cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text messaging not working

Journeyman

text messaging not working

not sure why but my text messaging keeps going down. for the past few days its been very spotty, working when it wanted to.

today, its back to not working again. i use an airrave for coverage so im not too sure if the device is having an issue or what.

anyone had this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: text messaging not working

I have an iPhone 4S and I'm having similar problems....my phone is just saying Extended and 1x...ugh!!!  It's very frustrating.  I will be calling Sprint for a credit on my bill because of so many dropped calls too!

Highlighted
Master

cpstaley1029,

Thanks for posting. I'll be happy to assist you with your text messaging issue. When trying to send a text message, what is the error message you're getting? How long have you had your phone for? Which lights are lit up on your AIRAVE device?

Marie
Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Master

1RICHWIFE,

Oh no, that's not good. I understand it can be frustrating. How long has this issue gone on for? Do you have an AIRAVE in your home?

Marie
Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

ive done a few troubleshooting steps. see below:

turn phone off for 2 mins while rep refreshed my "services"

powered phone on

updated profile

entered ##726xxx# code for handsfree activation...

and thats basically it. it seems like once my phone connects back to the airrave, the text issues start... i just got all my texts ive been sending myself and its back to not working all over again when the airrave picks up the service.

this phone is a replacement sent to me by sprint. ive had it for about 2 weeks now.

this happens alot to me and its very frustration because since the airrave is "free" sprint doesnt care how  long or spotty the service is. smh

there isnt a code i am getting, what is happening is, i will get a message saying message not delivered or message failed. no actual numeric code.

Highlighted
Master

Cpstaley1029 – Thanks for letting me know what trouble shooting steps you have tried. Were you having this problem with your original phone? Are all the lights on the Airave green when you are connected to it? Please let me know. –AJ Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat