cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System update notifications

Highlighted
Journeyman

System update notifications

Whenever I reboot my GN4 I get a updating system thing in the notification bar it's driving me crazy. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Master

JHILL805,

Thank you for reaching out. What software version is on the phone? Is it updating the OS?

- Jewel
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Well,I have a Galaxy Note 4... That would be 4.4.4. I don't know what it's trying to update.

Screenshot_2.JPG

Screenshot_3.JPG

I'm at a loss...

Highlighted
Master

JHILL805,

Thank you for the information. Please enter ##72786# on the dial pad so that the previous internal programming information will be cleared. Let me know the results.

- Jewel
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Same thing. If I turn off system update in application manager it stops. But that is treating the symptom rather than the cause I think .

This all started when I tried to update the prl. The pop up wouldn't start and the phone wouldn't look for a prl update. Same with update profile. Went to sprint zone and it gave me a you need to activate message. Phone seemed to be working fine before that as  I was talking and texting. So went to settings and activated. All seemed to go well but the prl still wouldn't update. So I said the heck with it and I did a factory reset.  Prl updated after that but this system update thing  started to happen. So... I dunno. 

Highlighted
Master

JHILL805,

Thank you for the information. Further troubleshooting can be done at a Sprint service and repair. You can also follow the steps here: http://bit.ly/1qQty1X to send us a private message so that we can send a refresh to the phone.

- Jewel
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Bro if u want to turn it off u can go to ur setting then go to system update uncheck auto update then it will stop doing that

Highlighted
Journeyman

Remember if is green check then is on if u uncheck it is off ok

Highlighted
Master

Even if you turn the auto update off, it will update profile and PRL every time you turn on your phone. It is supposed to do that (the software was designed that way).

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

turning off auto update was  the first thing I did. But thanks for your input...

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat