ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't surf the internet

Journeyman

Can't surf the internet

I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and i can't surf the net while I'm on a call. ...why is that? ...I've never had this issue before with other phones.

14 REPLIES 14
GrandMaster

Re: Can't surf the internet

the Note 4 is a spark capable tri band device so it now only has one antenna compared to the non tri band devices having 2..so before with the older phones could pull this off while connected to LTE since one antenna took care of the LTE connection while the other took care of Voice..for the tri band devices...and i mean ALL the tri band devices in order to do this Sprint must deploy VoLTE (voice over LTE)..which rumor is its already being tested...possibly tested..we will never know until they start lighting it up and or advertise that its on its way.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

So this means that i can't surf while I'm on the phone? ...does this mean that they are working on fixing the problem?...it's very inconvenient

GrandMaster

rumor is they already testing VoLTE at a location but we all know how those rumors work. and correct..since the tri band devices only have one antenna they must (for the time being) chose the priority..in this case the call would be the priority. for what its worth though even Verizons new line couldnt do this..theyre currently deploying this ability as we speak..they started roughly 6+ months ago..so theyre no where near completed.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

oh no!!!...not cool at all...thank you for your help.

GrandMaster

no worries..you can still do this while connected to wifi but for most this isnt much help while out and about. there are also apps you can use like hangouts or hangouts dialer BUT those use a different number so theyre not attached to your phones actual number if im remembering right..and only work for the outgoing calls.

Journeyman

Ok so if I'm connected to WiFi i can use the net and talk at the same time?

GrandMaster

correct. there are still separate antennas for both WIFI as well as bluetooth. additionally your phone should also have wifi calling on it. might need to activate it. so if youre home seems to be a black hole when it comes to reception you can set it up to use wifi calling while there and whalla..calls incoming and outgoing are back up and running using your home wifi. slight limitations when it comes to other wifi connections though..

Journeyman

Ok we'll try that. ..thank you for the tips.

GrandMaster

*tips hat* shucks..twerent nothin

Community Manager

Thread moved to Samsung Note 4 forum. - Moderator SeaWolf

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

I was told that this phone was capable of surfing the web while on a call. That's the main reason I purchased it

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat