cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador - QHD Screen Comparison

Sprint Product Ambassador

So the Note 4 was the second phone on Sprint launched with a QHD screen. Its 5.7" screen is breathtaking to consume content on, whether it be outside or indoors. But how does it compare to the first phone Sprint launched with a QHD screen the LG G3? Lets find out:

In my experience, with both of these phones, the image/video quality is superb, even if your content is not QHD ready. However there are some subtle differences between the technologies, where the Note has the infamous Super AMOLED display while the G3 hosts an amazingly bright IPS LCD 5.5" screen.

http://fs01.androidpit.info/userfiles/5374817/image/lgg3-samsung-galaxy-note4-1.JPG

What are these subtle differences? We can make it very simple. Now keep it mind that both devices, due to their size and high resolution boast 500+ ppi, or pixels per inch, but it really doesn't matter because there are too many to really bother with. Your eyes cant seem them anyway, too many to count so to speak.

The first subtle difference is the brightness. traditionally the LCD's have always been brighter in outdoor situations, but in my experience both devices were visible and legible, however G3 was a tad bit better.

The second subtle difference may not be as subtle, so to speak, is the color reproduction. Again both do very well for most scenarios, but this is where the Super AMOLED really shines. Colors are at the right balanced temperature and the colors are also very deep. The G3 colors are bright and they pop however they lose some meaning sometimes. Very hard to explain.

Finally, this isn't really a screen technology feature, but the Note is 0.2" larger so in my case it wins out, but that is purely my opinion.

Until next time

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles. #sprintemployee