cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous phone & Internet usage

GrandMaster

Re: Simultaneous phone & Internet usage

i thought about it but due to gas prices here in Cali i decided to start up a transportation/catapult service.

seriously though..none of the poster in here noticed this in the 14 days of having this phone?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

For myself, I was aware of this 1 antenna / talk or data issue and still signed up. I had to leave Verizon due to, drum roll, calls dropping randomly.

Message was edited by: Deltawaterbravo94

Master

Good for you. How's your situation now? Better, same, worse? Were you one of the lucky few to have VoLTE on Verizon, not two antennas but actual VoLTE?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

No VoLTE I'm thinking. I had Note 3 while there. I'll grade situation basically the same. Quick background: VZW tech released me from contract fully, i.e. no ETF, phone return or payment. They stated there were no more options but to release me as the tech, via site testing, concluded a physical object blocked signal to home. My complaint was not home area based though. Note 3 was dropping calls on interstates and other major areas where you are certain to have coverage. VZW normally has great coverage and CS, but no unlimited data after I'd moved off old grandfathered plan.

OK onward, I signed with Sprint to get the Note 4 and unlimited talk text data. My only issue was poor signal in major areas, which was traced to a bad phone. Bad phone replaced with store stock via insurance, resolved. Positives for me on Sprint include: unlimited data and easy pay phone payment so I can upgrade phones whenever conditions are met.

Journeyman

I am new to Sprint and this may be a serious deal breaker for me. What's the point of having a 4G network when you can't use GSM and 4G at the same time? I'll have to get with Customer Care to figure how to cancel this service. Thanks for your honesty.

Journeyman

When you state you can't use GSM and 4G at the same time, I'd like you to clarify so you'd get the best answers. I'm thinking you're referring to the Sprint network and not being able to talk and surf the internet at the same time. Am I correct so far? If yes, as mentioned earlier Sprint's newer phones have only 1 antenna, preventing them from talk and surf/data at the same time at least for now. When VoLTE is active that changes things so we can do both at once, as voice converts to data. As for canceling, you've got a 14 day timer to cancel. Call Customer Service or the store you signed up through for details and assistance.

Message was edited by: Deltawaterbravo94

Master

Also, Sprint network runs on CDMA not GSM. So the GSM option isn't an option.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

yup

ATT/TMO=GSM

Sprint/Verizon=CDMA.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

honestly though im still a bit mind boggled with how many people just jump at a phone without doing a tad bit of research on it. somehow i dont think theyre the type of people that will go out to buy a new car and just point and say "i want that one...no need to test it out". its something they will be stuck with for a couple years if not more..research people..and for the love of everything holly they have 14 days to test the phone out..if it doesnt work in the first 12 days then guess what..its not going to magically happen at day 15 either.

Wizard

So return the Note, and go to T-Mobile. Quite simple really.

It is a known fact that the last few phones due to their design (unlike older phones with separate radios) cannot do surf and talk at the same time. So it shouldn't come as a surprise. There are countless posts about it both here in the forums as well as out in the media.

Now, whether one likes to hear it or not, the user has two weeks to determine if the device they get is fulfilling their needs. If within that time they have not realize that the device cannot surf and talk then it wasn't so much a priority in the first place. Now if they noticed it and still kept it beyond the 14 trial period then I do not see how Sprint can be blamed. They should have returned it and go with a carrier that can if it is so important. In the near future Simultaneous Voice over LTE will be implemented, but until then, if the one really needs surf and talk, then they should go elsewhere.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat