Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GALAXY NOTE 4 DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE!! BATTERY LIFE IS AWFUL

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

GALAXY NOTE 4 DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE!! BATTERY LIFE IS AWFUL

im really regretting getting this phone 100%. i visited my local Sprint store and was insulted by the case i had on (im assuming because they wanted me to buy one of their highly priced ones), when i asked the tech about my battery life and the heating up issue, i was told "oh thats not warm".. then i went on the still gripe about the battery & was told the NOTE 4 WOULD NOT get better battery life.. if anything it would be worse because of the screen and the beefed up processor, etc. [inappropriate word removed] SPRINT!!! so now the phone battery isnt going to be better like advertised?

I did go ahead and complain about the hairline dent i found on my phone and was sent out a new one overnight which will arrive on Monday. I'm hoping that maybe i just received a bad device and i wont have these issues with the new device. if in fact i do, i will be returning this piece of jumk right away!!!! please find my screenshots below

Screenshot_2014-10-19-22-25-51.pngScreenshot_2014-10-19-22-25-55.pngScreenshot_2014-10-19-22-26-01.pngScreenshot_2014-10-19-22-26-20.png

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines.

39 REPLIES 39
Highlighted
Master

cpstaley1029 - Keep us updated on your replacement. Please let us know How we can further assist you. - Joanne
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

And thats just not true. I use my note 4 all day every day, this device replaced my note2 that barely got through the day. After one week of having the note4 i end the day with 75 percent of my battery left. I make many calls and surf the web as well as play games through out the day. Simply amazing it lasts so long. Phone auto checks my email accounts every 30 minutes all day (3 accounts). I may not be a huge power user but i am not easy on it and it i keep my screen brightness at max.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I guess.. but look at these.. i know its still early in my "battery life" but i didnt even use the phone and in 1hr it dropped to 99%... is that normal? i dont mean to be a pain in the butt.. i just want to make sure my device is running as it should.

Screenshot_2014-10-21-23-43-00.pngScreenshot_2014-10-21-23-43-03.pngScreenshot_2014-10-21-23-43-08.pngScreenshot_2014-10-21-23-43-14.png

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes that is normal depending on what you have running in the background. The note 4 battery life is amazing compared to most other devices.

Try an iPhone 5s or older for awhile if you want to see really short battery life, those things seem like they need an extension cord to run. (Can't speak on the 6 yet as I haven't used it to compare but time will tell)

Highlighted
Journeyman

oh ok.. it was just odd to me that i wasnt using my phone at all for the entire hr+ and my battery still drained...

also this morning, i am at 11 hrs+ standby time (basically the whole night it was on standby) and i am at 96% (actually 95% now after answering a text message notification).. so i guess its ok, again not really sure. i closed all my apps but there are still apps, im sure, in the RAM that are always automatically running. my RAM seems a bit on the high side as well. is that normal?

I was using clean master but i read that i should uninstall that app ASAP because it doesnt really help. I always use greenify to hibernate apps as well.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is this guy serious???

From what hes showing it looks to me like this thing is getting AWESOME battery life. What are you smoking????

Your battery stats look great!! This isnt a flip phone that does nothing, this is a PC in your pocket.

Highlighted
Master

cpstaley1029,

I would say that is pretty good considering that you may have some other apps that may be running in the back ground. Let me know if you have any other questions.

- Paida
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

hypnotic2010,

Thanks for your feedback. Let me know if you have any questions that I can assist you with.

- Paida
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

Timbo134 Hey there. If you need assistance, let me know. I'm here to help. - EricaSprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

All Lithium based batteries have a break-in period. You need to charge the battery to 100% before you turn it on for the first time, as it says that in the instructions for a good reason. It then takes a battery 10-12 full depletion/charge cycles to achieve it's maximum capacity to hold a charge and most efficiently discharge through use. It is part of the chemical process, (you can Google it if you're that interested in Lithium chemistry). Do not, I repeat, do not recharge your battery until it's total discharged 10-12 times. Most people plug it in after it still has a 20% charge. Resist the urge to do that for 10-12 cycles. From that point on, you can recharge your battery anytime you want because the chemical process has already maximized it's capacity and efficiency. The battery will give you great service from that point on. also much of the heat you experienced comes from the Lithium chemistry in the battery as heavy initial use causes the discharge cycle to speed up. This also happens if you have ever experienced a battery gone bad months after owning a phone. Lithium chemistry inherently generate heat.

If like  'most impatient, can't wait for my new phone, pseudo-techie, whack-jobs', you already screwed up the process and recharged the battery 20 times on short cycles, you are F******D. You will need a new battery in about 6 months because it capacity will really suck by then. Have a nice day. by: Owner of a Note 4 that works like a charm. CalTech Computer Science, PhD.

Highlighted
Master

I personally think you have a great battery life. you would have an issue if in 1 hr your battery goes down to 80-70% (if you are not using it a lot). Keep in mind if you use screen mirroring or play heavy games, you will see fast draining and that is normal.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

oh ok. well great lol.. i thought that wasnt normal butim glad to know its normal.. im actually at only 86% and almost a day on this charge so thats definitely GREAT!

so what does screen time actually mean?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat