cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Lollipop question/issue, I Am sure more to come

Journeyman

Re: First Lollipop question/issue, I Am sure more to come

i dont use the touchwiz launcher so i cannot comment really on speed/performance but i did definitely notice that i lost about an hr of screen on time.. standby time seems to have gotten better a little

anyone else have any battery opinions to add?

Master

Having a device that was upgraded to Lollipop is the only thing we have in common. My device is the HTC M8. Like above, it to suffered battery drain when first installed. As DJ mentioned though, it soon corrects itself, for me, that was about three days at the most. Now, the phone gets better and longer battery life then before Lollipop.

If its been a few days and your still not seeing an improvement or similar to what it was when brand new, I would recommend a hard reset. Remember, this was a huge update with allot of changes. No guarantee everything on the phone will be 100% after the update. I actually perform a hard reset after every update so that I can get a feel for how the phone should be in stock form. Then start installing sold as i need them. I can honestly tell you, my phone is running awesome and I will continue doing the same after all future updates.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I will definitely wait a few days and see if the battery life changes, better or worse... for now it seems to be about the same, it still tends to drain faster when i am actually using it (text, IG, FB, etc... i dont use it for games) which is probably a given.. but standby looks to be about 1 or 2% every few hours... i do know that i had taken it off the charger and about an hr & a half later it dropped to 99% and stood on 99% for a few hours until i used it again.. and also only dropped 1% overnight so i guess the battery life is fine... I cleared my cache partition and did notice when I shut my phone off it was at 79% and when i rebooted it, it was at 82% but quickly dropped to 81%.

I've never really understood why that happens when the phone is rebooted, why does the battery % tend to shift.

GrandMaster

go one step back from the instructions you posted and go into app notifications. are you wanting to hide the content but allow the notification to pop up or are you wanting a different notification to pop up? with handcent its showing the correct notifications (colored envelopes or whichever i chose for each contact) so not sure which youre looking to do.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

i havent ran across the % shift but im also running a M7 and soon to be Flex 2..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

What you need to realize is that a reboot is a "process" that makes the computer within do what you've told it to do, in this case your command was REBOOT. I'm not sure which of my previous phones did this, but a reboot on that particular phone caused about a 5% drop on available battery every time it was rebooted. So in your case of 1%, this is minimal.

Master

But he's saying battery Increase, not Decrease.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I stand corrected. I missed it by that much.

Journeyman

on day 2, definitely screen on time has changed and it seems like standby has changed as well... so idk

Journeyman

at this point, I hv about 33% battery (single charge), 1 day 3 hrs 12 mins & 3hrs 32 mins screen on time.. which seems to have drastically changed a lot since the lollipop update... and this is actually with 3g/4g off, limited wifi usage... any thoughts?

Master

I'm missing the question, are you saying it's good or not good?

--

Journeyman

its not that good.. ive definitely lost some screen on time and standby time with the new lollipop update... the last time i did a battery check, im assuming maybe the settings or whatever didnt kick in yet because i was getting about 2 days battery and today i did not... or maybe it could be the other battery.. i did change my battery to another samsung battery i had, and definitely noticed the change

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat