cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: What is Adaptive Fast Charging?

Sprint Product Ambassador

QCQC.JPG

You have been out of most of the day heavily using your new Galaxy Note 4 and when you get home you notice that your battery is low, maybe around 20%.  You plug it in using the kitted charger and 30 minutes later, your battery is nearly at 100%, if not completely charged.

What gives? Is it luck?  Is it magic? Neither.

It's a wonderful technology invented by Qualcomm called Quick Charge, the second iteration (2.0) of which is implemented on the Galaxy Note 4.  Samsung calls this "Adaptive Fast Charging" but you'll call it awesome and is one of the many killer features on the Note 4.  For someone who often travels for work, this is a long overdue feature that I don't think I could live without.  While I have portable battery packs and power banks in my backpack, the ability to quickly get my Note 4 charged and ready to go is great.

Capture.JPG

Driven by advancements in the latest Snapdragon processors, Quick Charge 2.0 offers 75% faster charging than conventional methods, and you will most definitely notice the difference.

In laboratory tests using a 3300mAh battery, a Quick Charge 2.0 enabled device went from 0% to 60% charge in 30 minutes, while a device without Quick Charge 2.0 using a conventional (5 volt, 1 amp) charger achieved just a 12% gain in the same 30 minutes. A device with Quick Charge 1.0 managed a 30% charge in that time period.

Source: Qualcomm

So live your life with less "battery life anxiety" with Adaptive Fast Charging aka Quick Charge 2.0 available on the Note 4.  Trust us, you'll love having "less time charging, more time doing"!

Until next time,

The Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer:
The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the
company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint
devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador
shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this
post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not
represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond
to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee