cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: My New Favorite Galaxy Note 4 Case

Journeyman

51lF4HcBcvL._AC_.jpg

The Note 4 is a beast of a device.  It's also very expensive ($700+ off contract).  If you're gonna spend that much dough on a smartphone then it would behoove you to spend a little extra to protect your investment.  My natural instinct is to use my phones without any protection and for the first few days that's exactly what I did.  Who would want to cover up such beauty?  Better judgment prevailed and so I decided to shop around for a suitable case.  I must admit that when shopping for a case it's very important that I actually like to look at the thing.  Sure, protection is key but looks matter. 

Enter the Spigen Neo Hybrid case.  Spigen sells a couple versions and various colors however I opted for the champagne gold metal version which features an aluminum bumper.  The  case is gorgeous!  It's a dual layer design that sports an anti stretch TPU layer with the aluminum bumper on top which covers top, bottom and all sides of the device.  The buttons on the case are also aluminum and according to Spigen the buttons have a suede lining underneath to protect the actual buttons on the phone from being scratched by the metal.

The case is a perfect fit for the Sprint model.  The power and volume buttons are covered nicely and the buttons on the case with flawlessly.  There are cutouts for crucial areas such as the camera, flash and fingerprint scanner, micro USB slot, microphone and headphone jack.  The TPU layer is  slightly raised above the screen (the lip is 0.8 mm to be exact).  This will offer some drop protection for the screen especially on flat surfaces.  Of course drops on uneven surfaces are always unpredictable.

This case is for the user that is looking for some compromise between protection and an attractive design.  It's not as rugged as some other cases on the market however it does offer scratch protection and a little screen protection as well.  To be on the safe side I also picked up a tempered glass screen protector to minimize that risk.  Overall, the case is sleek and the metal bumper is a nice touch.  It doesn't add a lot of bulk either.

71OBbPAK6gL._AC_SY600_.jpg

The case costs $34.99 on Sprigen.com however I was able to pick it up for $23.99 on Amazon.  Feel free to chime in on your thoughts or experiences on this case.

Until next time,

The Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles. #sprintemployee