ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is reception/service better than on Note 2?

Wizard

Is reception/service better than on Note 2?

I realize only a few of you may have made the jump from the Note 2 (which I currently have).

I'm have numerous issues with reception, call quality and data speeds. I've always assumed it was the service itself. Call quality has always been poor, with uneven and unclear audio. Data speeds are another beast. Some areas I have great service, but at home and most areas I travel to, it's extremely uneven or poor. Especially if I'm indoors, such as a restaurant, friend's home, etc.

Just wondering if anyone else had any improvements after upgrading. I currently don't have the option of switching to another carrier, but am beyond frustrated with paying for half the service I should be getting. Tired of seeing friends share content and use their devices, when most the time I can barely get a signal.

Your thoughts would be most appreciated.

22 REPLIES 22
Master

Re: Is reception/service better than on Note 2?

Note 2 and Note 4 are very different, especially the antennas in them (for the note 4 only 1 antenna).

It all depends on the area you are at, If you had 4G with your note 2, that means your area was not upgraded yet to LTE, since note 2 works on WiMax and sprint is decommissioning that.

Please share your zip code and a cross street so they can check on towers if they are being upgraded.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Master

diagoro, I know that this may be troubling. I'd like to look into a few things. May I have the nearest cross streets and zip code to the problem area please? - Vanessa
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

DJ.....the phone actually has 3G/4G LTE, not Wimax.

And while I appreciate both of you offering to "check on my area", if gone over this far too many times. I generally get a "everything looks good in your area", even though I average 3mb/s (while at work I can get 25mb/s).

It doesn't really answer my question though.

Master

Note 2 does not support LTE only WiMax

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Wizard

You can see the specs here......

General2G NetworkGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SCH-I605, SPH-L900
CDMA 800 / 1900 - SCH-I605, SPH-L900, SCH-R950
3G NetworkHSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 - SCH-I605, SPH-L900
CDMA2000 1xEV-DO - SCH-I605, SPH-L900, SCH-R950
4G NetworkLTE 700 MHz Class 13 - SCH-I605, SCH-R950
LTE 1900 - SPH-L900

Samsung Galaxy Note II CDMA - Full phone specifications

Master

I might be wrong, looking at those specs you are right. I remember using my Note 2 under Wimax.

Did not know that a WiMax antenna works on LTE also.

Master

diagoro, Generally, we ask for the cross streets to give you updated information on your area. We are constantly upgrading our towers for better service so we want to keep you updated. - Currie Sprint Social Care
Master

diagoro -

Please let us know if you need any assistance, we are available.

- Cher
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

First, I hope this helps, but note (pun not intended) I've recently switched to Sprint and the Note 4 coming from Verizon and the Note 3.

Compared to the Note 3, calls are stronger and clearer always and not just when I'm doing

Wi-Fi calls. Bring upfront, the signal meter in my area is mostly showing 2-4 bars. My home areas are 17236 & 17225 zipcodes. I like the Note 4 as it's a definite upgrade from Note 3, so even more for you jumping from Note 2. Better screen, camera, & fast charge battery will be welcome additions for you. Final thought on calling, Sprint has enhanced calling via cellular. (Sorry, I've forgotten the name of that feature)

Journeyman

Sorry, a typo

"Bring upfront, the signal..."

should be BEING upfront...

Wizard

I don't know about any "enhanced calling via cellular", unless it's either something new, or device specific. I generally have a hard time hearing people, or them hearing me. It really defeats the point of a 'phone' for a phone's sake. And while I agree that it would be a general upgrade, I'm not signing a new contract without knowing if this really helps or not.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat