cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Note 4

Go to solution
Journeyman

Samsung Note 4

I am a huge Galaxy Note fan. Love the whole series, but I did not upgrade from the Note 2 when the 3 came out because of the lack of new software and hardware features. I'm still not totally convinced I should upgrade still. What is something I should know about this phone that will change my mind? I'm familiar with all hardware and software specs btw.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Samsung Note 4

Given you're familiar with the hardware specs, you will love the quad-HD screen resolution, especially with Super AMOLED screen technology with excellent color depth.

One major upgrade from older Notes is Sprint Spark LTE access. Having Sprint Spark is phenomenal when you're in a Sprint Spark market. You can check coverage at www.sprint.com/coverage.

Another great feature is the natural hand writing feel of the newly updated S Pen. If you are a fan of hand written notes then you'll love the new Calligraphy pen mode of S Pen.

Lastly, the cameras (front and back) have extensive updates. The addition of OIS (optical image stabilization) is truly amazing in how it clears up otherwise shaky shots when moving. The front facing camera has some new features and controls that allow for super fun selfies and wide shot group selfies.

Thanks for the great question. I hope this helps you decide.

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Journeyman

And you'll love that you can no longer talk on the phone and be online simultaneously!

That is the greatest well kept secret SPRINT A IS NOT TELLING US.

Master

I don't think that is a secret Sprint is withholding from anyone, with my understanding any time a sprint PR was asked about it in a new announcement, they always declared it.

Here is an example: Sprint to take its time over VoLTE » Telecoms.com

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Ok. That was tech talk. Mumbo jumbo to the average customer. That was far from telling the customers that Sprint now falls short of a basic multi tasking function. All we're saying is BE HONEST with your customers. Just tell them straight out.... this phone will not do a few features your old phone could.

I would respect that.

Master

I'm sure SprintCare has said that many times before in this forum.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Wizard

So true, Sprint has, and not only on these forums but in other forums as well. Yet folks just want to see and read what they want to. It's been documented numerous times and yet folks complain.

If I had a previous device and relied on simultaneous voice and data every day and end up with a device that doesn't have that feature, I'll be [inappropriate word removed] if I'll stay with the device. Folks have 14 days to try out a device and if it doesn't work as they feel it should in those 14 days, they can return it, get out of the contract, etc, but nooooo they rather go beyond the 14 days, complain that they now can't get out or get another device because said device doesn't do x y and z. Then they come into the forums complaining.

Here is an idea. Stand in front of a mirror and start complaining. because that is the only one that is at fault here.

Folks, you need to take responsibility. Test the heck out of the devices which you buy. And if its not for you, then get another one, or go to another carrier. Simple as that.

I for one will have no problem blaming Sprint if they goofed up but in this case with the constant complaining about the simultaneous voice and data is really the customers fault. Get over it.

TS

Message was edited by: TheModerator     This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines.

Master

Even though I agree with you, I have to say that Sprint should have seen this coming too and should have been more proactive. I know they are working on VoLTE and WIFI (yeah WiFi, I found out they plan to broadcast WiFi also, hint the WiFi calling already rolled). I'm sure we will see VoLTE way before WiFi lol.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat