cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling and no Gps lock since 4.4.4 update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wifi calling and no Gps lock since 4.4.4 update

Before I updated my Note 3 to 4.4.4 two weeks ago, my phone switched smoothly in and out of wifi calling as I moved between work and home. Since the update, I have to turn wifi calling off when out of range of a wifi signal to get a GPS lock in any app or to receive incoming calls. Was unable to get a gps lock at all until I did a cache partition wipe.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Master

MaxieRN

Thanks for posting. We're glad to hear that your device is working now. Please let us know if there are any other issues.

Anntenetta, Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

But it's not working. My phone continues to be unable to use gps accurately for apps such as Maps without repeated cache and partition clearing. I am no longer able to use WiFi calling without creating problems with other apps that use GPS. Hope Sprint and Samsung figure this out. I love my Note 3... the 4.4.4 upgrade has truly ruined this phone.

Highlighted
Master

MaxieRN

Thanks for letting us know. Have you tired to do a Master Reset to your device?

Anntenetta, Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

MaxieRN, is your phone still acting up? I haven't updated to 4.4.4 and was considering updating it because, I'm getting horrible reception and thinking updating it might help. Let me know please.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat