cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed calls and delayed texts Note 4

Highlighted
Journeyman

Missed calls and delayed texts Note 4

Admin may move this if needed, but my search didn't find another like this.

Scenario: Note 4 sometimes has incoming calls that go direct to voicemail, no ringing or other notification on my side, with the phone idle but turned on and connected to the cell network. Also, some texts are delayed several minutes before notification on the standard text app with time stamp equal to arrival, but these same texts arrive immediately on my Google voice app with that time's time stamp which is several minutes before the standard app's reporting time, again only occasionally. Neither happen all the time, call these completely random as there's no pattern I'm finding. And then I've got 2 friends with other phones on Sprint that noticed the call issue but as they don't use Google voice for texts as I do, they didn't notice any text delays. One of these friends has an Android phone, N/A on model, and the other has Windows Sammy Ativ Neo. The Windows phone friend was told by Maugansville, MD Sprint store rep to disable call forwarding via a call to *720 Send. That supposedly fixed his issue. He had me try it, but as the issue is random, I cannot state that fixed it or not. I'd read about similar issues over the years, I'm thinking the most recent being the Nexus 6.

Question: Anybody else have this or similar issue? Any pattern noticed? Any solution? I'm unemployed and need recruiters to contact me, so it's very important to receive all these wanted calls. And unfortunately, no this is not a new issue as I've seen others in the past report in the forum missed calls. So, bring on the feedback. Thanks.

PS: I called Sprint about the calling issue last week. I was told it was a tower upgrade issue. A few days prior to that was when my friend was told his phone was forwarding all calls. His phone was in fact not forwarding ALL calls, as I could sometimes call and he'd get the call and sometimes it would not. Example: on a Sat. AM I called him 3x and it went direct to voicemail. I called very shortly after that 3rd call and he answered. His call log did not show my previous call attempts, nor was he notified of any activity whatsoever.

Message was edited by: Deltawaterbravo94 10:01 AM Eastern time

Message was edited by: Deltawaterbravo94

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Re: Missed calls and delayed texts Note 4

Deltawaterbravo94 Sorry to hear about the issues that you are experiencing with your device. Have you tried taking the device into your local Sprint repair store to have the phone looked at physically by the technicians?

Mirleine

Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

No, this Note4 has not been looked at by a repair center. I now have the white Note4 that was insurance claim swapped at Sprint Chambersburg 2 weeks ago.

Also, please take notice that other users on other devices on their own plans have the same missed call issue. That signifies an issue with more than my phone, its settings, or any other item specific to me, my plan or my phone. I'm offering an apology if I'm coming across as anything negative, but I'm no longer interested in hearing excuses of it's the phone, it's network updates or it's a phone setting, or any such thing. Just fix it. It's gotta be the Sprint network in some way due to the fact that I know of 2 others with the phone issue personally, and it's not needing system upgrades as it affects Android and Windows based phones.

Master

Deltawaterbravo94 May I suggest taking the device in to have it looked at physically by the technicians and keep us updated.

Mirleine

Sprint Social Care
Master

I have seen this issue with other devices and the common thing they have is the GV integration with your Sprint account. Not sure how and why, but that has created many headaches for many ppl.

I would strongly suggest to test it out, uninstall GV and try using WiFi calling instead, that way you can get calls and txt.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Thanks, dj. I'll try that and update when info is available.

Journeyman

I have a note 4 and my wife has a note 3 and the text issue are as follows:

1. Group text are getting stuck pending or repeat an unbelievable embarrassing  amount of times (ie.. 28 times yesterday.)

2. Pictures from text just get stuck pending download being unable to download.

3. Several text just never go to the recipient, even though they show as sent.

4. When calling one of my device it will ring once and then go blank.

5. When the group messages go crazy they can completely drain the battery within 2 hours. Soft reset or erasing group text does not stop this either.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat