cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

4 Comments

kitkatgn3.jpg

image courtesy of sammoible.com

Hey everyone, just a quick blurb - Starting TODAY Sprint has ANOTHER first, we're releasing android 4.4 kitkat for the galaxynote3! As always, OTA updates are on a time release schedule. Usually the OTA release starts off slow and then picks up pace after a few days. Be patient.

via @BGR & @AndroidPolice

"In addition to Android 4.4 features, the Galaxy Note 3 update will also bring other features including music album art on the lock screen, a launcher selection in settings, a camera shortcut on lock screen, an improved user interface and stability and the removal of a prevention pop-up. Once updated, the Galaxy Note 3 with Sprint’s KitKat version on board should show firmware version N900PVPUCNAB."

Learn more here:

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_Samsung_Galax...

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles.

0 Comments

Let the Note 3 tell a story with your pictures! Tucked away in the factory created folder “Samsung” is an app called Story Album. The idea is simple, take a bunch of pictures and video from your gallery and make a digital story book out of them. It doesn’t matter if the photo is taken with the phone or downloaded from your social media albums.

The app has filters for pictures, different template designs and many other features to choose from. But by far my favorite is the suggested story albums. I attended a wedding not too long ago, and took tons of pictures and videos of the day and night’s festivities. Story Album realized these were all from the same event and created a “suggested album” for me using the different pictures and videos! Since all of the pictures and videos were taken with the Note 3, the quality was exceptional! I tweaked a few of the pictures in the suggested album, wrote some captions, and saved the digital memories to share with the newlyweds.

Story Album makes it easy to organize your photos into great digital albums, and if you are so inclined, purchase a photo book you’ve made directly from the app!

Story+Album.jpgSource: Google images

Thanks for reading! For more information on the Galaxy Note 3 visit: Samsung Galaxy Note 3

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles

2 Comments

Galaxy Gear

Samsung's smart watch just got a lot smarter

In tandem with a small firmware update a few days ago for the Samsung Galaxy Gear, an update to the Gear Manager app has enabled "real" notifications from any application to be read right on the Galaxy Gear itself. If you recall (if not see our review), the Gear shipped with one very big reason not to want to use it — for most applications the notification you received simply told you to check your phone.

Yeah, that sucked.

Having to take out your phone and open the notification sort of negated the advantage of having the notification sent to your wrist. It made the Gear something we just couldn't recommend anyone buy without a n update to address this.

Now that update is here. Without users having to install any sort of hack or third party programs, you can now see what you need to see, and it's all user-definable. We're going to have a look at how it all works, and hopefully update our review and recommendation of Samsung's smart watch.

To get the new update, open the Gear Manager app on your phone and you'll be directed to download the latest version from the Samsung app store.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint
employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They
volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to
the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these
devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect
the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE,
technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be
expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles

1 Comment

Google-Auto-Awesome.jpg

With Google's new introduction of Auto Awesome your photos will always look better with no effort. Google + users are getting a free benefit from having auto backup switched on for your photos to be uploaded and adjusted for the best result. This service still keeps the original photo in case you don't agree the change that Auto Awesome has made. Below is straight from Google's website on what exactly the service includes. I have also attached a few photos to my trip back home to Indiana of the amazing fall atmosphere. All of these photos were taken from my Galaxy Note III. This camera quality still amazes me every time.

Auto Awesome photos & movies

Auto Awesome creates fun new versions of your photos and videos. Your photos will be combined into short animations, wide panoramas, or merged into group shots where everyone looks good. You'll know when an Auto Awesome photo or movie has been created by the icon.

Auto Awesome photo effects

Eraser - If you take a sequence of 3 or more photos in front of a structure or landmark with movement in the background, Eraser will give you a photo with all the moving objects removed. It's helpful for those situations when you’re trying to get a great shot of a landmark or other crowded place, but want to avoid including all of the people in the background of your photo.

Action - Take a series of photos of someone moving (dancing, running, jumping) and Auto Awesome will merge them together into one action shot where you can see the full range of movements in a single image, capturing the movement in one captivating still.

Pano - If you've taken a series of photos with overlapping landscape views, Auto Awesome will stitch these photos together into a panoramic image.

HDR - High Dynamic Range is the process of taking multiple exposures of the same image. By merging these images together, your photos will achieve a greater range of shadows and light. Uploading three similar images at different exposures--low, medium, and high exposure--will create an HDR image for you.

Motion - If you've taken a series of photos in succession (at least 5), Auto Awesome will stitch these photos together into a short animation.

Smile - If you've taken a few group photos, Auto Awesome will choose the best shots of each person in your image and merge them into one great looking photo.

Mix - If you've taken a series of portraits sharing similar background elements, Auto Awesome will compile these photos together into a photobooth style grid. Mix is meant to showcase portrait photos taken with similar backgrounds in time, so it works best with close-ups of faces.

Auto Awesome movies

You can create Auto Awesome movies from the Google Photos app for Android, which are short films created automatically by editing together the videos and photos you capture around an experience. Choose the photos and videos you wish to make into an Auto Awesome movie, and let Google do the rest. You can change the theme, style, background music, or even remove, shorten, or re-order scenes. After your movie is created, you can choose to share or save it. Auto Awesome movies are currently only available for some devices running Android 4.3 and up, including the Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 10, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Moto X, and Moto DVX.

Turn Auto Awesome on or off

Auto Awesome is on by default. To re-enable or disable Auto Awesome:

Open Google+. Place your cursor in the top left corner for the Google+ main menu. Click Settings > uncheck the box next to "Create awesome new images from photos in your library."

20131110_145410.jpg20131110_145213.jpg

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles

0 Comments

I’m sure you have caught yourself daydreaming during an important meeting or while staring at your computer during a long workday. I find myself drifting off into “la la land” all too often, only to come back to reality right after the moment someone asks me an important question. Usually, it takes me a second to realize where I am, process what they said, and give a intelligent coherent response.

Thanks to the Jelly Bean OS, the Galaxy Note 3 has a similar feature included in its expansive list of impressive abilities. “Daydream” is like a screen saver for your phone that gives you the ability to view a pretty color display or photo collage style slideshow while your phone is charging but not in use. There are actually 6 different options to choose from under the feature’s settings including clocks and flipboard!

galaxy-daydream-screens.jpg
Photo Source: PocketNow

Of course, as is android’s style, the ability to customize and integrate third party apps into this feature gives it unlimited capabilities. On the Google Play Store, there are many apps that are able to enhance the daydream feature. Some of these include inspiring quotes or viewing snapshots of different websites or weather updates! Pocket Now has a great video demoing sine of the different apps available for “Daydream” here: http://pocketnow.com/2013/08/26/daydream-mode-android

Do you use the Daydream mode on your phone? To enable: Settings>Display>Daydream

Thanks for reading!

1 Comment

It has been a couple of weeks or so since I have carried the Note 3 and am very impressed with it so far. I was quite skeptical as to what they would change with the Note 3 when compared to its older brother the Note 2 but I can safely say I am surprised with their improvements. So here goes, my first impressions:

1. Screen - WOW! Although the images below will not do the comparison justice as there is no better way to be impressed with the screen besides seeing it in bright daylight. It is CLEAR & BRIGHT. Most phones this year are 1080p which is great but each model this year had some compromise on either how the colors were reproduced or with its brightness in day light. I can say no expense was spared to make this screen the best available on a mobile device today!

Note-3-vs-Note-II.jpg

2. S-Pen Improvements: Air command is the new way to work. Just pulling out the pen brings up air command. What is air command you say? You can consider it your Task Bar for the S-Pen. It gives you its 5 most commonly/popular features immediately. From left to right, you go: Action Memo, Scrap booker, Screen Write, S Finder & Pen Window. More in details with a later blog. One more improvement is that the S-Pen works on the menu/back touch buttons something that was a drag last year. Clicking the pen button on any empty space on the home screen brings up air command as well.

Samsung_Galaxy_Note_3-5533_620x465.jpg

3. Speed! This is self explanatory. All the lags from Note 2 are gone. Considering it has a 5.7" 1080p screen, that takes a lot of horse power to run the display. Those quad cores keep everything humming smoothly.

First-4-million-units-of-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-III-to-be-powered-by-Snapdragon-800-CPU.jpg

4. Finally the battery is a whopping 3200 mAH! Most days I struggle to decide whether I should charge it at night or not. Enough said.

I hope this sheds some insight on the new Note's abilities that ranks it one of the best Androids out there to date! Thanks!

0 Comments

One of the best features of Android is its level of customizability. You can change just about every aspect of your Android smartphone or tablet, including input method, to suit your personality, needs or style. SwiftKey is one of many soft keyboards in the Android Play store that just keeps getting better. SwiftKey, now with customizable size and layout, helps me make the most of Galaxy Note 3 screen and resolution.

logo.jpg

SwiftKey has stepped up the soft keyboard game with their recent update to version 4.3. With the latest update come some new and innovative features. SwiftKey offers a free version and a paid premium version. The update is free to those who have already paid once for the premium features.

Here are some of my favorite features of the new SwiftKey as used on my Galaxy Note 3. The SwiftKey layout is polished and smooth. It comes with myriad color themes to choose ranging from light to dark and all your favorite colors. With the fall season I decided to choose the “Pumpkin” theme.

You can enable SwiftKey “Flow” which allows you a ‘Swype-like’ experience with one distinct advantage; Along with tracing out the letters of each word, you can continue to ‘Flow’ down to the spacebar when you want to insert a space between words and keep on-a-Flow’ing. That means never having to raise your finger from the keyboard until you’re done writing. What’s best is that you can still use SwiftKey’s insanely smart word prediction along the top bar to minimize input time and effort.

Screenshot_2013-11-12-09-31-30_resized.png

With the Galaxy Note 3 there is plenty of screen real estate! Maybe it doesn’t make sense for the KB to be so large. With SwiftKey you can choose a smaller KB layout to better fit your hand and screen. Plus, the smaller KB helps with one-handed operation. If you have an Android tablet, resizing the SwiftKey KB is an awesome feature that really makes the KB much more usable.

Screenshot_2013-11-12-09-31-59_resized.png

Not only can you shrink the size of the KB to fit your needs, but you can also move it from left to right, depending on which hand you use to “Flow.”

Screenshot_2013-11-12-09-32-11_resized.png

With SwiftKey you’re KB is no longer locked to the bottom of the screen. Undock your KB and move it anywhere on the screen.

Screenshot_2013-11-12-09-32-50_resized.png

Prefer to type with your thumbs? SwiftKey has your thumb-wrestling game-plan. With Layouts for Living you can split your KB and move the split KB around where you see fit.

Screenshot_2013-11-12-09-33-43_resized.png

SwiftKey allows you to choose from five different Layout sizes. Small hands, big hands, one hand, two thumbs…SwiftKey has your KB layout.

Screenshot_2013-11-12-09-34-05_resized.png

A long-press of the number / setting key brings up the configuration menu. Here, you can change layout, size, dock placement, color theme and more. SwiftKey makes customizing your Android experience easy, fast and personal.

Screenshot_2013-11-12-09-34-25_resized.png

I use and recommend the SwiftKey soft keyboard. Plus, with cloud-sync, all my SwiftKey word and language style is kept in perfect sync across all my Android devices.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey

Below will be a full list of details and features from SwiftKey’s Android Play store page and their website.

SWIFTKEY - THE MIND-READING KEYBOARD

No.1 best-selling app in 58 Google Play countries, over 200,000 ***** reviews

“Shockingly accurate, making for a creepy-fast typing experience.” - TIME Magazine

SWIFTKEY MAKES TOUCHSCREEN TYPING FASTER, EASIER AND MORE PERSONALIZED

- SwiftKey takes the hard work out of touchscreen typing, replacing your phone or tablet’s keyboard with one that understands you.

- It provides the world’s most accurate autocorrect and next-word prediction in 60 languages.

- It connects seamlessly across all of your devices, with SwiftKey Cloud.

SMART & LEARNING

- SwiftKey predicts your next word before you’ve even pressed a key.

- It intelligently learns as you type, adapting to you and your way of writing.

- SwiftKey doesn’t just learn your popular words, it learns how you use them together.

SWIFTKEY CLOUD: CONNECTED & SEAMLESS ACROSS DEVICES

- Backup and Sync keeps your personal language insights seamlessly up to date across all your devices.

- Teach SwiftKey your writing style based on your language use from your Facebook, Gmail, Twitter, Yahoo, SMS and Blog.

- Your language model can be enhanced each morning with Trending Phrases based on current news and what’s hot on Twitter.

MULTI-LINGUAL

- Enable up to three languages at once.

- Naturally combine languages without having to change a setting.

- SwiftKey supports contextual prediction in 61 languages and counting.

See http://www.swiftkey.net/en/#features for full list of supported languages.

TAP OR FLOW YOUR WORDS

- Switch seamlessly between tapping and gesture-typing with SwiftKey Flow.

- SwiftKey Flow combines the mind-reading capabilities of SwiftKey with the speed and ease of gliding your fingers across the screen, with real-time predictions.

- Type entire sentences without lifting your finger from the screen, simply by sliding to the space bar between words.

MULTIPLE LAYOUTS

- Innovative keyboard layouts and modes for a better experience for all users across all screen sizes

- Full, Thumb and Compact layouts

- All three layouts can be resized and undocked to float

VIDEO TIPS & SUPPORT COMMUNITY

Visit our awesome website for tips, videos, support and much more: http://www.swiftkey.net/

PRIVACY

We take your privacy very seriously. This keyboard never learns from password fields. SwiftKey Cloud is an opt-in, secure, encrypted service and gives you full control over your data. Internet connection permission is required to install this app, so that language module files and cloud personalization data can be downloaded.

Our robust privacy policy explains and protects your rights and privacy. Read it in full at http://www.swiftkey.net/privacy

More from SwiftKey’s site:

http://www.swiftkey.net/en/#features

Check out SwiftKey ‘Flow’ and ‘Layouts for Living’ on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWmFFD12anU

Enjoy using your Galaxy Note 3 and SwiftKey keyboard.

credit: Android Play, SwiftKey, YouTube

Disclaimer: Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles.

0 Comments

I have always been truly impressed with people that can draw or create art, I just wish I had a fraction of the ability to draw a straight line let alone create something out of nothing.

As I was reading the internet this morning I came across a great article on AndroidCentral about Samsungs Pen.UP app:

The folks at Samsung love the S Pen on the Note series. If you've tried one, you can probably understand. It;s not a stylus, it an integral part of the device that can do some pretty wonderful things — including create some excellent digital art.

To showcase all this great work, Samsung has set up a unique social network that features original work from people just like you and me. Open to folks with a Note 10.1, Note 8, Note 3, Note 2, Galaxy S4 andGalaxy S3, Pen.Up is a lot like Instagram for the pictures you draw instead of the pictures you take with a camera. It's a great idea, and it's filled with some of the best artwork from creative Android users you'll find anywhere.

It's also feature-rich. You can follow people, comment on their posts, even favorite their work to show how much you like it. Of course, they can do the same to you. Hashtags are supported (which is going to be important right very shortly — stay tuned) to make for easy sorting and searching, and built-in categories let you find just the sort of thing you're looking for. Submitting your own content is easy, but even if you're not artistic it's still a great place to find some really cool pictures.

I'm just getting settled into Pen.UP (we've been a little busy here at AC the past few weeks), but I'm really liking what I see. This is something I'll stay interested in, both by just looking as well as posting my own drawings from time to time.

I'll see you there, look for gbhil!

Here are some great photos that I liked within the app:

Screenshot_2013-11-12-08-03-54.pngScreenshot_2013-11-12-08-13-42.png

Screenshot_2013-11-12-08-14-37.png

Any artist reading this, I'd love to see your work!

0 Comments

Galaxy Gear.PNG

Youtube Source

I've been waiting for a video like this. The Galaxy Gear has an IP rating of 55 (aka IP55), info taken from Wiki, and while I don't have the guts to run it under water I am glad to see that it holds up pretty well, I still wouldn't shower or swim with it but it's nice to see that it does hold up pretty well. I am surprised that it doesn't have a higher water proofing and designed to be immersible. I am a watch guy and have to have one on 24/7/365 it's hard to break a habit of taking my watch off to get in the water or shower but hopefully the next version of the Galaxy Gear will resolve that.

Solid particle protection

The first digit indicates the level of protection that the enclosure provides against access to hazardous parts (e.g., electrical conductors, moving parts) and the ingress of solid foreign objects.

IP55.PNG

Liquid ingress protection

The second digit indicates the level of protection that the enclosure provides against harmful ingress of water.

IP55w.PNG

IP55 Diagram.png

0 Comments

Trout Lake NC.PNG

I had the pleasure of going back to North Carolina this last week and was blown away that fall, up north, is so colorful. I'm a born and raised Floridian and we don't get to see may changes in colors from summer (aka summer) to summer (aka fall).

I was pretty excited for this trip for multiple reasons and one of them was that I had the pleasure having both the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and the LG G2. Both devices run pretty similar in hardware specs and both have a 13MP camera

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and LG G2 specs

Specs.PNG

As we were hiking I looked like the stereotypical tourist who had to stop every few mins and take some pictures with more than one camera. Here are a few of the photos I took with both devices.

Galaxy Note 3.PNGLGG2.PNG

Looking Glass Rock N3.PNGLooking Glass Rock G2.PNG

Meadow N3.PNGMeadow G2.PNG

Shoe Colors GN3.PNGShoe Colors G2.PNG

Overall I am really happy with both devices and camera's, both take exceptional photo's. Personally, I think the Note 3 just slightly edged out the G2. I set both devices to their respective "Normal" setting. (Galaxy Note 3 is Auto and the G2 is Normal). I chose

not to use the HDR option as I wanted to see the "out of the box" camera settings and most people I know that would like either one of these devices don't usually change the camera settings they just use it how it comes.  IMO, the N3 is a little more accurate in color

representation, as you can see see from the image of the shoes the G2 has a slight reddish hue to it (as see in the wooden wall), At the end of the day these devices are running pretty close together in terms of hardware specs and given that Samsung

and LG are both going to have their internal differences they are both great devices for capturing those special moments whether you are in the mountains, family functions, or sporting event! These devices do deliver.

0 Comments

Hey there! I just wanted to quickly share two of my favorite features I’ve discovered on the amazing Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Voice Wake-Up, and Quick Glance. Both of these features I found by searching through the phone’s settings menu and playing around with the different toggles.

Voice Wake-up makes me feel like I have a true personal assistant always listening to me. While the screen is off, I can simply say “Hi Galaxy” and S-Voice pops up ready to do my bidding. This makes it extremely easy to open apps, play music, send a text, and so much more without touching my phone. Akin to the Moto X’s “OK Google Now” functionality, the Voice wake-up command allows you to control your device by simply talking to your phone.

Although a feature I apparently turned on, quick glance air command was discovered by complete accident. One day, I reached across my device to grab my drink, and my screen turned on. The wallpaper, lighting and notification setup was something I had never seen before. Just as fast as it lit up my screen, it faded away. I sure if I had done something to prompt this weird screen. Finally, after a bit of time on the google machine, I found I had induced the "Quick Glance" feature with a wave of my hand. Like magic, I was able to see the number of messages, missed calls and battery percentage remaining for about 5 seconds before it went away. Almost instantly, it became one of the most used features for me on the Note 3. Like a Jedi silently asking my phone for an update on notifications, I wave my hand slowly over the proximity sensor on the front of the screen and voila! My screen lights up with the information I’m looking for. Here’s an example of what the quick glance screen looks like:

Quck-Glance-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-III.jpg

Here is how to enable these two features:

Voice Wake-Up = Open SVoice app from the app drawer(or double press the home button)>Press the menu button>press "Settings">scroll down to "Wake-Up command" and "Voice wake-up">ensure both features are turned on.

Quick Glance = Settings>Controls Menu>Air Command

0 Comments

galaxy-note-3-black-leather-back.jpg

The one and only complaint that I hear from the internet is the Galaxy Note line is just to big. Some people argue, you can't reach across the screen with one hand. Samsung has you covered with it's one handed software function. They call it one-handed operation. I have been using it since day one for the dialer and the lock-screen. A great demo of this is shown below from androidauthority.com. The video shows you what all it can do. The screen size took a day or two to get used too for myself. Once you get a note you really don't want to go any smaller. Every other phone I mess with feels so small in comparison and is much harder to type on because of a cramped keyboard. Typing and consuming content on this beautiful 1080p screen is the best on the Market hands down.

first image via phandroid.com

“The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.”

2 Comments

Galaxy Gear.PNG

Yesterday I had to take my wife to a Dr. appointment and when we were leaving we were talking to one of the nurses and she knows that I usually have all the new devices that Sprint has so she asked me what I had this time.
I showed her the Galaxy Note 3 and then I took my Galaxy Gear off and showed that to her. I gotta say the reactions across the board when people get to see the Galaxy Gear are nothing but positive. My Galaxy Gear made it's way around

the Dr. office, I was even asked if I could wait until the two doctors were finished with their patients so they could see the watch. One of which says that she will be buying it for her husband (he has the Note 3 already) and that he would love it.

One of the favorite features they all liked was the camera and the ability to say the word(s): capture, smile, cheese, shoot to have the Galaxy Gear snap a photo (Gear Manager>My apps>Favorites tab>s voice>check "camera"). I also have the Gear setup that when

I put it on the charger it auto transfers my photos to my Galaxy Note 3, Gear Manager>My apps>Apps tab>camera and select

Galaxy Gear Transfer.PNG

Here are a few of the photos they took while playing around with the Galaxy Gear

20131030_170306.jpg20131030_170521.jpg

20131030_170616.jpg20131030_170927.jpg

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.

0 Comments

topgun.jpg

"I feel the need... The need for speed!"

Remember that line between Maverick and Goose in Top Gun? I bet you didn't know they were probably referring to the incredible data transfer speeds using USB 3.0 technology their Galaxy Note 3 smartphone. Well...ok, maybe not. But probably because the movie came out in 1986, some 27 years before the Galaxy Note 3. However, the Galaxy Note 3 is worthy of such a tag-line.

The Galaxy Note 3 comes bundled with a beefy sync/charge cable unlike any other smartphone to date. The Note 3, with accompanying cable, is USB 3.0 "SuperSpeed" compliant. That means transferring movies, videos, music and photo files to and from your Note 3 from a computer with USB 3.0 port will be done at "SuperSpeed."

USB 3.0 is capable of transmission speeds up to 5 Gbit/s, which is 10 times as fast as USB 2.0 (480 Mbit/s) before taking into account that USB 3.0 is full duplex whereas USB 2.0 is half duplex, giving USB 3.0 the potential total bandwidth if utilized both ways to 20 times that of USB 2.0.

In order to achieve "SuperSpeed" data transfer rates on your Note 3 you must put it in "Media device (USB 3.0)" mode. The default mode is "Media device (MTP)" which will not take advantage of the speedier transfer.

Screenshot_2013-10-30-09-27-58_resized.png

Real-world tests and results: I copied six music videos from my company issued laptop to my Galaxy Note 3, using the supplied USB 3.0 cable and a USB 3.0 compliant port on my laptop. I copied the same six files to a new Android tablet using a standard USB 2.0 microUSB cable. The six music video files combined to be 1.12 GB of data (avg file size was 186.7 MB).

Test 1: Connected my Galaxy Note 3 using the Samsung branded microUSB 3.0 charge/sync cable that came with my Note 3 (not a 3rd party or generic USB 3.0 cable).

Result: All files transferred to Note 3 in 0:36.3 (m:s.s).

Test 2: Connected a brand new dual-core Android tablet using a standard microUSB USB 2.0 sync/charge cable (Samsung branded).

Result: 2:40.2 (m:s.s)...roughly 5x longer transfer time.

Test 3: Connected my Galaxy Note 3 using a standard microUSB USB 2.0 sync/charge cable (Samsung branded cable) to USB 2.0 port on same laptop. And yes, you can charge and sync files to/from your Note 3 with a standard microUSB cable.

Result: 0:55.7 (m:s.s)...almost twice as long as USB 3.0 transfer.

There is a definite speed advantage to using the Samsung supplied USB 3.0 cable that comes with the Note 3 and a USB 3.0 compliant data port. Keep in mind there are many factors that go into these results; data bus type and speed of computer, available memory, type and quality of transfer cable and target device resources. YMMV (your mileage may vary) In my test cases, the speeds between Note 3 (quad-core) and Android tablet (lower end device, dual-core) were likely impacted more-so due to the speed and memory bus of the target device.

I hope this helps you get the most from your Galaxy Note 3.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.

credit: Paramount Pictures, wiki

0 Comments

GN3.PNG

I've had the Galaxy NoteIII for a few weeks now and here is a quick list of some features I'm finding to be very useful:

Incoming call notifications - I like that you can configure a small window popup when receiving a phone call, this way if you are in the middle of working on something it doesn't jump screens on you. To set this up:

Settings>Device>Call - then check "incoming call notifications"

Air Command - I really like the action memo. I'm not sure about you all but when adding contacts to my device if I'm with that person I hand them my phone and let them put their own info it.

Pretty cool to hand them the S-Pen and let them handwrite their own info then use the "link to action" option and add them as contacts

Scout App -  This is available on any Android device and though I prefer to use Google Nav for actual Navigation I love that Scout can scan the area and help me find what I'm looking for.

For example: this morning I needed to get gas and launched the Scout app and selected "gas" the app then searched the area and helped me find the closest gas station with the cheapest gas.

The one gas station I stopped at was 10 cents cheaper than the first place I drove by and it was only 2 miles down the road. I'm looking forward to using Scout when my wife and I head to the mountains this weekend.

DLNA (aka Nearby devices) - I've used this at home to show pictures or videos of vacations / trips and could allow some to view the videos in one room while some are able to view photo's in another. All with the same device and not

having to download anything or connect to a computer.

Dialer.pngScreenshot_2013-10-16-11-04-34.pngScout.png

0 Comments

Galaxy Gear.PNG
I've been using the Galaxy Gear for about a week now and have to say that I'm really enjoying how useful it is. I have to admit that at first I wasn't sure if it would really prove to be a worth while device worth of the cost, but it has

and I've been really pleased with it. I am finding myself using it to reply to text messages more often than pulling my device out. I also like being able to talk on it!

I've found that during the work day I set one watch face that gives me Time, Date, & Calendar. I am in IT dept and there are times where I get up and walk away from my desk, with the N3 on the charger, and it's easy to

forget when you have a meeting. With the Event Clock set and if I get up and walk away without my phone I can still get my meeting reminders which is really nice. Then on after work and on the weekends I change the

watch face to one of the Analog Clocks that I really like this way I can switch from business to a causual with one click of the button. I do collect watches and have about 10 but the Galaxy Gear and the ability to change watch faces

makes it feel as though I can have multiple watches with just one device.

Event Clock.PNGAnalog Clock.PNG

With the WatchStyler app (app found in Samsung App Store) you can also make your own custom watches. Here is one I created the other day just messing around with the app:

WatchStyler.PNG

On top of being able to change the watch faces based on my day, I've also been pretty thrilled with the camera on it, granted it's no 13MP but the pictures, nonetheless are still pretty impressive. I also have set the voice

command (Gear Manager>My Apps>S Voice, check "Camera") so when I activate the camera I just have to say "Capture" and there we go! That really comes in handy when demo'ing the Galaxy Gear to people.

Here are a few pictures taken with the GG:

20131027_103755.jpg20131026_151020.jpg20131026_091657.jpg

0 Comments

hc400.gif

Sunday Oct 6 brought the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup to Kansas City!

The Hollywood Casino 400, 4th of 10 Chase races (post season), rolled through Kansas City with all the thunder that only NASCAR can deliver. The day was cool, mostly sunny and perfect for all Chase drivers and crews to show their best stuff. I was there too, showing my best stuff. I brought my own driver and pit crew and I had the finest Gear at the track. Well... sorta. I *was* the driver...and pit crew...and, well, I guess I was my own spotter, too. My major sponsor was Sprint and I did bring the best Gear to the race.

From the suite you can see the entire 1.5 mile tri-oval track. This panorama picture taken with the Galaxy Note 3, shrunk to ~1/10th original resolution.

track-panorama-s.jpg

I brought the Samsung Galaxy Gear paired to a new Galaxy Note 3. The crowd went wild when they saw how well the two devices worked together. It's safe to say, the darling of the racetrack didn't have four tires. It was strapped to my wrist and in my hand, and the combined one-two punch was deft and powerful. Being fortunate enough to be in a suite during the race, I was able to capture some race-day pictures on the new Galaxy Note 3 which went on sale Friday, Oct 4.

Like any good race crew, I was up before the sun, getting the fine tune put on my machines. The first picture shows really good low-light color and depth.

(pictures are 1/8 original resolution)

20131006_070410-s.jpg

Race track prep takes several hours. You can see across the lawn, all the race team rigs lined up in neat rows. Behind the rigs are team garages. Behind those garages are more support rigs...more garages...more support, and so on.

20131006_070404-s.jpg

Once the race got going it was loud and exciting! Who doesn't love fast-n-loud?! "If you ain't first...you're LAST! Shake-n-bake!" ~Ricky Bobby!

race1-s.jpg

The Miss Sprint Cup girls stopped by the suite with the NASCAR Sprint Cup trophy! Check out the Miss Sprint Cup girls on Facebook: Miss Sprint Cup | Facebook

20131006_144400-s.jpg

Miss Sprint Cup girls took plenty of fan pics with the guests and gave out autographed photos. They had to borrow my "pit area" (aka device demo table) to sign some photos, so I took the opportunity to demo the photo-taking features of the Galaxy Gear watch. (note, photo below is half of original resolution)

misssprint1-gear-s.jpg

Back to business. Everyone loved the Galaxy Gear wearable by Samsung. They couldn't believe how much it could do, like show you a quick glance at your combined work and personal calendars; alerts for text messages, social networks and email; weather, exercise logs, takes phone calls right from your wrist and captures pictures and videos without fumbling for a camera.

samsung-galaxy-gear-12122.jpg

For most of the day, I had a constant line of people wanting to see the Galaxy Gear and Note 3 in action. The Gear really was the darling of the race, at least in our suite. What really hit home was one guest who came up to me asking for a Gear demo. He said "I have to see this amazing smartwatch. Everyone in the suite is talking about it." I knew the Gear was way-cool. But I didn't expect the degree of excitement and hubbub from a suite full of Sprint guests who all have exposure to our awesome technology portfolio. I'm pretty sure Samsung hit a grand slam home run with the Galaxy Gear.

I had other race-day "sponsors," too, including the Samsung Galaxy S4, ATIV S Neo and Galaxy Note II, HTC One, Motorola Moto X, Apple iPhone 5c and BlackBerry Q10.

device-lineup.jpeg

Not pictured above but still a major sponsor for my "crew" was Netgear with the Zing and 341U model Mobile Broadband devices. The Zing really draws a good crowd with its tri-band LTE performance and stylish good looks. I chatted up TJ Majors, spotter for Dale Jr and the #88 Diet Mt. Dew Chevrolet. He travels 10 months a year with the "Dew Crew" and always brings with him a Microsoft X-Box and Sprint MBB hotspot so he can play Live online in any city. He loved the Netgear Zing so much he immediately asked for one from his PR team.

sprint-tri-band-devices.jpg

The race was a major win for Kansas City, NASCAR and Sprint. I was honored to be part of the action and represent Sprint. The Galaxy Note 3 paired to the Galaxy Gear, combined with all my other smartphones and MBB devices, brought home a checkered flag for Sprint.

Always remember... If you ain't first, you're last! Shake-n-bake!   I hope you are enjoying the Note 3 and Galaxy Gear watch.

3 Comments

samsung-galaxy-note-3-black-aa-12-645x362.jpg

The holidays are fast approaching and some of you tech enthusiasts may have your sites set squarely on a new "4K" or Ultra HD flat panel television. Sure they seem pricey now, but everyone knows prices will drop as adoption picks up. And some of us early adopters we can't wait for a sale.

But why 4K / Ultra HD? There’s no doubt about it, 4K video is the future. 4K is the high-definition successor to 1080p, and promises to change the way we experience TV, movies, and content by delivering an unprecedented level of detail. How much improvement you ask? Here's a good visual to help you understand how much more visual data is encompassed in 4K vs DVD, 720p, 1080p (or "Full HD"), 2K resolution and finally 4K resolution.

4K-HDTV-relative-sizes-645x362.png

4k-image-340586-e1382291864929.jpg

Here's a visual example of 1080p ("HD") vs 4K:

boixmms-645x350.jpg

Currently there isn't any static media format that supports 4K (3840 x 2160). But that doesn't stop the true technology, bleeding edge folks, right? The future will likely be 'media-less' anyway with online streaming of cloud based content to every home. However, unless you have Google Fiber to your home you likely won't be streaming 4K video anytime soon.

Since the introduction of 4K to the market, a few camera makers have introduced their own 4K video capable cameras. $12,000 for a Canon EOS-1D? Ouch! I guess you could always snap up a the Sony PXW-Z100 Pro video camera for a cool $6500. Or you could whip out your Galaxy Note 3 and channel your inner Spielberg.

That's right! The Note 3′s 13MP BSI camera, is capable of capturing true 4K video. With a resolution of 3840×2160, it shoots  glorious 4K video at variable frame rate of 26-35fps. The video clip length is capped at five minutes and produces a whopping 1.5GB file. The bit rate of the video itself is approximately 48-50mbps.

Launch camera > Settings > Video tab > Set Video size to 3840x2160 (16:9)

Screenshot_2013-10-21-14-46-17_resized.png

No Ultra HD television in your future? No worries! The Galaxy Note 3 is your 4K screen! While each experience won’t necessitate employing the 4K detail the Note 3 is capable of, it’s nice to be able to grab such incredible video from your smartphone whenever an exciting moment beckons. With the built in Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 series SoC (system on chip) and dedicated 3GB of system RAM you're rolling with the most powerful graphics machine that you can hold in your hand.

800-diagram-960-1012013-645x329.jpg

The Note 3 is a powerful, full Ultra HD / 4K camera in the palm of your hand or your (back) pocket. You can create stunning videos and take vibrant, full color, high resolution photos worthy of large print.

Have fun creating content with your Note 3. As always, please use your smartphone smartly. Don't text and drive. It can wait.

credit: Android Authority, Engadget

0 Comments

Screenshot_2013-10-23-12-22-40[1].pngScreenshot_2013-10-23-12-24-49[1].pngScreenshot_2013-10-23-12-25-01[2].png

My Magazine

My Magazine is a news app that is very flipboard esque as well as being very similar to HTC's Blickfeed. The only drawback I see is there is no real customizations.  There are no options to add new RSS feeds.  But I love this app besides that.  I really liked blinkfeed and flipboard and glad to see Samsung create their own native app for this.  You can sync your Social media and also pulls data from your location to provide deals in your area via groupon.

Screenshot_2013-10-23-12-36-43[2].pngScreenshot_2013-10-23-12-36-51[2].png

Sketchbook

So I am by no means and artist.  But I can feel like one with Samsung's Sketchbook app.  It allows for a various amount of brush types as well as pens and pencils.  Equipped with a plethora of stamps it can make any amateur artist look good.  I like to doodle on this app but my three year old LOVES to.  Allows him to color and draw and at the same time no mess or waste of paper.

Screenshot_2013-10-23-12-44-54[2].pngScreenshot_2013-10-23-12-42-39[1].png

Pen. up is an app where artists using their note 3 can share pictures with each other.  I am amazed on how talented people are with this stylus and sketchbook.  The pictures posted here are amazing.

All in all I am a complete fan of the apps that come preloaded on the phone.  I hope you enjoyed this!

-Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer** These opinions are my own and not those of Sprint.

0 Comments

I like to customize my phones to something I'm familiar with. I always use Nova Launcher, Nova brings some extra features that I love that most launchers don't provide, like Samsung TouchWiz. The great part about using the Note III is that all the S-Pen functionality can still be used with any customer launcher. I also like to use a custom Icon set as well to change the look of the normal icons. Below I will show you how to customize your phone to your liking. This is the beauty of android. You can make it look like anything you want!

First off here is my setup.

Screenshot_2013-10-22-19-29-50.png

Screenshot_2013-10-22-19-30-26.pngScreenshot_2013-10-22-19-30-35.pngScreenshot_2013-10-22-19-30-44.pngScreenshot_2013-10-22-19-30-54.pngScreenshot_2013-10-22-19-31-05.pngScreenshot_2013-10-22-19-31-17.png

Now you don't have to use my icon set. If you search the android market you will find thousands of free and paid icon sets. Now in Nova settings if you select Look and Feel > Icon Theme you can select a icon set you have downloaded. The themeing isn't the only reason why I use Nova. This launcher provides a stock Android feel with gesture support. I have my launcher set up when I swipe up anywhere from the home screen I launch Google Now. This is much faster than holding the home button and selecting the Google icon. I also swipe down from the screen and the Notification bar slides down. This is super useful because the Note III is so large, sometimes I can't reach the top of the device. I will provide a screen shot of the Gesture support that you customize to your liking. My Icon set is Goolors icons GO/Apex/Nova/ADW - Android Apps on Google Play

Screenshot_2013-10-22-19-47-44.png

“The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.”

0 Comments

Umm snow?? Winter is fast approaching. With the colder weather comes the need for bundling up which often include gloves. There’s just one problem, gloves and touch screen phones don’t always play nice with each other. There are now special gloves with rubber or silicon finger tips to help you. But why would you go spend extra money on a special pair of gloves just so you can play with your phone?! Wouldn’t it be amazing if phone makers could have a setting that you could use when you know you will have gloves on?

Enter: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Glove Mode
WHAAAAAAAA??!? The best phone I’ve ever used has a special mode you can switch on that increases the sensitivity on the screen making it easier to use your phone while keeping your fingers nice and toasty.

Inspired speech regarding the Glove Mode:
Gone are the days of removing a glove, exposing your phalanges to the bitter elements and sacrificing your warm comfort to check an email or make a phone call. No more will we have to choose between playing angry birds and the safety of our fingers! A revolution has begun. GLOVES ARE NO LONGER AN ENEMY OF SMART PHONES! The Note 3 has bridged this gap and will allow all people, in any season, to use your smartphone with warm hands!!! *Cheers and applause*

To enable this setting, go to your settings menu under controls and scroll to the bottom. Check the box next to “Increase touch sensitivity”

Glove+Mode.png

Thanks for reading!

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint

0 Comments

I am not much of a scrapbooker generally, but my new Samsung Galaxy Note III and it’s new preloaded “Scrapbook” app has got me “scrapping” and “booking” all kinds of stuff these days! And the SPen is like a magic scrapbooking wand that will cut out anything on your screen, and add to organized categories in the Scrapbook app. But the magic doesn’t stop there. If you come across an awesome accessory (say, the Galaxy Gear – Oatmeal Beige) on the Samsung shopping site and you want to put it into your scrapbook, you can easily draw a shape around the image or text you want holding the SPen button, then add it. Easy as that! The picture/text will also include the link from the site where the “scrap” was selected! So you will always have the source of the cutout on hand to return to the site.

This "wishlist" idea is not only a great scenario to discuss the applications of Scrapbook, it is an actual instance taken from my personal device. Every year for Christmas, my wife asks me what I want. Even though, throughout the year I’m sure I’ve told her each time I saw something awesome. Of course, I’m hoping that she is keeping a mental “wishlist” for me so I can think about more important things… like my next meal! Now, with scrapbook I can very quickly add anything I find to my scrapbook labeled “wishlist” and it will include a link to the site I found the product on, and any other tags I input. These items are all searchable on the phone as well for quick reference! Here is a screen shot of my personal wish list:

Scrapbook+1.jpgScrapbook+2.jpg

I fully expect my 2013 Christmas to include everything I've ever wanted thanks to Scrapbook!

Thanks!

Your Product Ambassador Team

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint

0 Comments

"Whoa that's a big phone!" That was literally my first thought when I opened the wood-grain looking box and pulled out the behemoth that is the Samsung Galaxy Note III.

Screen:

While I've used the GS3, which boasts a 4.3in display, my most recent device was the Blackberry Q10. The Q10 has a 3.1in display. This means the 5.7in display on the Note III completely dwarfs it in size! The screen is by far the clearest, most crisp screen I've ever seen on a smart phone. Even in direct sunlight, the picture shines through beautifully. All of the apps and menus I've been able to use these first couple of days have been very big, bright and bold.

Build:

Honestly, I was expecting a bit more heft to this device. I was especially surprised when I first took the device out of the box. It was extremely light, and almost gave me the feeling it was missing some innards! After placing the battery in the phone it got a lot heavier, but it still feels very light. Almost unnoticeable in your pocket!

Functionality:

Apps apps and more apps! Just the ones out of the box! It’s great to have so many useful apps again. I've missed my Pandora, soccer scores and the plethora of games that are available on the Google Play store. But the Samsung Note 3 brings a whole new world of functionality to my palms with the SPen. This is a feature I will explore more in depth throughout the next few weeks, and give a full review of my thoughts.

Overall I think this device will be the best and most useful device I've ever laid my hands on. I'll keep everyone posted on the new stuff I find out! Here's a sneak peak: (Hint: chart made with the phone!)

Note3+chart.png

0 Comments

The Note 3 is a big phone, a really really BIG phone. Which means it requires a bit of care using it, moving it from pocket to pocket, pocket to desk, etc etc.

The first thing I always do when I get one of these nice AND expensive phones is to protect them. Sprint offers Total Equipment Protection (but thats another blog) and several case options for our phones.

As mentioned, the Note 3 is a BIG phone so adding protection would mean it becomes even bigger and maybe uncomfortable... Fortunately, BodyGlove makes a range of cases that dont add much to the size but add several notches to the protection of your case.

As you can see below, the BodyGlove case available for $24.99 (+ tax - 25% Employee) discount is a very snug yet protective case. It hugs the phone quite well and provides the protective "lip" around the top making sure your screen doesnt get scratched if you put your phone upside down.

photo 3_1.JPG

photo 2_1.JPG

It also provides all the necessary slots for the 3 mics, headphones jack, charging dock, power and volume buttons, instead of covering them up.

photo 1.JPG

photo 1_1.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 2.JPG

The styling is pretty awesome too. One caveat with any case on the Note 3 is that you will not be able to enjoy the redesigned faux leather back cover but then again, I'd rather protect the device instead.

Please feel free to share your comments and case options for the Note 3 below. Enjoy!

-Your Product Ambassador Team-

0 Comments

We all have heard this buzz word, Samsung Knox, when we saw Samsung's introduction to the Galaxy S4 and the Galaxy Note 3 this year. But it wasnt really clear what it was, how it will be used and whether its worth the download (yes its a download).

In definition, Knox is Samsung's way to help consumers seperate their work and personal lives on their phones. This also means the work section is more secure and easy to manage... theoritically. From www.samsungknox.com you find out that Knox allows you to "Protect your enterprise data on Android devices" or Allow employees to safely use their own device at work" and for IT folks "Manage mobile security within your IT environment." That is all fine and dandy, but what does that mean to the end user? On the surface it seems a clever solution for businesses to reduce their IT cost by allowing their employees to bring and attach their personal Samsung smartphones to their IT infrastructure, more to the BYOD or Bring Your Own Device (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bring_your_own_device) concept rather then footing the bill of buying smartphones for employees. Similar to what Sprint does today.

To learn more, I bit the bullet and downloaded Samsung Knox on the Note 3 to test it out and see what it can really do for me. The download was quite straight forward, you click on the Knox icon in the Samsung folder in your app drawer, just like you are downloading an app for the Play Store:

Screenshot_2013-10-20-21-55-03.png

Once downloaded it will walk you through a pin/password setup. What I noticed is that there were no screenshot capability (even from the pen) inside this mode so I had ot take pics from another phone. Once in, here is what I saw:

IMG_20131020_220743087.jpgIMG_20131020_220844082.jpg

It is an ANDROID VIRTUAL MACHINE! This was a surprise to be first but also very cool. The Note 3 is powerful enough to run 2 instances (albeit limited) of Android. As you can see in the pics above, the experience is limited to some core apps like Email, Calendar, Camera, etc. Only apps you can download are from the Samsung Knox App store and the selection is limited to enterprise apps such as dropbox, polaris office, citrix, join.me, sharefile, etc. It even seperates your picture and video gallery from your personal side.

IMG_20131020_220853627.jpgIMG_20131020_220911621.jpg

Currently all I have setup is my work email (Exchange) in Knox and it works as expected. I get a notification that I have Knox Email.

Go ahead, give it a short, and share your feedback and let us know if this is a good feature for work, or just more gimicks. Thanks.

- Your Product Ambassador Team -

0 Comments

Galaxy Note III Impressions
Capture.PNG
I have been using the Note3 for about a week now and have to say that I agree with BGR "The Galaxy Note 3 is the best smartphone Samsung has ever made. In fact, the Note 3 is one of the be...". The display is amazingly clear, crisp, & very appealing.
I am also glad that they've increased the brightness on the Note3 so it's much easier to read outside. Here is a great article from Phonearena:

Huge gains in brightness

However the biggest change has come in brightness. Traditionally, AMOLED screens have been notoriously dim and not very easy to use in bright sunlight. This changes completely in the Note 3 as it has a much more luminant display, providing around 400 nits of brightness in most conditions, on par with the best LCDs out there. Moreover, outdoors, the Note 3 can deliver an outstanding 660 nits of brightness, nearly 40% brighter than the Galaxy S4. Still, to be great for outdoor use, a device not only needs to have a bright screen - it also has to have low screen reflectance, and good news is the Note 3 has them both.
A few other features I am really digg'n on this device is the new "Air Command" window that pops when you pull the spen out

SPEN.PNG (He did make a mistake and said Sony both instead of Samsung )
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Air Command: Feature Focus - YouTube                                                                                               
Galaxy Gear Impressions
Galaxy Gear.png
I still am experiencing a lot of the “honeymoon” phase with the Galaxy Gear watch. I’ve really found though a few features that I really
like about it.
  1. I like that I can have it show my next meeting underneath the time and date. Comes in handy when I’m out and about and need to
    look and seen when my next conf call it.
  2. I have not experienced any issues with talking on the device and have used it a couple of times while driving. I
    can rest my arm on the window sill, like I normally and use the watch to make/receive phone calls. With the radio off I had no problems hearing them nor
    they, hearing me.
  3. find my device app, when I’m at home I have a habit of setting my phone down and then doing something else and
    not remembering what I did, usually I would have to get my wife’s phone and call it to see if I could find it and if I had it on mute I wouldn’t be able to
    find and it and would have to retrace my steps. With “Find My Device” app even if your phone is muted or on vibrate it will still ring and make noise, also
    works in reverse if you needed to find your watch from your device
  4. One other feature that I really like is the ability to control music. My wife and I like to walk around the golf course and I like that I can adjust volume and change tracks from the
    watch, vs having sweaty hands and pull my phone out, unlock it while looking down and make changes.
These are the features I’ve found really useful. I like the camera and it’s pretty neat but not sure how much I’ll actually use it. That
being said, in another month I may feel different about it.

The device is smaller than I was expecting. Looks very nice and I like that you can download/change the watch face and feel like you a
different set of watches depending on what you are doing.

0 Comments

So I have had the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for just about a week now and wanted to give you my review on what I think about it.

Overall Look and Feel

front and back.jpg

Even thought the Galaxy Note 3 is 5.7 inch display is an increase from the Note 2's 5.5 in display the difference is not really noticeable. If you line them up you can see a little difference but holding them there isn't to much. The differences you will notice are the now noticeable corners from the more rounded Note 2. They have listened to the reviews and changed the back from the shiny plastic to a leather and stitch look. Now it still plastic but has the look of leather and stitch. The stylus remains the same size but a few cosmetic differences.

Display

383885.jpg

The screen boasts a full 5.7 inch HD Super Amoled Screen. This makes the color bright and vibrant even under full sunlight. When placing a call outside in Florida I still have full view of the screen which cannot be said for other screens. 

Camera

20131013_175706_Richtone(HDR)-1.jpg

This picture was taken this weekend by me outside my house. This is one of the best cameras I have had the pleasure of using. I won't go to much into the camera as it has been covered in this blog: Picture Quality with my Samsung Galaxy Note III by David Harbit.

Found a comparison between the Galaxy S4 and the Note 3 on engadget.

Comparison.png

I notice a more crispness and clarity with the Note 3.

Conclusion

When I had an opportunity to review the Note 2 it was by far my favorite device. The Note 3 has surpassed it in almost every way. I am still in heaven with this phone and amazed by every new thing I learn about it. I hope you enjoyed this review.

**These opinions are my own and not that of Sprint.**

0 Comments

All of these suggestions were found at : Best Samsung Galaxy Note 3 apps - Trusted Reviews

significant-signature-capture-top-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-2-Apps.png

SIGNificant Signature Capture

A productivity-focused Galaxy Note 3 app, SIGNificant Signature capture lets you add signatures or make annotations to forms like PDFs. You can skip through multiple page documents and add attachments like a copy of your driving license or passport. Signatures recorded through the app can be identified via the acceleration, speed and rhythm used to make the signature. Once you are done filling in the form, you can add watermarks and then email documents or send it to PDF-supported services like Evernote and Dropbox.

Papyrus.jpg

Papyrus

An alternative to the already pre-installed S-Note, Papyrus is an equally simple-to-use note-taking app with full support for the Note 3’s S Pen stylus. You can activate quick flick gestures via the S Pen side button and choose the size of the paper to write on. If you are willing to shell out a little more, you can add the ability to export documents and notes in PDFs and store them in the cloud via Dropbox and Box.

Flipaclip-Samsung-Galaxy-No.jpg

Flipaclip

An entry in the Samsung Galaxy Note App Challenge,

Flipaclip lets you create flipbook-style animations frame by frame. You can use the S Pen to doodle creations, change the background and preview the animated

progress frame by frame. Once you are done, you can share your labors of love on Facebook and YouTube and wait for the comments/likes/abuse.

Scribble-Racer-Galaxy-Note-.jpg

Scribble Racer

Letting you have a bit of fun with the Note 3,

Scribble Racer is a paper racing game where you can use the S Pen to draw your way around the course to the finish line. You can collect fruits and stars on

the way and there’s 41 achievements to unlock. The longer you stay on the course, the quicker and more difficult it becomes. Luckily, there is an easy mode, if you are struggling to keep your S Pen on the track.

I have had my device for 24 hours and will wait until I get more familiar with it to post a review.  In the mean time wanted to show you some apps I have been playing with.  I hope you enjoy.

1 Comment

samsung-galaxy-note-3-camera-samples-1024x575.png

So I have only had my Note III for one day and that's all it took to be blown away by the picture quality of this monster. I walked outside at sunset to take a few shots and I couldn't believe the quality of this camera. All of these photos were taken on the "auto" feature of the camera. I will do a comparison later, Auto vs HDR. The focus and the shutter speed on the Note III is extremely impressive as well. I can't explain how well pictures look on this gorgeous 5.7" display with AMOLED bringing all the color to life. Keep in mind Sprint Community will compress these images so you wont get the full detail of these images in this post. I have attached the photos on this blog for you to download and see the images in all their glory.

20131010_184229.jpg20131010_184322.jpg20131010_184110.jpg20131010_184603.jpg20131010_184607.jpg

- First image via fonearena.com