cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is the Note 3 going to get Kit Kat 4.4?

Journeyman

Re: When is the Note 3 going to get Kit Kat 4.4?

The Note 3 is horrible in the chicagoland area, lots of drop calls lately, we need an update fast!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just got the kitkat update on my note 3 on feb 20th at around 2am cst. My brother had to manually check for updates for his to appear, but Sprint seems to be the first to release it on the note 3. I just hope this update fixes most of the old problems with this phone and wont be too glitchy or create any new major problems. I surprised there wasn't any notice posted on the forums. They're usually pretty quick with that.

tempFileForShare.jpg

Wizard

As LouJiang just said, the KitKat update is rolling out now.  Try a manual check for updates in settings.  That's what I did, and I the update was available for me.  My big questions about this:  (1) does it fix the flaky WiFi connection issue, and (2) does it fix the erroneous KNOX notification issue?  I hope so, but we might need to wait for an official Sprint announcement, since I didn't see anything about those points specifically in the update notes displayed to me.  They may fall under carrier-specific fixes though, so Sprint, can you offer more info?  Thanks.

Journeyman

Got it this morning, big download of 503mb so make sure the phone is fully charged and you have wifi! I can't see any difference at this time but as I head out this morning to a starbucks I will know if there is still an erratic wifi going on...

Journeyman

Update, so there is no difference with the wifi, I still have the same issue that I did before with it saying low signal etc. Not much else that is note (no pun intended) worthy as yet...

Master

JS82G7 Thanks for your feedback. If you search our forums/community, Kit-Kat has been pushed to other devices already. Kit-kat is going to continue to push for other devices as well. *David S Sprint Social Care

Wizard

Agreed -- the unstable WiFi issue appears to remain, because it hit my phone a couple of times last night.  Very disappointing, because it's been known about for months and I expected the next update we received to fix it.  Assuming the prevention notification issue really is gone, this flaky WiFi thing is, I think, the only real problem remaining to be fixed.  I hope they get on this and push out a fix for it sooner rather than later.

As for KitKat itself, I haven't noticed any major changes, either positive or negative.  Only having it for ~2 days, it's hard to know if anything I see that looks odd is really because of KitKat or just some fluke not related to the update.  For example, this morning my battery drained ~20% or so in only ~2.5 hours, which is rather fast especially considering I wasn't doing much with the phone, but yesterday it seemed to drain at the usual rate of a few percent an hour.  I'm recharging now, but if I left it, would the drain rate have slowed to the usual average?  Is KitKat draining my battery faster now?  Its hard to know for sure.  I certainly hope not though, because it would stink to have to go back to recharging my phone every afternoon just to make sure it lasts through the day.

Master

RickeeBoy:

Updates are pushed in waves or stages to keep services from getting bogged down.  We do not have advanced notice as to when they will start getting pushed, thusly, it is not possible to provide a timeline.  In the case of the Note 3 and KitKat the updated started getting pushed last week.  

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team 

Master

coolmac23,

Hi there. I am sorry to see that you are having issues. I would be happy to help with this! May I have your cross streets and zip code? I'd like to take a look into the towers. Let me know, I am here for you. 

*Andi R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

LouJiang,

Thanks for posting. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you,

*Paida.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.