cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous phone & Internet usage

Journeyman

Simultaneous phone & Internet usage

Why can't I use the Internet or Other Internet based apps while on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Like I previously could when I had my Galaxy S3? Is it a matter of changing my network settings?

21 REPLIES 21
Master

Re: Simultaneous phone & Internet usage

Diesel5130 - Unfortunately, at this time, there is no simultaneous phone and internet usage available. - Crystal G
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Why? I upgraded my phone to gain features, not lose them! This is allegedly one of best devices on the market. So your telling me I can't use my GPS and talk at the same time.

Journeyman

A simple solution for GPS is to download Nokia HERE maps which allows you to download maps for offline use.  I'm actually using my old, deactivated S3 as a stand-alone GPS in my car as we speak.

Journeyman

It is beyond a deal breaker, if the dishonest business practices of sprint would have made me aware i woulda never gotten a note 4 on this network.

Master

POWERMONSTA, We apologize for any misinformation. In order to better support the new Sprint Tri-band network, and preserve device battery life, newer devices may not have the capability to use data on the LTE network while on a voice call. You can still do simultaneous voice and data while connected to WiFi.
- Jayda
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Exactly why i am about to drop this dam Sprint!!!

Journeyman

Yes and howvexactly will i connect to wifi when i am on the road traveling 100 + miles . This is ridiculous!!! I will definately be leaving Sprint because i upgraded to a note 4 thinking it will be an upgrade and guess what? Now i can't use my phone to talk and use my gps or Internet! ?!? Really meanwhile tmobile customer laugh at us? No thank you, your service needs to really come up.

Journeyman

Yes and how exactly will i connect to wifi when i am on the road traveling 100 + miles . This is ridiculous!!! I will definately be leaving Sprint because i upgraded to a note 4 thinking it will be an upgrade and guess what? Now i can't use my phone to talk and use my gps or Internet! ?!? Really meanwhile tmobile customer laugh at us? No thank you, your service needs to really come up.

Master

Unfortunately, the new devices only have one antenna design for connecting to LTE, the old design would have required two antennas. Sprint has plans to implement VoLTE later this year. They just signed a contract a couple weeks ago with one of the leaders in the industry to implement this. Now that they have the Spark network in a number of places, one they have activated the VoLTE functionality, everyone will pretty much get it rather then a market here and there as they upgrade.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

odd question i know but none of you noticed this within the 14 day trial period?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

WOW! Fireguy, with that level of political incorrectness, I'd vote for you.

You are running for office right?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat