cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received N910PVPU4DPH4 firmware update on 9/21.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Received N910PVPU4DPH4 firmware update on 9/21.

Looks like it's the September security update, wondering if there are any other changes?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

You figure that they would fix the power issues as no one is going to buy a Note 7 to upgrade from a Note 4.

Wizard

Why upgrade the Note 4? There's no reason to.

I have not upgraded since the Note 4. I see no reason to go to a Note 5, or a Note 6.5 (7), since they removed the IR blaster and added features that are gimmicky and I'll never use. I use the IR Blaster all the time to operate my TV set. I mean how many times have I ever used a fingerprint scanner? Or an eyeball scanner? Maybe someday and don't use their phone for things like adjusting their TV or the cable box or their Blu-ray player, and prefer an eyeball reader.

But as for me I see no reason to go past the Note 4. It does absolutely everything and it does it well if they stop screwing with it with weird updates that chew the battery up.

But it doesn't blow up, and it does everything I need it to do in a very functional way and that's why I invested in this very expensive phone, originally, in the first place.

Until they bring the IR Blaster back into their Note phone line, I doubt I will upgrade.

Highlighted
Wizard

*maybe some people

Highlighted
Journeyman

Tru Dat but the power thing is annoying. It can just shut down anytime the level is less than 30% without any warning.

Highlighted
Wizard

When I replaced the battery with a new one, shutting off at 30% or below seemed to stop a bit. Now with this latest update, it's chewing away at a fast rate. So either the battery gets chewed away from the top or gets wiped out from The bottom. It's ridiculous because one of the great features of the phone was advertised as having a strong long battery.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just as a data point, I've been on PH4 for a week now and haven't noticed any change in battery life. I typically get about a full day with average use, about 3.5 hours of screen time. If I'm using lots of google maps then battery life goes way down. Usually a sudden drop in battery life is caused by a misbehaving app.

To Groverburneymac ,

Sounds like you need a new battery.  These batteries typically start losing capacity after about a year or 500 charge cycles. If you get one, look for a reputable brand. Lots of the batteries on Ama*on are cheap knock offs and won't last. I've bought replacements directly from Anker and am very happy with them.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Poit.  I have read other posts where people have replaced the battery to no avail.  I will check it out though as I have had my phone for about 18 months now.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat