cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Lollipop question/issue, I Am sure more to come

Journeyman

First Lollipop question/issue, I Am sure more to come

On my S5 with Lollipop, when you turn on private messages, it hides the content while on the lock screen, but once you unlock it and pull down the menu it shows you the persons name and start of the message.  With 5.0.1 it keeps it hidden even if you pull down the menu.  So you can't see any messages unless you open the application itself.  It seems like the S5 functionality seems more accurate.  If I have my phone unlocked, nothing should be hidden anymore.  Am I wrong to think that?

25 REPLIES 25
Master

Re: First Lollipop question/issue, I Am sure more to come

correct, as long as your lock screen is on, you see limited info, once you unlock it, the phone thinks you ar in possession, so will display info as usual.

That feature was so no one will take your phone swipe down and read your notifications or messages.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

But it doesn't do that on an S5 and your telling me, if I let someone steal my fingerprint and swipe it over the phone, then swipe down my menu, they wont be able to read my message and out of frustration, put it down and walk away hoping they figure out how to read them next time?  That seems a little weird.  If I have unlocked my phone, it seems like it should be me that has unlocked it, not an imposter who stole my finger or my password.  Now I could have my finger chopped on and that be done, but I wouldn't be concerned about my text messages being read at that point.  And if I have left my phone somewhere for someone to pick up, turn on and swipe down the menu, once again, my stupidity for letting that happen in first place.  If the phone is stolen, once again, why not show it.  People will figure out they can click the message to read it.  Maybe I am exaggerating a little bit, but I don't think it's more secure by any means at all that it can't be seen in the drop down on a Note 4, but on other phones and that someone could click on it if they chose and have stolen my phone from me at that point anyways.

Master

you are definitely going to the extreme that is just a precaution ouryou are definitely going to the extreme that is just a precaution our way to protect or a way to protect you.there are many ways to hack your phone if somebody to sisterthere are many ways to hack your phone if somebody wants to do that. If u have very sensitive data,you might want to encrypt your phone and put a password lock on it, not a pin or finger print.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
GrandMaster

yah thats a bit of a stretch..are you saying a cat burglar might sneak in and lift your finger prints in order to get into your highly secretive phone?

go into your phone settings and you should see something like sound and notifications (not sure how it looks on the Sammy devices). scroll through there and look for app notifications and it should pull up all the apps on your phone..from there chose what you want your sensitve apps to do or not do. example..i pull up my gmail and it gives me

Block

never show notifications from this app off/on

Priority

show notifications at the top of the list off/on

Sesnitive

when the device is locked, hide any sensitive content from this app's notifications.

since most people have only a small handful of things they dont want just anyone seeing this is easier to do..if there are apps you DO want to show a bit of what it is then while still in sounds and notifications go to when device is locked and you'll have 3 options

show all notifications (this is what i have mine set to yet the things i DONT want showing up i have those apps only showing that i have a notification but none of the info)

hide sensitive notification content

dont show notifications at all

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

If you want to hide these notification on the lock screen, follow this action:

1.Click settings

2.Click Sounds and notifications

3. Scroll down half way to While Locked and click

4. You have 3 choices, Show all content, Hide sensitive content, and Do not show notifications. Your choice here, but two things, 1. if you're concerned someone may see something you'd rather they didn't, choose Hide sensitive content and 2. Use a real password that contains some upper and lower case letters, some numbers and some symbols. Example is Popcorn2! I used this as a test password for my tech support job when a merchant called to set a password and told me it wouldn't accept any they made to fit the acceptable password rules.

Journeyman

I actually cannot find how to do this... I actually want to hide the textra app notifications from appearing on my lockscreen, what i want to happen is the app itself that has its own notifications to be used instead but thats not what is happening. Any way to do that?

Journeyman

Has anyone noticed any battery life changes? I've read around and some ppl are complaining about the battery life being bad with the Lollipop update which seems to be the issue with every (or most) OS upgrade.

Right now I am on 1 day 9 hrs 56 mins of battery (single charge)

screen on time is 1 hr 25 mins

device idle for 1 day 8 hrs 31 mins

Doesn't that sound about right?

I think i got the same battery life with KitKat as well

Journeyman

OK, for the first part of this, see my post above your question to disable notifications. Then you'd have to view the specific app you're wanting to use and see what settings you're dealing with. State which app and I'll see If I can help.

Highlighted
Journeyman

PS I don't have stats on my before and after battery numbers. I can state my battery life is the same as before.

Master

cpstaley1029 - We would be more than happy to assist you. Some of the steps you can try are; settings> Sounds and Notifications> Click While Locked> Either click Hide sensitive content or Do not show notifications. Let us know if this helps. - Dyan
Sprint Social Care
Master

First day or two out will drain fast due to the system updating and apps updating. its normal, after that item go back to normal, i might even say a bit better. The only issue i have is the extra lag it has, Nome times for a sec or two.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat