cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is reception/service better than on Note 2?

Master

Re: Is reception/service better than on Note 2?

Deltawaterbravo94  I think you are talking about HD voice calls, in order to have an HD conversation, both parties need to have an HD compatible phone.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Master

diagoro can you post your zip and cross street? I'm sure they might be able to check if there are any issues in your area.

It does seem a network issue. Also, while at home, do you use WiFi calling?

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Wizard

I've never used WiFi calling, and to be honest, would much prefer that the basic "act of making a clear phone call" work regardless of where I am. I shouldn't have to rely on being connected to WiFi......

And a greater point. This is the same thing as the network related call boxes Sprint will sell/give you for your home to make proper calls. Rather than fix the network and offer proper service, they want customers to rely on using their own network (that the customer pays for) to get clear service. I realize all the providers have done this to some degree, but it seems to be more of an issue with Sprint and their towers.

I would be happy to add my zip, but to be honest. I've had at least five reps look into my area. I am either told "we're in the process of upgrading, please be patient with us" or "the towers in your area look good". I actually spoke with someone in management about this last Friday, and was told the later, that all 5 towers in my area show a strong signal......though it could be that I'm near a freeway and none of the towers are strong enough to handle an overflow of traffic. I've come across this before, normally in a stadium setting, where everyone around me can use their phone, but I'm forced to shut mine off because the lack of signal is killing the battery.

I'm open to the possibility that 'one' of the issues is my phone, and that an upgrade will solve some of my issues. BUT....I'm not signing a new contract on a whim and a half promise. That's why I was hoping to get feedback from others who might have made a similar upgrade.

Master

I'm not saying you need to use WiFi calling while around the city since you should not depend in it. Sprint has admitted that their signal is very weak inside buildings (part due to the frequencies they have) and that is why they give away Airaves for inhome service coverage and rolled out WiFi calling since last year.

On the other hand, I think I misunderstood you. U currently have the Note2 correct? So WiFi calling will not work for you since your phone does not support it, I thought you already got the note 4.

My best suggestion for you is to get the Note 4 and try it for a week or 2, if you see that the service is the same or worst (I hope not lol), just return it. As long as you return it within 14 days, you should not be charged anything and your discount will still be available for you to use again.

I would suggest to go to a Sprint store and ask them to take care of the activation fee (they should be able to do that). Make sure that it will not be a restocking fee involved if you decide to return the new phone.

it will be best if you write down ppls names, just in case .

Wizard

Yes, I currently have the Note 2.

I'm not at all confident that I could get a proper refund and have my upgrade status renewed. It's just much easier to find out before hand, rather than risk a major go-round with Sprint CS. Just read all the threads here of similar issues....

Master

oh as far as the credit, I know for sure that it will reset back. I'm not sure for the restocking fee if they will charge you or not.

That is why I suggest you to go and talk to a store rep, make sure it is a corporate Store and not a 3rd party (they might look the same).

Wizard

I've lost a great deal of trust, and the posts are here to prove that I'm not alone. There are other issues I've experienced, and really don't want to add something else to the mix. As for the stores, they seem to be the least trustworthy, and will say most anything to sell something.

I'm quite happy waiting, and doing some research. Otherwise I'll just wait and work out my options.

Master

Deltawaterbravo94 -

Thank you for reaching out to us. We have checked into the areas provided and were unable to find any outages. Have you tried updating your profile via the Sprint Zone app? Please keep us updated.

- Clyde

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Thanks, Clyde, but I'm thinking there's a bit of a misunderstanding. I included my zip as an example when answering the post not that I'm having issues. My service here is fine but thanks for checking.

Journeyman

Yes that what I was referring to. Thanks for reminding me it's only mobile to mobile on properly equipped devices.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Even if the Note 4 isn't the best reception phone Sprint has (there's debate on that, the Nexus 5 being one of the best) you'll get better reception for two reasons:

- 800MHz voice.  The Note II had problems on some handsets with this so the Note II actually has a special PRL blocking the 800MHz band from being used.

- Band 26 800MHz LTE.  Note II didn't support it at all.

800MHz works better in buildings vs. 1900 voice/LTE.

Note II was an LTE phone, not Wimax.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat