cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 4 GAPGATE?!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy Note 4 GAPGATE?!

will sprint replace phones that have this gap?

i will surely return my note 4 if it has a gap.. these gaps look big and honestly, i cant get any card or paper through my note 3 at all... so that bologna about the same gap being in the note 3 isnt true at all.. and i still have my gs4 which some ppl have also said have a gap but mine does not...

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Re: Galaxy Note 4 GAPGATE?!

cpstaley1029 - Thank you for posting. As a Sprint customer, once you purchase a new device, you will have 14 days to return the phone for any reason, as long as the device has no physical or water damage. - Kevin
Sprint Social Care
Master

I hope that is an issue that is with a specific batch of phone. None of the phones I  had from Samsung had that issues. I hope the phones we will get have no issues like that lol

Message was edited by: Dj_Damjano

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

I think my note 3 may have a slight gap at the top.. maybe.. but i dont think so.. if it does, i surely cannot tell at all. i heard its in the user manuals about the gaps for the bezels but i cannot confirm that either as i never read the manuals so...

as long as it can be returned, i guess thats fine to a point.... i can always get a different handset or wait for another to come out or a batch that dont hv any gaps.

well hopefully its isolated only international.. maybe thats another reason they rushed international release.. just in case there were kinks to iron out. hopefully, none of the US variants will have this "gapgate" issue

Master

cpstaley1029, If there is anything I can assist you with, let me know. I am here to help. - Lori
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

Folks are making this a bit more than it needs to be. For starters...

1-The gap in Samsung phones is nothing new. Its a design feature.

The manual does state the following..."This gap is a necessary manufacturing feature and some minor rocking or vibration of part may occur. Over time, friction between parts may cause this gap to expand slightly."

2-The gap is hardly noticeable. Go to any store that has the Note 4 on display be it Best Buy or Sprint and you cannot see or even tell there is a gap.

3-This gap (if you can even call it that) appears in previous Samsung phones. In fact on my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Mega, I can't see a gap, but if I take a sheet of paper I can insert it between the glass and the rim (and that's with a bit of trying) it does not go in so easily.

Now folks need to remember that the original story of this so called gap appeared in Korea with one photo by guess who, an iPhone user. The photo appeared shortly after the bend quality issues of the iPhones. That one photo quickly went viral and other folks started to try to insert paper in the sides as well as force insert credit cards. And here we are at present with a gapgate. But the fact of the matter is that hardly noticeable gap as they say has been there all along and has been documented in previous manuals as well.

So I consider this gap issue nothing to worry about.

TS

Master

SA_twospirits:

Thank you for contributing valued and accurate information to the thread. Let us know if there are any questions or concerns we can address for you.

Have a great weekend,

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat