cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Lollipop update

Journeyman

Issues with Lollipop update

I can't find much online so I'm just wanting to know if anyone else is having issues on Lollipop? My phone upgraded this last week and I've just been seeing small issues here and there that are starting to get annoying, even after updating all the apps.

1) My "Contacts" icon was gone from the screen but I still saw the "Contacts" (the actual word) and could click on it. After a restart, I saw the icon again. Same thing happened to my "Messages" app (these are the stock apps) but this one would not fix itself after a restart. I had to reset the cache partition for it to come back up. Once again, for no reason, it is gone.

2) Links clicked from any of my emails in my stock email apps (the standard "Email" app and the "Gmail" app) open up the standard "Internet" app with a "Unfortunately, Internet has stopped." I haven't been able to open a link from an email since the update without copying the url and pasting it into a browser.

3) Just slow to react sometimes. My phone used to run smoothly, now it freezes for a couple of seconds on me, it just is not smooth anymore. I am trying to avoid a wipe to see if it solves this. I shouldn't have to wipe my phone after an update.

Is anyone else having issues like this? It is really getting annoying.

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Issues with Lollipop update

@

Journeyman

I have not seen those problems yet.  My issue is that my battery life has gone to about 7 hours.  I've tried many of the suggestions seen on the internet including a hard reset, but nothing is working to resolve my problem.

Journeyman

I too have very recently experienced your number 3 issue, lag and worse app crashing. My browser is affected and a number of apps fail to open.

Journeyman

I haven't figured out a solution to the lag and the app crashing The  other two I sort of fixed. Where does yours lag on? Mine lags quite a bit after entering my passcode, opening an app, closing out of an app is just slow. I always make sure I don't have any apps open too because I think it contributes to the lag but NOPE. Usually have nothing else running when it lags that way.

Journeyman

I had tried deleting my cache but I did it finally for certain apps like the internet app and it helped but the lag and app crashing has not changed.

Journeyman

Example 1 is LinkedIn: click to enter, delay of 1-2 minutes while screen shows blue & logo, then it progresses to all black. At that point, it freezes and crashes, my back and home keys are unresponsive (where I'll likely need to tap the power button to lock phone and then have to unlock it) and it will trigger the crashed app screen with options to report or OK.

Other apps such as various news and sports apps have loading lag that didn't exist a few days ago.

Example 2 is accessing a web page: click on browser, wait for it to load, wait more then it slowly transitions. Pages load slowly.

I've not noticed it getting better by clearing app cache. I'll state this issue manifested itself from Friday the 27th on.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Another issue I've got is that phone will not connect to cellular service if I manually turn off Wi-Fi while Wi-Fi call was on also. I have to airplane toggle to get cellular.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat