

Thanks for the post. I understand how loosing a frequently used feature can be frustrating. Are you experiencing this issue while searching the device or google or while texting. If an issue while searching the voice search indicator is located in the search bar.

Sean L

Social Care

Master

sprintcust8729

Thanks for letting us know. So you also have the Note 3 and the feature is showing on your device correct? If you use the keyboard without the swipe feature do you still see the voice icon in the normal layout? Please let me know.

Roxana

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

FOUND IT IN THE KEYBOARD SETTINGS....

Journeyman

@sprintcare Roxana

Good Morning,

Using either keyboard - samsung default or swype keyboard, I have the microphone button for voice feature.

Master

sprintcust8729

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me with that information. This helps us determine if this is an issue that only one person may have vs multiple subscribers. It is much appreciated!

Roxana

Sprint Social Care

Master

Just-Yankees,

Thanks for the post. Glad to hear you were able to get the option back. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat