cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Ambassadors: Apps That Excel With The S Pen!

Journeyman

This is my first time owning a Galaxy Note 4 and so far I love it.  Of course, you can’t really talk about the Note series without mentioning the S Pen.  Over the couple weeks that I’ve had the device I’ve decided to try some third party apps to see if I can find some that make great use of the S Pen.  So far I’ve found a few that really excel.  I’ve listed them below.

Evernote

Evernote is a very well known app.  It’s a very powerful tool that works well for not just basic note taking but also handling more complex projects.  It really excels with its cloud based features that allow you to sync your notes among various devices and collaborate with others.  What I didn’t realize was just how easy it was to use with the S Pen.

Screenshot_2014-12-18-10-09-17_resized.jpgScreenshot_2014-12-18-10-09-55_resized.png

Microsoft OneNote

Like Evernote, OneNote also allows you to sync your notes to the cloud, making it really easy to get access to them on multiple devices.  

Screenshot_2014-12-11-00-10-09_resized.png

Papyrus

Papyrus is another note taking app with a very simple interface.  The free version of this app doesn’t include any cloud features at all however for $2.99 you’ll be able to back up your notes to Dropbox or Box.  If you don’t need the cloud this is the easiest to just download and start writing away.

Screenshot_2014-12-18-10-08-02_resized.png

MyScript Calculator

So a calculator app may not sound exciting but I found this to be pretty cool.  The app allows you to literally write out problems, equations, formulas using your finger, stylus or the S Pen.  The app interprets what you’ve written and seemingly like magic provides the correct answer.  From my experience it’s right all the time.

Screenshot_2014-12-10-22-48-41_resized.pngScreenshot_2014-12-10-22-49-26_resized.png

Sketch Kit

Like to draw?  Sketch Kit is a drawing app that works wonderfully with the S Pen.  You can use it to draw on or annotate photos, webpages, maps or you can just choose to start from scratch.  The app is very simple to learn as it offers a few fun features such as filters, animations, varying pencil styles and colors however it’s not overwhelming.  The app is free with some ads in the lower right corner however the ads did not bother me much.  You can pay $2.50 to get rid of the ads and to add new filters and animations.

Screenshot_2014-12-10-23-09-18_resized.png

Please feel free to chime in and let us know what you think of these apps or if you have any personal recommendations of your own.

Until next time,

The Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles. #sprintemployee

1 Comment