cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 4 preorder #FAIL

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy Note 4 preorder #FAIL

I received my note 4 early, which was GREAT!.. but upon inspecting my device, i noticed that there is a hairline dent in the upper bezel of the phone!!!! so this phone was in fact not new SMH

i will never preorder again!!! and another thing... the whole rapid charging this is a load of crap! my phone was on the charger for over an hr and still isnt at 100% (its currently at 90%)... this phone is turning out to be the WORST!!!!

14 REPLIES 14
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Note 4 preorder #FAIL

That sucks! Seems as if you got a faulty one. Mine has been fine. It charged really fast with no problem.

Wizard

It is my understanding that the rapid charger will charge your phone from 0 to 50% in 30 minutes but after that it will still take up to an hour or 1 hour 10 minutes to fully reach 100%.

As for the hair line dent, it would be helpful if you can take a picture of it since I've never seen a hairline dent before.

Not only would it help us to see how bad it is, but also give you proof in case of a warranty exchange/replacement, etc etc. Although I doubt any exchange would happen. Regardless, on a new phone any dent would upset me too.

As for never pre-ordering again, that is your decision, but remember, having a device with a hairline dent can happen on a pre-ordered device or one bought in the store.

TS

Master

Cpstaley1029 – I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with your new phone. If there is any damage on the phone due to shipping or manufacturer defects you may want to request a replacement. –AJ Sprint Social Care
Wizard

Hi SA Two Spirits...

Re: As for the hair line dent, it would be helpful if you can take a picture of it since I've never seen a hairline dent before.

_ You've obviously never seen my hair-doo in the morning. Dented all over the place... mostly at the hairline.

I'll be reviewing the Note 4 for issues as I did the Note 3.

Hope the initial issues with the Note 3 aren't present I the early Note 4.

John

https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/877476#877476

Master

John032060 - Thank you for posting. If you have any questions or concerns in regards to any Sprint plans or services please let me know and I will do my best to assist you. - Kareem
Sprint Social Care
Master

I don't think there is an issue with the phone.

As Far as Rapid Charge, there is an option under power saving setting. Make sure it is checked.

Also, as stated from SA_twospirits , 50% for 30 min does not mean the other 50% will be charged in 30 min, the rest will charge for maybe another hour. So from 0 - 100% might take 1.5-2hrs ( I have not measured it).

For the hair dent, during manufacturing of the device, accidents might happen and maybe that phone felt through the cracks and was not taken of the line. Not sure if by going to a Sprint store, they might help you.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Wizard

Dj_Damjano wrote:

I believe it was phonearena that tested it and it was 1 hour and 10 minutes to fully charge the device to 100%, but 50% in 30 minutes.

TS

Master

nice lol My phone gets charged only when I sleep so I never payed attention to it lol

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

do you let your phone charge all through the night? isnt it bad to have the phone on the charger after is reaches 100%?

Journeyman

All Lithium based batteries have a break-in period. You need to charge the battery to 100% before you turn it on for the first time, as it says that in the instructions for a good reason. It then takes a battery 10-12 full depletion/charge cycles to achieve it's maximum capacity to hold a charge and most efficiently discharge through use. It is part of the chemical process, (you can Google it if you're that interested in Lithium chemistry). Do not, I repeat, do not recharge your battery until it's total discharged 10-12 times. Most people plug it in after it still has a 20% charge. Resist the urge to do that for 10-12 cycles. From that point on, you can recharge your battery anytime you want because the chemical process has already maximized it's capacity and efficiency. The battery will give you great service from that point on. also much of the heat you experienced comes from the Lithium chemistry in the battery as heavy initial use causes the discharge cycle to speed up. This also happens if you have ever experienced a battery gone bad months after owning a phone. Lithium chemistry inherently generate heat.

If like  'most impatient, can't wait for my new phone, pseudo-techie, whack-jobs', you already screwed up the process and recharged the battery 20 times on short cycles, you are F******D. You will need a new battery in about 6 months because it capacity will really suck by then. Have a nice day. by: Owner of a Note 4 that works like a charm. CalTech Computer Science, PhD.

Journeyman

I was another one who had pre-order problems. Picked up my Note 4 on Friday and the screen died by Sunday afternoon - less than 36 hours after setting up the phone!!! And no replacements available at any nearby stores. Anyone else have this screen problem? I hear its a circuit board short issue... Freaky because the phone charges and I can hear all the alerts, rings, beeps, etc. - just a black screen!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat