cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my note 3 making crackly/static noises when I am on the phone?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why is my note 3 making crackly/static noises when I am on the phone?

I'm on my second phone and it's doing the same thing. The lady at the sprint store had no clue. I don't want to return my phone because everything else works so great. I'm assuming it's a bug. Please fix this problem sprint

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Journeyman

I want a galaxy note 3 but your issue has given me serious pause.  Could you try something that is saw on another site?  This is the information:

I can tell you exactly how to fix it: From the phone dialer options go to "Call Settings" (left menu key), Then to "Answering/Ending Calls" and make sure the box for "Voice control" remains unchecked (no green check mark). This will absolutely cure the problem until Samsung comes out with a fix for this feature.

Please let me know if this corrects your problem.  If it does I would reconsider buying this phone. 

C.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Your problem is a known issue and has been addressed at this thread:

https://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/135660

Sounds like an update will be available next Monday (10/28) from Samsung.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine has been "unchecked" since first set up phone, and still have the issue.   Phone is so incredible that I decided to keep until there is a fix... Hopefully soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for responding...that's disheartening.  But I hope you will let me know if the rumored update on 28th Monday fixes the issue.  I'm due for an update on 1st December.  Have a good day.

Highlighted
Wizard

missb3auty,

Thank you for your message. I would like to double check your towers and make sure that they are not contributing to the issues that you are having. Can I please have your zip code and cross streets?

Thank you

*Stephanie

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why phone is working better still a little crackly but not as major. I just read there is an update coming out for it. This phone is by far the best phone. You should definitely get this phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Beacon new York 12508. Church street

Highlighted
Journeyman

its happening from cali to boston. Its not the towers but the phone itself. I hope theres a fix by tuesday or i'm returning it

Highlighted
Wizard

missb3auty,

Thank you for the zip code. Can you please tell me what the street is that intersects with Church street? This way I can look at the correct tower.

Thank you

*Stephanie

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat