cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador - Samsung Note 4 vs Note 3 - Physical attributes

Sprint Product Ambassador

Another year, another upgrade. You can expect Samsung to brighten our lives with their amazing and powerfule devices year after year. This year was no exception. Behold the Note 4. Actually Samsung launched 2 Note devices, the 4 and the Edge, but I will go into a comparison between the 2 on a later date. But today, we will compare the Note 4 with its older brother, the Note 3.

So lets briefly talk about whats new with this guy. The big stuff so to speak.

Screen!

I mean, this is a Samsung device. If anyone thought Samsung would not impress with the screen, you need to look again. With a whopping QHD 5.7" screen, Samsung made it clear they lead the industry in screen quality and performance.

Samsung-Galaxy-Note-4-vs-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-3-photo1.jpg

Comparing to the Note 3, we have the same size screen BUT 4 times the resolution 1080p vs 2160p QHD. This screen is very clear, clearer then 3, brighter in the sun and everything else you can imagine.

Now lets talk about the build quality and styling.

Samsung went a different route after years of critisism of using plastic as their build material, sorry polycarbonate or something. The Note 4 is the first of their metal framed devices. It is thinner, but not lighter when compared to the Note 3. The feel is smooth but when you run your finger around the bezel you can feel the nice smooth edge they cut for looks. However when it comes to durabilty, reviews are mixed. I feel it is a bit more sturdy and feels premium.

samsung-galaxy-note-4-vs-note-3-quick-look-aa-6-of-11.jpg

This covers, in my opinion the 2 major enhancements from the Note 3 from a physical perspective, however the Note 4 has several new software and other enhancements that I will go over in another blog.

Until then:

-Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee