cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 4 White Cost vs. Black Note 4

Master

Re: Note 4 White Cost vs. Black Note 4

SA_twospirits

What's going on? How can I help? Let me know.

Thanks,

Pamela
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

Try as I may, I simply can't figure out why the white one would be $24 more than the black one. Granted, the White Note 3 was more popular and sold more than the black one but this is the first time I hear that any carrier or manufacturer will charge more for one color for that reason. 

Things that make you go hmmmm.

TS

Master

hmmmm, I did not know that the white sold more than the black one. thx, I learned something today lol.

Still confused on the price difference...

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

HEY SPRINTCARE....WHY IS THERE A PRICE DIFFERENCE?

Master

I don't think SprintCare can help with that, I'm sure it is a PR issue.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

I know....its just funny how they act all concerned about your complaints but never answer a single question

Wizard

Like in any company online discussion forum, online reps can only help with stuff that they can or know about. A price difference between a white colored device and a black colored device is something they will not know unless a notification was sent down from the higher ups informing the reps. All we can do is ask.

The more I think about it, there could be a few (long shot) reasons why its more.

1-It cost more to make the white ones.

Sort of reminds me about that story about the Ford Model T. You can get any color you want as long as it is in black. The reason why he said that was because it helped them speed up the assembly line since black was the fastest drying color available. later on they added blue, grey and brown but did charge more for those colors. Could be it does cost more to make the white ones.

2-If it cost more to make the white ones, maybe all this time, the markup was already included in the price of the device. (Translation, the black ones were marked up ) Except this time around, they didn't markup the black ones for profit and are actually selling them at what they should be sold at.

3-Samsung sold the white ones higher than the black ones to Sprint, so Sprint is charging a more. (This may also explain why the Note 4 is $50 more than what others are offering the device for.)

Either way, it is what it is.

TS

Master

OSSYSPROG1,
We don't want you to feel this way. We are glad to answer questions anytime we can. Unfortunately in this case, we don't have an answer pertaining to that question specifically. Any attempt to answer this would be speculative. Check sprint.com/newsroom for official information about this particular product.
- Yannick
Sprint Social Care
Master

OSSYSPROG1,

I wish we could dictate how much we charge for these devices, but unfortunately, the suggested retail prices are decided by the manufacture. If you have any additional questions, comments, or concerns, we'll be more than happy to assist you.

Tiar

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Samsung requires you to price the phone at what they tell you?

Master

Not to make things worst, but how come al the carriers have the same price for all colors? Samsung is not dictating the price for them? or maybe Samsung if not playing fare?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just checked this morning and they fixed the problem on the website, now I have to get it fixed on my easy pay agreement.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat