cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Galaxy Note 4 WIFI

Sprint Product Ambassador

During the holidays I had the pleasure in visiting my families and friends in areas where there is little to no cell tower coverage. Luckily, I had my handy Galaxy Note 4 which supports Wi-Fi calling and with it I was able to make and receive phone calls while I was out in the middle of nowhere.  It’s simply and easy to use. All you need is a capable Wi-Fi broadcasting network and a Wi-Fi calling capable device.  If you have these two, then you are ready to do some Wi-Fi calling along with data surfing.

Also, this is a neat feature to use if you are in need to talk and surf the web at the same time. It’s not a common thing to do, but I do find the need to surf the web while I am on the phone.

First go into settings on your Note 4 and select Wi-Fi Calling.

Next, turn on the Wi-Fi calling feature.

In my example, you will see two categories. One labeled as Wi-Fi Calling Enabled Wi-Fi Networks and the other as Add Wi-Fi Calling to a Wi-Fi network.

I am going to select a network from my list of available networks from Add Wi-Fi Calling to a Wi-Fi network. Note: only select the network in which you are within range of and connected to. Otherwise, your connection will fail.

Screenshot_2015-01-04-17-27-28.pngScreenshot_2015-01-04-17-28-18.pngScreenshot_2015-01-04-17-32-19.png

Select Wi-Fi Calling again and now you can register your location via two methods. You can allow the device e to locate you or you can input your address manually.

Screenshot_2015-01-04-17-34-33.pngScreenshot_2015-01-04-17-37-17.png

Once you have entered your address, select save and your device will now setup to configure itself to Wi-Fi calling. You can verify this from the notification pulled down window where you can also turn off the feature and you will notice this from the keypad window where the green talk button is labeled with an icon indicating Wi-FI. The third image shows the non-Wi-Fi icon.

Screenshot_2015-01-04-17-40-11.pngScreenshot_2015-01-04-17-41-06.pngScreenshot_2015-01-04-17-42-56.png

From there, dial your number as you normally would and all of your calls will be delivered and received over the Wi-Fi network connection in which you had connected to.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.