cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is the Note 3 going to get Kit Kat 4.4?

Journeyman

When is the Note 3 going to get Kit Kat 4.4?

Every one else is getting Kit Kat, what takes Sprint so long?

38 REPLIES
Master

Re: When is the Note 3 going to get Kit Kat 4.4?

TAZZKNIFE1,

Thanks for the post. Sorry to hear you so frustrated with this. Sprint has not gotten any word on the new update. You can stay on top of the latest news and releases by checking out this link. www.sprrint.com/newsroom

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I'm confused, you have kit kat on other phones in the sprint line, so what 'word' is Sprint waiting for? All the other carriers have rolled out KK 4.0 to their Note III's, so not sure what the hold up is. Can you explain this further, or is this just more Sprint garbage canned answers?

Journeyman

I'm assuming you meant 4.4? 4.0 has been out for quite a while now, and the Note 3 even shipped with 4.3.

Also, just because other Sprint phones are already running 4.4 means absolutely nothing,  other than that/those manufacturer/s beat Samsung to the update. Your statement is like saying that Chevy has 2015 models out, so Ford should too. Each manufacturer is different and releases their updates differently. That's why buying a Nexus device is good if you like having the latest version of Android before otherso  (The following is not the case, this is just for example purposes: HTC could send 4.4 to Sprint 8 months before Samsung sends it, so Sprint's Samsung devices would be at least 8 months behind HTC's). Samsung has to send the 4.4 update to Sprint before Sprint can go through it, add their normal bloatware, and then begin pushing it out in OTA updates.

Journeyman

You're absolutely right! Your stupidity in not knowing the difference between 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and 4.4 Kit Kat makes me a troll, genius! You took the time to reply to my message, so it obviously wasn't irrelevant to you, like you claim! Hahaha

Journeyman

Also, just because Samsung has already sent 4.4 to other carriers does NOT mean that they've sent it to Sprint, good try though...

Journeyman

Lol, you won't reply anymore, why are even still replying at this point!? If it's not worth your time, THEN STOP WASTING IT! You're contradicting yourself by saying "Duh" that Sprint doesn't necessarily have 4.4 for the Note 3 just because other carriers do, but in your original post you said that was your argument (FACEPLAM).

Oh, and thanks so much for stooping to my level, haha. Since you've been calling me childish names since your first reply, it makes it pretty obvious that you're a kid on your parents contract. Be sure to tell Mommy an Daddy thanks for your Note 3 when they're tucking you in to bed tonight. You kids these days have it too good! When you grow up in a few years, you'll look back on this and realize how immature you were acting.

Anyway, thanks for the laughs kiddo!

Journeyman

Victor, you still didn't answer the question. Where is our 4.4 update? Do you really work for Sprint? If so, you might want to spell the company name correctly when you post hyperlinks.

Journeyman

No carrier in the U.S. has rolled out the Kit Kat update yet. Google it first so you can get your facts straight before making stupid comments.

Journeyman

SPRINT NEVER fixes a date for its updates to ANY phone!  In this way, they don't have to live-up-to any dates.  If they were so technical and responsive as they claim, we would have a schedule of software release dates for the entire year !

Journeyman

The Note 3 is horrible in the chicagoland area, lots of drop calls lately, we need an update fast!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just got the kitkat update on my note 3 on feb 20th at around 2am cst. My brother had to manually check for updates for his to appear, but Sprint seems to be the first to release it on the note 3. I just hope this update fixes most of the old problems with this phone and wont be too glitchy or create any new major problems. I surprised there wasn't any notice posted on the forums. They're usually pretty quick with that.

tempFileForShare.jpg

Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!