Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 4 NK2 software update

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy Note 4 NK2 software update

last night i got an alert to download a software update. I actually thought it was lollipop 5.0 so i went ahead and installed it. Now i am reading around that this update was also pushed through for the HTC M8 and is causing major battery drain. It seems like the battery life will be ok for a few days, start draining & go back to normal but this patterns repeats and repeats. Unfortunately, there isnt a way for me to uninstall the new update. It is said to come with some type of software called ItsOn.

can anyone confirm this? I cant even find any type of information on Samsung's website, Sprint's website or a simple google search.

19 REPLIES 19
Wizard

Re: Galaxy Note 4 NK2 software update

http://mobile.pcmag.com/?origref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F#!/article/53c66977ec0691bc5d00003f

Sounds like they are trying to push it to ALL the phones. The battery drain is a known issue on the M8 but you can not get rid of it unless you root your phone. What in the world is Sprint thinking!

Master

cpstaley1029

Sometimes the software updates can change your settings. Check your brightness settings and your background application settings to make sure they are set up to save your battery. Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Tevin

Sprint Social Care

Wizard

Tevin: This has NOTHING to do with system settings. This is a app called ItsOn, which is a Sprint app, that has known issues with draining your battery.

Master

Katt50,

Thank you for reaching out. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I'm happy to help. Have you had the device checked out in a service and repair location? They may be able to re-flash the device back to the previous software.

- Laura
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

Laura, please do some research on Android. You are unable to return to a previous version of Android unless you root your device. There's nothing that a store can do. Please answer the question because there is problems with the ItsOn app draining batter. This is a Sprint app, not from the manufacturer.

Journeyman

I'd like to know what, if anything, does this ItsOn app do for those of us on a plan other than prepaid, that is besides drain the battery? Is it used for our billing?

<Note that I'm using the info off the article linked in Katt50's one response for the basis that it could be our billing app>

Message was edited by: Deltawaterbravo94

Master

Katt50 - I apologize for any misunderstanding in regards to this matter. Have you tried to force stop the app then reboot the phone by pressing and holding the power button and selecting restart? If not, please give this a try and keep me posted. - Kareem
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Screenshot_2014-12-11-19-08-15[1].jpg

Journeyman

Reply box took my description out...The screenshot above shown in the app manager on a Note 4. I have no options except the notification checkbox.

Master

Deltawaterbravo94

The ItsOn app runs in the background of your device and does not allow you to turn the feature off. However, we do not send out updates for devices, that is done by the manufacturer. It would be best to contact the manufacturer as they may be able to further assist you with the features of the app.

- Agnes
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I just realized this is on my phone too, it doesnt show up in the actual battery portion but i do see it in all apps...

not sure if it has always been there as i never knew to look for it previously. i havent really noticed any more battery drain than normal or maybe its never been normal. usually i can get a least a 2 days battery if i dont use 3g, keep all my apps closed, brightness on low, etc.... im sure if i had mobile data on that would cut more than half or more.

I did notice after the update, i went about 10 hrs with my battery on 100% and idle before it dropped to 99% BUT today around mid afternoon, when the battery was about 85% or so, i did notice the battery seemed to start draining awfully fast.

so far right now i have had the phone on (on single battery charge) for 1 day 22 hrs with 4 hrs 21 mins screen time, is that normal or not? Im sorry to say that the sprint reps dont know NOTHING!!! im starting to think its bot accounts answering or something because 99% of the time, the answers given have and make no logical or technical sense. I know more about my device that Sprint does

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat