cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 4 Post Marshmallow update SPECIFIC issues

Journeyman

Note 4 Post Marshmallow update SPECIFIC issues

Hello all! I have 3 specific issues post-MM update that I would like help with. This thread is specific to POST FACTORY RESET issues on STABLE PHONES.

1. SD Card notification after reboot. Yes. I know I have an SD card inserted. I don't need to be told every few days. It hasn't changed.
    1. Items Tried: SD Card full format changed from notificationsSmiley Surprisedften to notificationsSmiley SurprisednlyAfterReboot.
  2. On Body Detection. Before the update, On Body worked like a charm. Afterwards, works hardly ever. Figure the issue is something like "Device stores information about what it considers to be "on body" which the new update isn't reading.
  3. Fingerprint reader for Android Pay. Android Pay before:swipeFingerForResults. Android Pay after:mustUsePassword. This is flipping annoying to put in every time just to buy a pack of gum at the local gas n' go.

I realize none of these issues are necessarily Sprint related (except perhaps the SD Card issue), but wanted to float them to see if any other users had similar problems/solutions.

Tags (2)
22 REPLIES 22
Journeyman

Re: Note 4 Post Marshmallow update SPECIFIC issues

Suspect On-Body uses proximity sensor on phone and something somewhere has turned it off (althoughthe diagnostic check *#7353* shows the sensor is working)

Journeyman

The backup password for Android Pay is annoying. It also affects the security verification for smart unlock. I just checked and PD1 firmware is now available. I'll see if this fixes the fingerprint disconnect.

GrandMaster

you might be able to go into your security settings and set android pay to not be affected by the lock screen. i have a few apps on my M9 that are set up that way so i dont have to worry about unlocking my phone to use them.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I think that's a specific HTC feature. I think the fingerprint sensor disconnect on the Note 4 has been fixed in the PD1 update. I tried setting a Bluetooth device with smart locl and it now prompts for fingerprint instead of the backup password. I'm going to try Android pay today

GrandMaster

that feature should be through the OS itself and not phone specific. i had it set up this way with my LG Flex 2 as well.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

OH SNAP! Wait for it... WAit for it... Negative didn't go in. 1) AP still asking for backup password. Going to try FR to see if that helps, but I'm doubtful. 2) On body detection APPEARS to be working appropriately. I'm going to let it go for a few days to confirm that. 3) Annoying SD Card message still appears after reboot. 1 out of three ain't bad... Kudos to Sprint to quickly release a patch fix, but this only barely helped my particular problems. RELATED: Anyone know where to find the bug list for this release/The upcoming suggested fixes for later?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nothing like that on the Note 4 6.0 under settings>security

Still can't use fingerprint to make play store purchases though

GrandMaster

huh. give me a bit and i'll dig through my phone to see what it was actually under..if im remembering right it wasnt easy to find..but with the recent changes with MM it might have been removed or its now under some weird setting.

Journeyman

Well that sucks. Did you try AP without on body detection? On 5.1.1 AP required 2 steps with smart lock on

Journeyman

I think on my N4 it's called "Application Notifications." The issue here however is we want the lock screen to (effectively) override the request for password by the App. The app is set to show notifications, and if I click on that notification It launches the AP app. Current best guess: With MM's latest permissions strategy (allow this, deny that), AP doesn't have a "Detect Security" or "Control FP Reader" permission (not sure exactly what it would be called, but you get the idea).

Journeyman

"Well that sucks. Did you try AP without on body detection? On 5.1.1 AP required 2 steps with smart lock on"

5.1.1 didn't allow on-body to override its security protocols. Even with on-body on, it would still require a FP (and a password if I failed the FP too many times). So I wasn't expecting on-body to override it here either (although that MIGHT be a cool feature- goods and bads to that one). About to start the FR process (Yippee!) for giggles to see if that helps. But I was waiting to see if anyone knows where the bug list is on Sprint. Any ideas?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat