Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 4 battery drain & heating up after 2 minutes of usage

Journeyman

Galaxy Note 4 battery drain & heating up after 2 minutes of usage

i have noticed that my brand new GN4 is heating up easily. i dont have to be running any app in particular.. i could simply just go into setting to check my battery or unlock my phone to check a text and text back.. and i am noticing the phone getting warm with very minimal usage.. is that normal?

my galaxy note 3 only got warm after long time use.. and the battery drain on the note 4 is awful! i literally used the phone for 4-5 minutes and lost 6% battery (or so). definitely thinking about going back to my note 3 because this isnt work out so far

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Master

Re: Galaxy Note 4 battery drain & heating up after 2 minutes of usage

cpstaley1029, This is very frustrating, I'm sorry to hear this. How long has it been since you've had this device? Have you recently taken the device into a service and repair store to be diagnosed?

- Ash
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Galaxy Note 4 battery drain & heating up after 2 minutes of usage

Hi CP Staley...My own Note 4 arrives Monday.

I answered a similar post with my reply below. See Samsung Galaxy Note 4: Real Reviews/Issues/Problems From Sprint Subscribers

to keep updated regarding the Note 4.

I can provide some comparison for you since I've been using the LG G3 for more than a month now. The LG G3 also gets very warm.

I also have the Note 3.

I use my LG G3 24/7. With a fair amount of use, I can squeeze 4 good hours outta the phone.

I really wish there wasn't this ultra max resolution push in power smartphones because realistically it's not a very good trade off with looks versus battery life and heat.

The LG actually throttles down the screen brightness due to heat... and there is less heat and battery issues with the Awesome Note 3 than the latest high resolution offerings.

Because of your post and what I'm reading elsewhere... the Note 4 will have similar issues regarding battery heat and charge times (depending on screen brightness and use) as the LG G3.

Yet... I knew this... expected this... and (smile), pre ordered the Note 4 anyway.

But from what you have relayed... the Note 4 is doing better than the LG G3 in that respect.

Also, batteries have been known to do poorly at first, then perform better a bit done the road (from what I've read of others). Plus... initial use and app installs... etc... might cause initial heat and battery drain to be non reflective of real world use outcomes. Hopefully.

But you are not alone with this complaint. I hope it gets better for you.

John

Samsung Galaxy Note 4: Real Reviews/Issues/Problems From Sprint Subscribers

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat