cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Note 4 EDGE SM-N915P passes through FCC!!

Journeyman

Sprint Note 4 EDGE SM-N915P passes through FCC!!

ITS COMING!

The Samsung Galaxy Note Edge is back at the FCC and this time it sports CDMA connectivity. The LTE bands that were certified reveal it's Sprints version dubbed SM-N915P. Previously we saw AT&T's version (SM-N915A) pass, T-Mobile's version (SM-N915T) did as well.

http://fccid.net/number.php?fcc=A3LSMN915P&id=737992#axzz3GP2B74xo

Didn't order the Note 4. I'm eagerly waiting for this!http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Galaxy-Note-Edge-32.jpg

18 REPLIES 18
Wizard

Re: Sprint Note 4 EDGE SM-N915P passes through FCC!!

I like the idea of it but I don't know if it's enough to sway me away from the Nexus 6. Plus, strange phones like that usually aren't supported well.

Wizard

Strange since its the first of its kind, but they said the same thing about the orignal Galaxy Note 1 and look where we are now. I am sure this device will be a hit. Which in turn will get plenty of support both from teh manufacturer and aftermarket makers and developers. Is it enough to sway folks from another device or another ecosystem. That depends.

Size wise, I can say there are quite a few devices out there that can compare to the Note Series, like the Nexus 6, iPhone 6 Plus etc. But due to the nature of the Notes having the S-Pen/Stylus there really isn't competition for it.

Then thrown in the Note Edge and it becomes an even more unique device with no competitors around.

Still, if one is comfortable with an iPhone or a Nexus then that is all that matters. It really gets down to if one is more comfortable with iOS or Android or Windows OS.

TS

Master

I have to say, I was tempted to wait for the edge, but I think the price of it will be out of my reach. lol

AS far as note 4 and iphone 6+, I did a side by side comparison, and note 4 was much better on performance, picture quality, and sexiness in design.

Note 4 is smaller in dimensions (I know it's thicker, but you can't even feel the difference after a bumper case on the 6+) but bigger in screen size, the handling of the phone is easy and heavy enough not to feel cheap. Iphone 6+ will slip out of your hand if you have no bumper or case on it vs Note 4 that will stick on your hand and not slip.

I was thinking about the iphone or the note, and I am positive I made the right decision.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Wizard

Its funny DJ, but when I had both Note devices in my hand at Best Buy it didn't seem to be a difference between the Note 4 and Note Edge, yet over at versus.com it clearly shows a side by side/overlay height and screen difference.

btw, it took 36 days between when the Note 4 docs to appear on the FCC website to the actual release date.
If that timeline stays true for the Note Edge, then we may be seeing it released on Nov 21st.

The sooner it is the better. Only then can I decide which to get.

TS

Master

I got the 4 since I always hold the phone on the right hand and I was thinking it will create an issue with me using it with one hand (80% of the times I use it with one hand).

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Wizard

I have been curious about that for a while now.

Myself I am a right handed person but yet I hold my phone with my left hand.

Are you left handed or right handed?

GrandMaster

Dj is one of those weird people that doesnt use his hands and wears a sweat band on his head and just sticks it in there to call it hands free...what a weirdo

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

lol on his head lol

We are the Borg, Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.

Master

forgot to mention that I have one on one ear and the other on the other ear, all while using S Voice and remote control via my gear fit lol

Joking aside, I am right handed.

GrandMaster

but do you use your left hand while talking on the phone or do you keep the phone to your right hand all the time? im also right handed but usually hold the phone in my left hand while talking.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Talk? On a phone? What is this concept you speak of? Who does that now a days.

Talking or holding, the phone is in the left hand which leaves me free to use my dominate right hand for other stuff.

I think it has always been this way with me, but I only noticed it when I started using the Note Series with the S-Pen. Which I use quite often (when i had it).

TS

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat