cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I turn off the repeated wifi calling notifications

Patron

how do I turn off the repeated wifi calling notifications

Hi Sprint,

With the rollout of Wifi calling on the Galaxy Note 3 yesterday I was very excited to be able to use my phone on a reliable network (since I get 4G service in omly about 20% of Atlanta when the service doesn't randomly drop). However when I set it up now I get a constant reminder asking me if I would like to setup a new Wifi address. Including the fact that the little wifi calling icon appears. Is there a way to disable this without rooting my phone? I already have a bajillion icons because of all of the neat bloatware included on the phone. Thanks!

34 REPLIES 34
Master

Re: how do I turn off the repeated wifi calling notifications

alliedcvil,

I looked around, and unfortunately, I'm not seeing any steps to take to disable this. The reminder is asking you to setup a new WiFi address even while you're already connected to one? That seems strange to me; does this happen everywhere, and all the time? Does it still occur after a powercycle?

Thanks,

*John R.
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm having the same issue on different WiFi networks, all with a strong signal, and at different location.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The notification on my phone is to save your location for 911. I save it and the notification pops up within 5 seconds. Its extremely annoying. The service does work though. Calls are crystal clear.

Journeyman

Notification: Service is on. Would you like to update your profile address?

Master

tjones-, Thanks for posting. Did you try to turn the wifi off? Did you complete the E911 consent on the device? Try the steps below.
Go to Settings > Wi-Fi Calling>Turn off Wi-Fi Calling or turn the Wi-Fi off completely.
Keep me updated.
Kimberly E.
Social Care Team
Journeyman

Kimberly E. Social Care Team.

So far I've tried to completely turn off the wifi calling feature then turning it back on, and I still have a notification on the top of my screen asking me to setup my wifi address. I've also completed the 911 consent on the device multiple times, power cycled the phone, and removed the battery. Unfortunately after all of the steps listed above, the wifi address setup notification still remains when the wifi calling feature is turned on. Fortunately, its only a minor quirk in the wifi calling feature that will hopefully get ironed out in future updates. The notification does not effect the performance of my wifi calling or the phone.

Journeyman

I am having the same issue. The service works great, but it is annoying to be constantly reminded to do what I have already done multiple times.

Note: this is occurring on the same network, I have not set this up for anywhere but at home.

Master

JoshuaStarr,

I'm happy to help. Have you tried any of the steps listed above? Are you able to clear the notification out? Just to confirm you can clear the notification out but is keeps returning? What phone do you have? Have you checked to make sure your software is up to date? Disable WiFi then turn the device off, wait 3 mins then power the device back on and enable WiFi. Let me know if this helps.

Laura,
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I also have this exact same problem on both of my accounts Note 3 phones.  Exactly the same symptoms.  Wifi calling works perfectly, but I keep getting the annoying prompt that says "Wi-Fi Calling ready" "Service is on. Would you like to update your profile address?".  If I update my address it goes away for about 30 seconds but then comes right back into my notifications again.

Love the wifi calling, but wish the constant prompts to update my address would stop.

And yes SprintCare, I did follow all the steps you said and it's still doing the same thing.

Master

jasonbilbrey,

Thank you for reaching out. I am glad you have been enjoying the service of Wi-Fi calling. Also, I am sorry for the issues it's giving you. I would recommend for you to visit your nearest Sprint repair store. You mentioned you have completed the steps and haven't had any success so that would be the next move to resolving this issue. Here is the website storelocator.sprint.com/locator. Wish you the best!

Sophia

Socail Care Team
Journeyman

Long press on the notification on the drop down status bar. APP Info will appear. Click that. It will take you to Sprint Wifi app info and uncheck "show notifications"

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat