ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data toggle

Journeyman

Mobile Data toggle

A while ago, back on the kitkat upgrade (maybe sooner), the mobile data toggle was removed so you would have to go into setting and turn it on there... but there were 3rd party apps such as Power Toggles that took care of that issue... but now with the lollipop update 5.0.1, users are no longer able to use 3rd party apps to toggle mobile data. this was also helpful when using apps such as textra or chompsms for send MMS but now that feature also does not work since 3rd party apps have been disabled from automatically toggling mobile data. is there a fix other than root?

6 REPLIES 6
GrandMaster

Re: Mobile Data toggle

more than likely they'll just need to get a update to those 3rd party toggles to get this back. the apps are probably no longer compatible.

im lost on how this helped with texting apps though. explain

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

well, chompsms & textra would automatically toggle on when sending MMS messages so users didnt have to actually turn on mobile data manually, makes sense?

Master

cpstaley1029, I apologize for any inconvenience the lollipop update has caused. We are unable to find a resolution when it comes to third-party applications. You can try updating the applications or uninstalling and reinstalling.

- Crystal
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

ok gotcha. im one of the unlimited customers so turning off data didnt make much sense to me to begin with lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I usually shut off data to save battery life since i dont necessarily need it on since i can 9/10 use wifi... i only use it when im away from my home and sometimes then, i would have it off unless i really needed it lol so having a mobile data toggle was AWESOME for me.

Data usually tends to use A LOT of battery IMO

GrandMaster

meh..as long as youre connected to wifi keeping the data on shouldnt matter to much. my home is just outside of the reach of decent reception so while im at home connected to wifi/data still on im still doing the same battery life wise as i would with it turned off and wifi only turned on. had to do this randomly before due to the closest tower being down..for whatever reason my M7 would drop my wifi signal when the phone switched from having reception to roaming back and forth..so to fix this i turned off data and kept wifi on...problem solved until the tower was back up and working.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat