cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why was the Galaxy Note 3 post by a Sprint "ambassador" removed?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why was the Galaxy Note 3 post by a Sprint "ambassador" removed?

Yesterday there was a discussion thread regarding the Galaxy Note 3 that was started by someone identifying themselves as a Sprint "ambassador".  He asked us to discuss what was happening with our Galaxy Note 3's.  I (and others) made posts to this thread but it is now missing.  Part of my post was a call to action for current users asking for them to insist that Sprint give us a decision on whether or not the 14 day return policy will be extended for those trying to work with Sprint as the problem is being resolved.  Many of us purchased the phone on 10/04/2013 so we have less than a week remaining.

I am sorry that I cannot give you the name of the Sprint person who originated the thread as my response to him no longer exists.  Why was the post removed?

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Master

Well, you are lucky they didn't suspend your account. They did with me because I simply stated to call Sprint at a certain date and let our voice be heard. That was consider against the forum agreement.

As far as your concern, I don't think they will bend the 14 day rule, the reason is that if they do it for Note3 users, they have to do it for everyone.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I bet because if they can't fix our phones they don't want to ever acknowledge that they even knew about it.

In any case I kept a history of it because worst case scenario I will file a claim with my credit card company.

The credit card company will then fight the charges with Sprint. This is way better than me trying to get anything done with them.

Considering the charges for the two phones w/o activation fees were over $800, I'm sure my credit card company won't let it go without a fight.

Here is the link to prove that Sprint did indeed have a page up.

https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/samsung/samsung-gala...

I would advise everyone to keep that in their records as well.

Highlighted
Wizard

Joichi2,

Thanks for the info. I am unsure as to why/if your posts were removed. If you do go past your 14 days, you do have the ability to contact the manufacturer to see if they have any info. I would advise doing that before the 14 day period is up. The manufacturer offers a 1 year warranty for issues similar to this one.

Sean L

Social Care

Highlighted
GrandMaster

are you positive someone from sprint deleted it and the OP didnt get rid of it themselves?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sean,

Thanks for the reply.

It was not only my comments but those comments of other dissatisfied customers that went missing.  We obviously didn't all delete our posts.

The disturbing thing was that a Sprint Ambassador opened a line of communication with us so that more information could be shared that would hopefully lead to a faster resolution of this problem.  It is most disheartening to see this thread removed (let's face it...it had to have been done by whoever manages this forum).  Since there are other posts here generated by customers describing their problems and they still exist...I can only assume that at the time someone didn't want to have a thread here where a Sprint representative admitted there was a problem.

I do appreciate your efforts Sean.  When there is a widespread problem you will many times see that people will band together in an effort to help fix the problem as long as information is being provided to them.  Many of us responded to Shannon's messages and gave detailed descriptions of our problems.  We even went the extra mile to try different things and to report the results so there would be more information available to Sprint to aid in developing corrective actions.

The one thing that is universal is that in the absence of information people tend to imagine situations that can be far worse than reality.  Including them in the process of working toward a solution is the best way to retain customers when a problem has been identified.

In the absence of any plan from Sprint for the resolution of this issue, I cannot go past my 14 day period and count on a Samsung warranty.  I will have to return my phone by the 17th so I can get a refund of purchase price, activation fee, have my upgrade reset and also revert back to my old month to month contract so I have the flexibility to choose the carrier whose complete package best fits my needs.

Highlighted
Master

May we know what the issue that you guys were talking was about?

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

DJ,

A Sprint representative opened a discussion about the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.  He received many responses about the terrible call sound quality.He then replied that "Sprint and Samsung are working together on the problem".  A little while after that...the entire thread was gone.

I can only speculate but it seems that at the time someone did not want any admission of the problem by a Sprint representative to be on a public forum.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

doubtful...to be honest it sounds more like the OP deleted the thread themselves..either they got the info that was needed or the topic was getting to go a bit out of hand and was shut down..usually if its the second one and was shut down by the moderator it would be locked and not completely deleted..which is why im leaning towards the OP getting rid of it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

This is very interesting.  I just got off the phone with the Sprint Call Center questioning the reviews I read on this website regarding the sound quality, and wanted to know if they were aware of the issue and had corrected it before I spent some $400 upgrading to this phone.  My first call mysteriously got disconnected.  I then called back and asked for an American Call Center and the Rep was very evasion and kept reiterating I had 14 days to return the phone if I was not happy with it.  Being a Sprint customer for some 10 years I was COMPLETELY aware of this policy, so as I explained to him, I felt as thought he was toying with my intelligence and dancing around my question.  At one point I asked him was he a new employee because he kept asking me the same questions I'd already given answers for, and it was becoming quite irrating.

He apologized and said he was "distracted".  This ALL making SO much sense now.  He said said I could speak with someone from the tech center and if there was a sound problem they would be able to addresss it with me prior to my purchase.  I was transferred and the Tech Rep denied knowing ANYTHING about this issue everyone is speaking of.  WOW!

I'm glad I read this post!!  There's def some CIA going on.  If a company knowingly continues to sell a defective product without notifying their customers in advance, they are setting themselves up for all types of legal ramifications.

I'm so disappointed right now!!!!!  THANK YOU ALL FOR ENLIGHTENING ALL OF US THAT WERE ABOUT TO PURCHASE THIS PHONE!

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is very interesting.  I just got off the phone with the Sprint Call Center questioning the reviews I read on this website regarding the sound quality, and wanted to know if they were aware of the issue and had corrected it before I spent some $400 upgrading to this phone.  My first call mysteriously got disconnected.  I then called back and asked for an American Call Center and the Rep was very evasion and kept reiterating I had 14 days to return the phone if I was not happy with it.  Being a Sprint customer for some 10 years I was COMPLETELY aware of this policy, so as I explained to him, I felt as thought he was toying with my intelligence and dancing around my question.  At one point I asked him was he a new employee because he kept asking me the same questions I'd already given answers for, and it was becoming quite irrating.

He apologized and said he was "distracted".  This ALL making SO much sense now.  He said said I could speak with someone from the tech center and if there was a sound problem they would be able to addresss it with me prior to my purchase.  I was transferred and the Tech Rep denied knowing ANYTHING about this issue everyone is speaking of.  WOW!

I'm glad I read this post!!  There's def some CIA going on.  If a company knowingly continues to sell a defective product without notifying their customers in advance, they are setting themselves up for all types of legal ramifications.

I'm so disappointed right now!!!!!  THANK YOU ALL FOR ENLIGHTENING ALL OF US THAT WERE ABOUT TO PURCHASE THIS PHONE!

Highlighted
Wizard

The community team made contact with the OP and understand the decision to remove the content was based on inexperience posting in the space.  The Sprint Ambassador program is new and while we’re learning how to get the most out of their participation – please adhere to community posting guidelines as it relates to commenting.

Thanks,

Eason

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat