Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 software update - version N910PVPU4DPE1

Journeyman

Features/Enhancements:

• May Android/Samsung Security Patches

Important Info:

• Phased roll-out of the update starts on 5/23/16 and will be completed by 5/30/16
  • Keep in mind devices receive the update in phases each day. Customer Care cannot tell users when they will exactly get the update.  Please do not call asking.  Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 software update - version N910PVPU4DPE1

I ran this update today and now the haptic feedback on my Note 4 is extremely weak.

Sprint Social Care

Hello btweak666

Did you update your device within Sprint's network as well? Please confirm your device is working on the proper network by going to Settings, under the Connections section Tap Mobile networks > Tap Network mode> Select the preferred network mode: CDMA for 3G access only or LTE/CDMA to enable 4G LTE when available. It should be under either of those for a proper functioning of the device within Sprints Network. Your next step is to refresh the device. On the phone dial pad, press ##72786#. A black screen appears with SCRTN on the top banner. The phone will clear previous internal programming information and turn the phone off then back on. You will not lose your personal information.

Please let me know the outcome.

Irene

Sprint Social Care

Irene
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

This is not about my signal or anything. It's the physical vibration when touching the screen of the phone such as typing. You can barely feel it. I did use the reset you suggested but it didn't do anything for me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got marshmallow about 3 weeks ago on my note 4 and everything was great. Got the update from about 3 days ago...ever since my phone is now restarting randomly, maybe 100 times per day. If I'm online or in an application and i receive a text, it's almost certain doom. SO frustrating! The Sprint Store and the Samsung Experience Store were equally useless in resolving the issue.

Journeyman

I have been having the same issues since updating. Very frustrating indeed especially when you need your phone to run a business

Journeyman

I have been running this update for a few days and haven't had any issues.

Seems to be better than the original and first marshmallow update.

It has also fixed the stuttering when using Screen Mirroring (which was introduced with the original marshmallow update).

Journeyman

Same issue here as well. Ive restarted my phone to factory and still i have issues. My phone wont power up and i have to constantly pull the battery out to restart it.

Master

Since you performed a factory reset and this is a step that we perform when all the other troubleshooting steps have been exhausted, we recommend you to take the device into a Sprint Repair store for diagnosis and troubleshooting.

To locate a Sprint Repair store you can visit our store locator clicking here.

Please keep us posted.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Master

We would love to help you.

Click here to send me a private message, include your name, Sprint phone number, security PIN or the answer to the security question associated to your Sprint account.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

my note 4 is also randomly re starting or it will turn off and not turn back on.  Very unhappy.  

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat