Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

lollipop update

Is there any recent news regarding note 3 update

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Journeyman

So, you're upset over not getting 5.0 that really will not benefit your phone one bit?Lollipop 5.0 is a 64bit OS. Running a 64bit OS on 32bit hardware like the Note 3&4 is no real benefit.

Yeah, you will get better notifications and behind the scene OS stuff.

If anything, the update will break something on your phone. If you want Lollipop 5.0? Get a phone that comes with it. It will benefit you more.

If anything, you need to be asking, where are the 8-core 64bit phones at?

Because to be honest, Sprint updates their phones in a timely manner. But, some updates help!! Others kill the phone.

Like the LG G2 is a great phone on sprint. But, its broken and remains broken. It will not connect to the Spark bands and always drop to 3G.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Batmanx35 Dude stop that. Who cares about the number of bits the OS is. People just want the update man. I too am waiting for the update and I know all that you are talking about. And I'm finding I need a renewed view on my phone. There are a few issues with WiFi that don't go away with each update that they came out with. So the update will just be something to keep me from switching. As for the Sprintcare ppl holding on to their guns is all they can do cause they are the the developers for Sprint so what can they say?  I do think though they should put some effort into finding out. Id take a response like I'll look into it or I'll ask around But that book response is not gonna fly with anyone that know what they are talking about. Shoot you may know more about it then they do....lol

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't think people are upset they just want what theyshould be receiving in a timely fashion like anyone that is buying a good or service .I know exactly what your talking about but it does improve overall functionality as it smooths androids operating system and people want the update specially for those that got the note 3 your making it seem like note 3 users have a four year old phone by telling them oH just get a new phone that phone is a little over a year old so people expect the same software as any newer flagship device like the note 4 and other newer phones. When you spend your money and pay your monthly bill you expect the best service and newest updates like any other consumer that is purchasing something.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat