cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi Calling tech support

Journeyman

Re: wifi Calling tech support

I started having the exact same issue today with My Galaxy S4 as well. After reading your post, I think I might excgabge it for an HTC One instead.

Journeyman

Oops, I meant exchange. Smiley Happy

Master

iamme54, Let me apologize about the fact that you have been experiencing issues with your WiFi calling. Have you tried disabling and enabling the WiFi calling again? Have you also tried to see if it works with other WiFi networks? I would like to try my best to resolve this for you. I'll be waiting on your response.
Rayon
Sprint Social Care
Master

heartofsteel

This is not what we like to hear. What specific issues are you having with Wi-Fi Calling? Keep us updated.

Leo
Sprint Social Care Team
Master

heartofsteel , Keep us updated on how everything works out for you. We are here to help. - Jasherai
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Same problem here, worked fine yesterday. Today I get Wi-Fi calling registration failed. I've turned it off then on. Restarted the phone after a battery pull. Everything I can think of, no luck.

Master

wbotz,

I'm sorry to hear this issue is occurring on your device as well. Please turn your wifi off. Once the wifi is off, access your keypad and dial ##72786#. It will refresh your phone completely once the update is complete, try reconnecting to your wifi.

- Jasherai
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

It has nothing to do with location since all of these people have said it was working from their location till recently. Mine for instance, worked perfectly on several networks, home, work and public until 2 days ago. I have location services enabled I have cleared the cache for Google play services and Google Services Framework, I have enabled and disabled it many times, I have updated profile and PRL many times, disconnected and connected to WIFI many times, rebooted the phone many times, any other hopeless ideas ? To add to the misery, since this has occurred ALL calls have extremely poor audio quality, sounds as if the other person is in a bucket and the caller/receiver says the same about the quality they are hearing, WIFI calling on or off. Great idea Sprint...EPIC FALURE !!!

Journeyman

I just got off the phone with Customer Service. They removed WIFI calling from my account and re-added it. After hanging up I entered ##873283# and updated PRL and Profile. At this point the App asked for permissions and you have to accept and enter your name, the phone will go thru the setup process for WIFI calling. This all worked OK. I still have an error the service is on would you like to register your location ? I have registered the location many times, same error message ! However now when I go to the phone keypad the CALL button is the WIFI calling call button not the standard call button. It appears this method has fixed the issue but not the error messages people are getting. I called Customer Service back and had them remove WIFI calling  and re-add it after I hung up, while I was on the phone I was disconnected immediately, indicating that I was indeed calling via WFI calling. At this point I did ##873283# once again and updated the PRL and Profile. I believe for the time being this is the solution.

Update: after letting the phone sit for several minutes after this procedure it appears the service working correctly no error messages....

Journeyman

I have had the same problem as of yesterday. Today I did this and it fixed the issue. I did all the previous troubleshooting found in the threads and none of that worked. My wi-fi calling is in my plan description. It's been working fine for the past three weeks until yesterday. I turned off the normal wi-fi on my phone, Note 3, and then let it sit with the wi-fi calling enabled to see if I would get the "registration failed" error again after clearing the initial error. After a minute or two, a screen opened to enable wi-fi calling and then click "ok" to enable. That worked and everything is back to normal.

Master

iamme54

It is great to hear that the Wifi calling is working back on your phone. Thank you for providing the steps that you did on your phone to get it working. It will be able to help other people having the same issues with Wifi calling on their phones.

Lindale
Sprint Social Care
Master

Chi-town23 -Thank you for posting. We're very glad to hear that. We're here to help. -Ramiro Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat